PDA

View Full Version : *Sigh!* (from a Mac user)

Catherinechen
11-10-2004, 01:37 PM
I got the latest update of Mac OS X (10.3.6), I downloaded the Myst 4 patch, I tried that "magic line" to fix my graphic problems, but Myst 4 still won't run properly with my ATI Radeon 9000 128Megs AGP Pro Mac Edition.

I'm playing on a Mac G4 400MHz, with something like 640megs of RAM... what else can I say? The movies are just fine, but as soon as the cursor appears in the very beginning of the game, all I see is Yeesha standing in the middle of a freezed image of unanimated, single-coloured blocks. Yeesha's fine, though...

These problems only appear when i'm using the ATI Display (latest version, 4.4.2) to create a "personalized profile" for Myst 4. If I don't do so, I feel like the game doesn't use my graphic card at its best.

Help...

Catherine

maztec
11-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Try the next patch. Should be out within a day or two, with any luck.

The particular issue you're seeing now was caused by the new patch...

Catherinechen
11-11-2004, 06:27 AM
Thank you Maztec,

I tested every option available on my graphic card, and found out it's just the FSAA option on my Radeon 9000 Pro that causes this problem. I reinstalled Myst4 without the patch and the exact same thing happened! Sad though, because this option would make all the difference in the game.

Is there a way to fix this right now? Should I just write an e-mail to Ubi Support, hoping for the next patch to fix it?

maztec
11-11-2004, 05:51 PM
FSAA? I know of plenty of other people using this card without this issue.... Mac and PC...

Catherinechen
11-12-2004, 12:30 PM
Here's what ATI says about FSAA:
"FSAA (Full Scene Anti-Aliasing) technology, designed to minimize jagged edges and smooth images, is also enabled on this and other RADEON MAC EDITION products, bringing a high-end feature into this segment."

I noticed my hand cursor has a jagged contour (you know that stairs effect?), and was worried that some parts of the game would also be affected (I haven't left the first world yet; it's Tomahna, right?). Wouldn't FSAA fix this?

maztec
11-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Theoretically sure.

Hmm, I have FSAA on now that you mention it - hasn't seemed to be a problem yet.