PDA

View Full Version : Bringing the rosters back!

shinigamihedge
07-23-2009, 11:18 AM
These boards will never be the same. :P

Anyway, I estimate there'll be around 22 characters in this game. Note: I'd LOVE to have over 30, but for a "first game" in the Smash Up! series, I think they'll keep the characters to a minimum.

So here's my roster.

Confirmed:
1-Leonardo
2-Raphael
3-Donatello
4-Michaelangelo
5-Shredder
6-Casey Jones
7-Splinter (2007 movie style)
8-April (2007 movie style)
9-Foot Soldier (2007 movie style)
10-Karai (2007 movie style)
11-Fugitoid (Old Comics)
12-Night Watcher (2007 Movie)
13-Ultominator (2003 cartoon)

Semi-confirmed
14-Leatherhead (comics, cartoon, 2003 cartoon)

Rabbids:
15-Rabbid 1
16-Rabbid 2

Unconfirmed:
17-Bebop (80's)
18-Rocksteady (80's)
19-Slash (comic)
20-Baxter Stockman (2003)
21-Rat King (comic?/80's)
22-Miyamoto Usagi (comic)

Boosting it up to a Melee sized roster
23-Tokka (Movies)
24-Razhar (Movies)
25-Metalhead (comic?/80's/2003?)
26-Triceraton (comic)

Boosting it up to Brawl-sized roster
27-Agent Bishop (2003 toon)
28-Zog (comic/2003 cartoon)
29-Chrome Dome (comics?/80's?)
30-Armaggon (comic)
31-Ray Fillet (comic)
32-War (comic?)
33-General Aguila (Movies)
34-Wingnut (comic)
35-Hothead
36-Shogun (80's)
37-Panda Khan (???)
38-Asuka (Tournament Fighters)
39-Krang(80's)

And of course...
40-Question mark

What do you think?
What would you change?
What would you include or rule out?

And finally... rate.

Note: I don't have too much knowledge of the original Comic. I know much about the 80's, a lot about the past games based on it, most about the 4 movies, little about 2003 toon, but nothing about the comics.

tenor335
07-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Most of these characters are ones considered, but if you're trying to go in order of likelihood, I think you're wrong on a lot of fronts.

First of all, there will be no Krang. In the last video, it was clearly stated that Utrominator was intended to represent Krang. I also think your characters under the section for boosting it up to a melee sized roster have hardly any chance for this installment. The characters under the Brawl section are much more likely. Hopefully with the exception of Aguila. I don't want to see anything else that only showed up in the 07 movie. Also Wingnut and Asuka are probably not very likely compared to a lot of the other characters listed. But this would be a pretty good roster. There are some characters that I wouldn't want that you've listed, but most are good and should be in the game. At this point I'm willing to bet the amount of characters will end up in the 18-22 range... not including rabbids.

shinigamihedge
07-23-2009, 11:55 AM
I agree 18-22 is the most likely.

Fixed the list a bit. Trying to include from as many universes as possible.

kor31
07-23-2009, 12:43 PM
i think that yojimbo will be playable.

FalconSuxNBrawl
07-23-2009, 12:46 PM
In the Smash Bros. franchise, I thought only a couple of the characters were actually cool and unfortunately, out of those few cool characters, a good bit of them weren't actually all that fun to play as.

The cool thing to me about the TMNT cast so far is that almost all the characters I would pick just by coolness factor alone (with the exception of Rabbids).

Back to your list... I would move Usagi and Rat King up to the 18-22 range.

I noticed in the Comic-Con video, Michelangelo doing a move that very VERY closely resembles his Rising Thunder dragon punch move from TMNT: Tournament Fighters on the SNES. I wonder if characters that appeared in that game may have a slightly better chance to be in the game since they may have been influenced by it.

tenor335
07-23-2009, 01:22 PM
Much better and more likely, although I still think Tokka, Rahzar, The Rat King, Zog, and Metalhead all have a better chance than General Aguila, Ray Fillet, and Armaggon. But overall I bet we'll see some combination of whatever you put up through number 22, and not much beyond that.

Jingoku
07-23-2009, 01:59 PM
I really hoppe the Rabbids don't count as characters for the official roster. I'd like if the main roster actually consists of 20-25 TMNT characters and the Rabbids are extra characters.

And I also think that Miyamoto Usagi has better chances to end up in the game.

shinigamihedge
07-23-2009, 04:45 PM
@FalconsSuxNBrawl:
Agree, characters that were downright stupid were usually overpowered, while the cool characters are weak (won't go into detail).

I've moved Usagi and Rat King up, due to the apparent importance factor. That's good, I thought those guys weren't too popular.

@tenor:
Considering the low ammount of attention the 80's cartoon is getting, I think Bebop and Rocksteady are pushing it as it is... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Unless they consider Tokka and Razhar important because of the movie!

@Jingoku:
I think nobody wanted those Rabbids in the first place. If our prayers are heard, at least they'll cut them down to ONE instead of two. I mean, before a Rabbid I'd like to see Venus in there!

ksu_fan20
07-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Shinigamihedge,

You have all that I want in a roster. I'm glad there's finally someone else on here that wants what I want. Props to you. Stay classy San Diego.

tenor335
07-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Perfect. That's pretty much spot on now.

jake_manutd
07-24-2009, 06:07 AM
I like it. Most of those should make in it.

I'm just thinking if this is a one off game instead of a series like SSB then why not just put as much in as they can?

Jingoku
07-24-2009, 06:16 AM
If the game is well received, I hope this will turn into a game series.

jake_manutd
07-24-2009, 12:09 PM
I hope it turns into a series too.