PDA

View Full Version : Devicelink, how to?

Fennec_P
06-02-2005, 07:11 PM
I'm trying to set up the dealy that shows you your G-load ingame.

I've read the devicelink.txt in the root directory. The document is cryptic, to say the least.

Can someone explain to me in laymans terms how to make it work? Thx

Fennec_P
06-02-2005, 07:11 PM

I've read the devicelink.txt in the root directory. The document is cryptic, to say the least.

Can someone explain to me in laymans terms how to make it work? Thx

BBB_Hyperion
06-02-2005, 08:59 PM
Step 1 setup devicelink

Open config file and add

[DeviceLink]
port=10000
IPS=

IPS = Local IP to secure data to your system only.

Step 2

Use commands as described in the devicelink.txt

send udp protocol data to devicelink port without cr or lf.

That should do it.

GAU-8
06-03-2005, 01:19 AM
get with BALDIE JR.

he probably has the most extensive time with it that these forums are aware of. if i remember correctly he had a video of gauges working to the game..?

Diablo310th
06-03-2005, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fennec_P:

Can someone explain to me in laymans terms how to make it work? Thx </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Go over to SimHq and do a search for UDPSpeed. 2 guys over there did a fantastic job with 2 programs using devicelink. UDPSpeed and UDPGraph. Of teh 2 I like UDPGraph the best. However it only works offline, unless someone has found a way to make devicelink work online. If so I really would like to know how too.

WWSensei
06-03-2005, 10:58 AM
Devicelink doesn't work online other than some very basic commands.

I wrote a C++ wrapper for devicelink if you want to code your own tool. It abstracts away the networking stuff so you only have to declare a variable of DeviceLink type and make a call to Init()...

http://www.wingwalkers.org/sensei/devicelink.zip