PDA

View Full Version : Battle over Britain Campaign Question

LT.INSTG8R
01-26-2006, 10:50 AM
I have been playing thru the Battle over Britain campaign and I just wanted to know if I ever get into a better Hurri or am I flying a 38 MK1 thru out? I mean its not a bad plane but Im tired of stalling my engine chasing after Emils.....

LT.INSTG8R
01-26-2006, 10:50 AM
I have been playing thru the Battle over Britain campaign and I just wanted to know if I ever get into a better Hurri or am I flying a 38 MK1 thru out? I mean its not a bad plane but Im tired of stalling my engine chasing after Emils.....

Extreme_One
01-26-2006, 11:42 AM
The MkI Hurricane was the only Hurricane in service at the time.

There were MkIIs being tested and maybe there was the odd squadron that were equipped with one or two early MkIIs, but the squadron you're flying for wasn't re-equipped until much later.

Xiolablu3
01-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Many online maps put in the Hurri IIb and maybe Field mod to make up for the lack of Spitfire mkI.

The Field mod is great for knocking down Emils.

LT.INSTG8R
01-26-2006, 12:49 PM
Thanks for that. I guess I will plug away in my my old MkI and see it thru, just hate stalling the engine at the worst times

Extreme_One
01-26-2006, 12:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LT.INSTG8R:
Thanks for that. I guess I will plug away in my my old MkI and see it thru, just hate stalling the engine at the worst times </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Am I right in guessing you're stalling as you attempt a fast diving descent?

If so then you need to invert and pull through and then un-invert at the desired height to dive quickly without stalling.

I hope that helps.

blakduk
01-26-2006, 03:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LT.INSTG8R:
Thanks for that. I guess I will plug away in my my old MkI and see it thru, just hate stalling the engine at the worst times </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same frustration- it only takes a slight negative G and the engine starts to cut out. It often happens to me as i'm trying to line up for a shot on someone's 6.
I find the only way i can avoid it is to stop chasing (the Hurri is too slow anyway) and maneuver for a slashing pass. That way i can more easily control my G loading without losing my situational awareness.

LT.INSTG8R
01-26-2006, 04:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Extreme_One:

Am I right in guessing you're stalling as you attempt a fast diving descent?

If so then you need to invert and pull through and then un-invert at the desired height to dive quickly without stalling.

I hope that helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent tip thanks

james_ander
01-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Where can I download the Battle over Britain campaign? Is it good?

Thanks.

blakduk
01-26-2006, 08:26 PM
james_ander- i suggest you check out the reviews on this thread.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/3631050393

It's an excellent campaign and the first post lists where you can download it from.

major_setback
01-27-2006, 04:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by james_ander:
Where can I download the Battle over Britain campaign? Is it good?

Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's good...definately worth trying. Here it is:

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_campaigns_bob.htm