PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, Different varinats in group.

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Hi Oleg, I sudden rememeber see some photograph of fighters in flight. Im my memory of first picture I spotted that same planes but different variants. It was a LW B/W photograph during Battle of France as leader fly Me-109E-3 as his wingman fly Me-109E-1. How I know because I see no bumps under wing of Me-109E-1 which wing are armed with MG17. Then I started rememeber more pictures that they fly different variants like leader fly Me-109G-6ASM as wingman fly early Me-109G-6. I don't know if VVS do that with different plane and variants in group flying. Why not create program to make possible have different variants in squadron/wing in same year as what have in history.

Also make possbile to have wear and tear engine with hours limit on engine even airframe that get shorten life if hot-rod around that force player to use other plane even older plane on hand.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 11:49 PM
Hi Oleg, I sudden rememeber see some photograph of fighters in flight. Im my memory of first picture I spotted that same planes but different variants. It was a LW B/W photograph during Battle of France as leader fly Me-109E-3 as his wingman fly Me-109E-1. How I know because I see no bumps under wing of Me-109E-1 which wing are armed with MG17. Then I started rememeber more pictures that they fly different variants like leader fly Me-109G-6ASM as wingman fly early Me-109G-6. I don't know if VVS do that with different plane and variants in group flying. Why not create program to make possible have different variants in squadron/wing in same year as what have in history.

Also make possbile to have wear and tear engine with hours limit on engine even airframe that get shorten life if hot-rod around that force player to use other plane even older plane on hand.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 12:12 AM
bump

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 05:49 PM
bump

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 09:13 PM
The picture you are talking about was published in Squadron/Signal's publication Meserschmitt Bf 109 in action Part 1 in chapter Assault on the West.That plane, presumably E-1 could easily be an E-3, because production of E-3 started with machineguns, not canons in wings. Also, some countries which purchased E-3 could opt for wing mounted machineguns, or simply put them there during assembly instead of canons (which BTW had only 60 shells each).
And yes, VVS did that, too. It was noticed that the top notch planes were given to unit commanders, like commander was flying Yak-3, and the rest of flight was flying some older Yaks.
However, you have forgotten some tiny things /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif . PATHFINDERS! Planes that were tasked with leading the way, and/or finding a target and/or marking it were almost always of a different type than those that did the bombing. And yet, they were in the same flight!
This is probably too much to ask of Oleg, but it could be a really nice feature which could add great amount of immersiveness to the game.
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif WereSnowleopard, you got bump from me.

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 02:10 AM
Rab03 wrote:
- The picture you are talking about was published in
- Squadron/Signal's publication Meserschmitt Bf 109 in
- action Part 1 in chapter Assault on the West.That
- plane, presumably E-1 could easily be an E-3.....

Thank you for reply! It is worth answer! I am still thumbing page on some old books to found any more of one wing/squadron often fly few different variants in some missions.

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 07:02 AM
Kimura show us picture of P-51D in different variant. It may be so tiny different but show it anyway. I guess I should be more pay attention to tiny detail. Thank to Kimura.

http://www.swissmustangs.ch/mediac/400_0/media/Bottisham~Four~375th~FS_d.jpg

Regards
SnowLeopard

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 10:51 AM
/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif De nada, WereSnowLeopard.

Practically it happened often, due to all sorts of reasons.

Again, it would be a very nice touch.