PDA

View Full Version : Menu controls

ThaWhistle
03-22-2011, 01:50 PM
The menu controls(anything outside of the actual control of ezio or desmond) are incredibly cumbersome. I'm using a mouse and keyoard, and am about 2 and a half hours into the game and felt the need to make this thread because its annoying as hell.

in AC2, the menu controls were bound to the open hand button, leg button and WSAD, and etc. now its buttons on the right side of hte keyboard like enter, backspace and etc. I don't know about you all, but having to go click the buttons with the mouse, or moving a hand to hit a button which I used to be able to do in AC2 with no additional effort is just annoying. Especially in the glyphs.

This seems like a colossal oversight.

mime024
04-01-2011, 09:55 PM
I agree 100% This is extremely annoying with the glyphs and navigating through the shops and main menus.

I have been working on a AutoHotKey Script to resolve this. So far I have been able to remap the Arrow Keys back to WSAD while also keeping them as movement keys as it was in AC2.

However I am having trouble remapping the Backspace and Enter keys. I currently have the mapped back to the Spacebar and Shift keys while in menus, but during actual gameplay they lose their function as free-run/jump and open-hand. The game doesn't like the ::sendinput or ::sendplay scripts.

If anyone is familiar with AutoHotKey and knows a workaround please pose it hear. Meanwhile i will continue working on this and will post back if I find anything new.

ace3001
04-01-2011, 10:14 PM
So damn true. This is an example of developers messing up when they try to fix what's not broken.