PDA

View Full Version : Let the He-111 Gunners Reload

SeminoleX
12-21-2004, 07:32 PM
I see the Ammo drums on the bulkhead. Why not allow the gunners to reload? The bomber crews have it tough enough with holed fuel tanks on 92.63% of missions flown.

Aaron_GT
12-22-2004, 05:40 AM
Actually the issue is more that they don't reload. In other words they act as if they had a continuous belt of ammunition rather than several 'saddle' clips (which is what you can see on the bulkhead)

JG53Frankyboy
12-22-2004, 05:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeminoleX:
I see the Ammo drums on the bulkhead. Why not allow the gunners to reload? The bomber crews have it tough enough with holed fuel tanks on 92.63% of missions flown. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you ever noticed that the drums are disapearing after shooting quite a while ?
thats the "reloading" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

KG26_Alpha
12-22-2004, 06:02 AM
Ammo load out on He111's is suspect all round, seems like theres too little of it.

SeminoleX
12-22-2004, 09:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SeminoleX:
I see the Ammo drums on the bulkhead. Why not allow the gunners to reload? The bomber crews have it tough enough with holed fuel tanks on 92.63% of missions flown. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

did you ever noticed that the drums are disapearing after shooting quite a while ?
thats the "reloading" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I haven't noticed that at all. A few short bursts from any individual gun position and the ammo is gone...that's what I have noticed.

SeminoleX
12-22-2004, 09:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KG26_Alpha:
Ammo load out on He111's is suspect all round, seems like theres too little of it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep..that's the point.

Fennec_P
12-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Well, at least in the Stuka B2, you can see the extra magezines disappear as you shoot.

The He-111 only has a couple extra magazines for each gun, no? They seem to be pretty small, only with 60 rounds each or something. Not big boxes of ammo like other bombers have.

VW-IceFire
12-22-2004, 04:56 PM
I noticed on the B-25 that, after bombing a target, and strafing with the forward .50cals...that all my turret guns were also empty.

There was no bandits at this point and no reason for them to shoot.

On RTB I ended up with a bandit on my tail and nothing from any position to shoot with. He thankfully got nailed by a 40mm Bofors.