PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed: Revelations - Storyline speculation Thread! (possible ACB spoilers!)

scope2005
05-07-2011, 09:28 AM
I know its still early days yet, and details are still sketchy.. but I have noticed there are no designated threads for speculating the storyline or discussing what the new gameplay mechanic might be.

So I have opened this thread so we can pool our lucrative (and hopefully some creative!), idea's into one thread!

Known Facts

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> <LI> Game takes place in constantinople - capital of the Ottoman empire (modern day Istanbul and capital of Turkey), although it has not been announced how long after AC:B the game takes place. The purpose for Ezio's involvement will be to stop the threat of an amassing templar army.

<LI> AC:R will have a new (possibly revelutionary), gameplay mechanic that has not been seen in previous titles.

<LI> AC:R will feature *BOTH* Ezio, and Altair. If Altair will feature in bleeding effect sequences (ala AC2), flashback style cutscenes, or actual playable portions of the game is currently unknown. [/list]

My Speculation for the storyline and gameplay mechanics of AC:R

My theory is based upon information provided by ubisoft for AC:Revelations, the previous three AC games, AC: Project Legacy, and the "Da Vinvi Dissapearence" DLC for AC:Brotherhood.

My inital reaction to Altair's involvement would be that we would play bleeding effect scenario's just like in AC2...

But I was looking through a thread which discussed the period of time in which we will play as Altair, and saw the below post.

Originally posted by AronAssassin68:
...our memories from Altair must be from before he conceived his child in that cutscene from AC2 for the obvious reasons.

A Very valid point was made by AronAssassin68, and he is completely correct. If desmond acesses Altair's memories "within the animus" then he will be restricted up to this point in time... BUT.. There is another way for Desmond and the assassins to get around this"

I had a revelation of my own...

<span class="ev_code_RED">*What if* during his lifetime, ALTAIR CAME INTO POSSESSION OF THE SHROUD OF TURIN?</span>

The shroud of turin is a 'piece of eden', which has been speculated to play an important role in either the next Assassins Creed game, or future ACB DLC.
The end of the "Da Vinci Dissapearence" gave a set of Co-ordinates which pointed towards a pretty random piece of land in new-york state - Called TURIN.. (interestingly it was adjacent to a town named florence, and another named rome!).

So whats my point?

*If* Ezio was to come into possession of this Piece of eden in the 16th century, he may be able to relive Altair's memories even *AFTER* he sired a child (assuming altair used this piece of eden) - as the memories stored in the DNA of a user are transferred to the shroud ITSELF.

Now the reason for Ezio WANTING to access Altair's memories may be tied into events in constantinople... perhaps Altair went there for some undocumented purpose (afterall constantinope was very close to the holy land!). Is ezio retracing altairs steps using the shroud? Perhaps the assassins in present day NEED to see what happened to Altair after he sired his children? And the only way is by watching altair through Ezio's eyes?

<span class="ev_code_RED">The significance of memories within memories was explored in AC:Brotherhood... Could this be the next advancement upon that idea?

"Ezio accessing Altair's memories while desmond watches through Ezio's memories"? </span>

COULD *THIS* be the new gameplay mechanic? - to be able to switch between altair's and ezio's memories without leaving the animus?

Interesting.

Information on "The Shroud of Turin":

For those who are unfamiliar with the shroud, it is another peice of eden. The puzzzles from AC2 and ACB state that it was supposedly used by Jesus Christ to perform healing miracles, and it was used by his followers to ressurect him 3 days after his crucifixion by the romans. It is unconfirmed what happened to the shroud after this, but it is likely that it came into the possession of the romans.

It's purpose is explained briefly in AC: Project legacy. It was recovered by the assassin Francesco Vecellio sometime around the early 1500's, from a templar agent who tried to use the shroud to save himself after an assassination attempt.

It has two main purposes, first of all it is able to heal grevious wounds and perhaps even raise the dead...
Its Second purpose is that it allows a user to access the memories of those who have previously used the shroud, or the memories of the users ancestors.

It is said that the DNA of the user is saved within the shroud, so it can be recalled by future generations - In Project Legacy the assassin Giovanni Borgia uses the shroud, and experiences the memories of Marcus Brutus - The man behind the assasination of Julius Ceaser. This means that Giovanni is either a direct descendant of Brutus OR Brutus possessed the shroud at some point in his life.

Perhaps Abstergo used this piece of eden to reverse engineer the first animus? it sounds like the only possible way they could have gained this kind of technology

I realise that my speculation could be miles out here, but an interesting theory, and I cant wait to see how the whole Altair/Ezio dual story works.

Please discuss and feel free to post your own Idea's on where ubisoft are going with this!

EDIT: Looks like the first info on how Altair will fit in has been released, its similar to my theory but not identical!

Indeed, Altair's memories will be "memories in memories". But instead of using the shroud (which would have been a really cool explanation) - Ezio will find artifacts created by Altair called "Seals". Using the Piece of Eden to create these memories storage devices, they will likely be buried in "Assassin /Lair of Romulus" style tombs.

An interesting point made, was "will ezio then start to suffer from the bleeding effect as a side effect of using these devices?"

It would be cool if he started to see "ghosts" of altair's memories in constantinople, just like ezio did when he visited monterrigioni. Could even make for an interesting puzzle mechanic to find the other tombs entrances.

There is also information of a new gameplay element called the "black room"... some sort of safe mode of the animus in which Desmond can restructure his "splintered subconsious".

This pretty much confirms that the bleeding effect that desmond is suffering from is starting to split his personality, and this might be the only way for him to be cured of the bleeding effect. Sound interesting - might even let us experience memories from desmonds youth on the farm as he tries to establish what memories are his own.

Scopeh.

SaltShakerz93
05-07-2011, 09:54 AM
I can't find the link right now but it has been stated that Ezio will be the one living through Altair memories using some sort of seals. These seals could have a possible relation to the shroud of turin.
Also since Altair himself supposedly stored his memories in those so called seals....these memories could be from any part of his life. One more thing that I would like to add is about this new Eagle Sense which is supposedly a higher level of eagle Vision. Remember at the end of ACB Desmond was told to awaken the Sixth(sense?)...I believe that synchronisation with ezio while he uses these is also going to cause Desmond to be able to use this and hence he will be one step closer to Awakening The Sixth Sense called Knowledge.

SaltShakerz93
05-07-2011, 10:03 AM
I have a question...If for instance Altair did weild the shroud in his life...then can only and only Ezio see his memories being his descendent or can anyone who posesses it since its not your own DNA which is being taken into account. If so then these seals....If Ezio is using them then I believe only and only ezio can use them since he is a descendent of Altair.

scope2005
05-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by SaltShakerz93:
I can't find the link right now but it has been stated that Ezio will be the one living through Altair memories using some sort of seals. These seals could have a possible relation to the shroud of turin.
Also since Altair himself supposedly stored his memories in those so called seals....these memories could be from any part of his life. One more thing that I would like to add is about this new Eagle Sense which is supposedly a higher level of eagle Vision. Remember at the end of ACB Desmond was told to awaken the Sixth(sense?)...I believe that synchronisation with ezio while he uses these is also going to cause Desmond to be able to use this and hence he will be one step closer to Awakening The Sixth Sense called Knowledge.

Just managed to find this info myself, The new eagle sense may hold the key to unlocking the sixth sense. But its more practical uses in game seem interesting.

I have no idea how it works, but it seems you can predict the path a target will take, and see where they have been. Meaning you can set up a trap with bombs ahead, or possibly even predict the best vantage point for an ambush or air assassination etc.

I am unsure about this eagle hook mechanic. I noticed it in the new artwork, but it seems a bit gimmicky like the springboards in the "bonfire of the vanities" DLC for AC2. I was hoping for something a bit more revolutionary!

...Roll on November!

SaltShakerz93
05-07-2011, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by scope2005:
EDIT: Looks like the first info on how Altair will fit in has been released, its similar to my theory but not identical!

Indeed, Altair's memories will be "memories in memories". But instead of using the shroud (which would have been a really cool explanation) - Ezio will find artifacts created by Altair called "Seals". Using the Piece of Eden to create these memories storage devices, they will likely be buried in "Assassin /Lair of Romulus" style tombs.

An interesting point made, was "will ezio then start to suffer from the bleeding effect as a side effect of using these devices?"

It would be cool if he started to see "ghosts" of altair's memories in constantinople, just like ezio did when he visited monterrigioni. Could even make for an interesting puzzle mechanic to find the other tombs entrances.

Scopeh.
Sorry mate looks like I started writing my comment before your edit :P

scope2005
05-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by SaltShakerz93:
I have a question...If for instance Altair did weild the shroud in his life...then can only and only Ezio see his memories being his descendent or can anyone who posesses it since its not your own DNA which is being taken into account. If so then these seals....If Ezio is using them then I believe only and only ezio can use them since he is a descendent of Altair.

It is still unclear if the shroud only shows the memories of the users ancestors, or if it also saves an imprint of thier memories to the shroud for future generations.

Niccolò di Pitigliano was in possession of the shroud when Francesco Vecellio attempted an assassination.

He used the shroud to try and heal his wounds, and saw figures standing around around him talking - we never find out who they are as Unfortunately for him, francesco pulled the shroud from his grasp before he could be fully healed.. and he died anyway.

Giovanni Borgia had the shroud used on him as a baby, as a side effect of the shroud he suffered from the bleeding effect, and spoke with a being only he could see - but as of yet we dont know if he was his ancestor or a past user of the POE.

I managed to get this from the wiki -

Giovanni Borgia suffered lasting effects from the Shroud. Though the artifact healed his defective body as a baby, throughout his childhood, he would have vivid dreams of the memories of his ancestors, such as his father and Marcus Junius Brutus. Additionally, he frequently spoke with a being no one else could see, one he called Consus. In his later life, he would become known among the other Assassins as one who "spoke" with Pieces of Eden, and was particularly receptive to their presence, leading to him being sent on a mission to identify and retrieve one such artifact in the New World.

SaltShakerz93
05-07-2011, 10:31 AM
About the Eagle claw/Hook thing. Look at this picture.
http://i55.tinypic.com/r1h2tv.jpg
Here the hook is under the blade itself and in my opinion is in its UNRELEASED state.In This image right here
http://i56.tinypic.com/25hpaa8.jpg
you can see that the blade is gone and the hook is now farther from the wrist. This looks to me like its RELEASED state. So the Hook has a separate release mechanism but uses the same slider. Apparently it also has its use reserved in combat. As previously beieved that it may be a projectable climbing helping tool or watevah...I think it unlikely. Thank You for reading my bull**** XD

SaltShakerz93
05-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by scope2005:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SaltShakerz93:

It is still unclear if the shroud only shows the memories of the users ancestors, or if it also saves an imprint of thier memories to the shroud for future generations.

Niccolò di Pitigliano was in possession of the shroud when Francesco Vecellio attempted an assassination.

He used the shroud to try and heal his wounds, and saw figures standing around around him talking - we never find out who they are as Unfortunately for him, francesco pulled the shroud from his grasp before he could be fully healed.. and he died anyway.

Giovanni Borgia had the shroud used on him as a baby, as a side effect of the shroud he suffered from the bleeding effect, and spoke with a being only he could see - but as of yet we dont know if he was his ancestor or a past user of the POE.

I managed to get this from the wiki -

Giovanni Borgia suffered lasting effects from the Shroud. Though the artifact healed his defective body as a baby, throughout his childhood, he would have vivid dreams of the memories of his ancestors, such as his father and Marcus Junius Brutus. Additionally, he frequently spoke with a being no one else could see, one he called Consus. In his later life, he would become known among the other Assassins as one who "spoke" with Pieces of Eden, and was particularly receptive to their presence, leading to him being sent on a mission to identify and retrieve one such artifact in the New World. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do you remember that only Desmond could see and hear Juno in the Colliseum at the end of ACB. I have 2 guesses....Either it was a bleeding effect and everything that desmond heard was actually told to Ezio to pass it onto Desmond just like at the end of AC-2 or it may have bin just some highly advanced holographic technology that works keeping DNA into account. It can't have anything to do with POE as desmond had never bin in contact with a POE before the events of ACB.

desmondsheir
05-07-2011, 11:29 AM
i don't know how the ubisoft teem will swing it maybe through flashbacks as an after affect of the animus or something but i think desmond will be the main playable character and we have the same basic assassins creed gameplay of building up his weapons whilst he has flashbacks of altair and ezio (as i said visions) aiding him in his search for the seal

wolf77412
05-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Hey scope 2005 I think that this black room not only is a place for finding his way back to consciousness but, maybe a way also to find subject 16. I don't know about you but I saw the truth and the very last words subject 16 said to desmond during the truth when he was standing PARALLEL from desmoned was I will always be with you desmond, find me, in the darkness.And scope very peculiar you mentioned that key. In the vault, the holding place for the apple of eden. If you turn on eagle vision and look at the platform you go one before the pegs arise you see a key like symbol. I don't know if its a coincidence but just saying you might be onto something

AMuppetMatt
05-10-2011, 02:35 PM
Just as a little aside to detract a little bit from the seriousness of the convo, how will the "black room" be introduced? I don't think we'll get any commentary from the outside world on this, maybe an oppertunity to get some Portal esq dark comedy with a little bit of Animus commentary? Would be another nice little layer to put in.

Scope you're definitely on to something, will be interesting to see how 16 IS integrated into things, and I'm 99% sure that it'll be through this black room...

wolf77412
05-12-2011, 03:55 PM
The Black room is said to be "behind the white room" where fragmented memories and thoughts are lost. You can only access it through the bleeding effect. So...

Sangine12
05-13-2011, 03:04 AM
I hope we get to see Jupiter.

rmeade
05-14-2011, 05:11 PM
you know what I kinda of felt it was fact they would bring Ezio back Desmond says in brotherhood I see Ezio he must have come back here when he was older he looked much older than he did throughout brotherhood...SO i thought maybe it was meant for a foreshadow or not idk but they can't really start assassins creed 3 until they end Desmond's escape from his coma sine his time with ezio is when he snapped I don't think Desmond is reliving the game play with ezio since he is trapped right? Another thing i bet is that the seals are what gave the animus its fundation? idk just a guess.

luckyto
06-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Has anyone put forth the idea that Subject 16 IS Desmond? Or that Desmond is dead and Subject 16 is playing as him?

This thread is interesting.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/3581089429 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3581089429)

kingmii
09-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by luckyto:
Has anyone put forth the idea that Subject 16 IS Desmond? Or that Desmond is dead and Subject 16 is playing as him?

This thread is interesting.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1069024/m/3581089429 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/3581089429)
Um what? sorry but that is silly

kingmii
09-24-2011, 08:17 PM
What does he mean when he says that she is not she is Eden find eve? (or whatever)and do you think Lucy survives? or is brought back to life with the i cant remember what its called but its a P.O.E that is associated with the Egyptian aristocracy