PDA

View Full Version : Proper use of the short sword

Vincentantonio
12-01-2007, 10:08 AM
While loading one of the hints I heard once was that the short sword is better when you are attacked by multiple enemies.

However in practice when I tried to use it I loose a lot of life bars very fast; I may be wrong but I had the feeling you have less defense and the blows enters a lot easily on you.

I found more effective the long sword; I just tried to use the short one from time to time to see the animations because they are also very cool.

But someone knows an advantage of the short sword part from using knifes? You have a particular strategy with this weapon?

deskpe
12-01-2007, 10:52 AM
switch btween attacing and blocking.... dont hit only one enemy till he dies, hit the ones that isnt paying attention, its the best wapon

Karl_93
12-01-2007, 11:03 AM
hey you might be worse with the short sword because the timing is different for combo kills. If you find that the "defense is worse" it might be because your using just counter kills. try switching around, grabs, combos, dodges, if your not already doing that. The pros of the short sword is that you attack quicker, making you able to finish battles quicker. Just get used to the different timing and both weapons should work just as well for you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Vincentantonio
12-01-2007, 11:28 AM
mmmmmm... thanks guys for your words I may conclude that long sword is better as a defensive weapon, short is better for offence.

I used to fight cautious in defense waiting them for making a mistake; and didn't attacked one when they were in great numbers or I usually ended in backstabbed; perhaps that's why the long sword worked better for me.

elvenmonkey13
12-01-2007, 11:40 AM
I prefer the short sword because it has my favorite counter attack...the one where altair knocks the guard to the ground and stabs them straight through the top of their head.

Matinho_007
12-01-2007, 04:28 PM
I love the short sword it is the best i love the move when altair knocks the guard to his knees then stabs him in the head while shattering his skull, so cool.

wepeel
12-01-2007, 04:31 PM
They play a bit differently, but what Karl_93 says is pretty much right. Personally I like them both, so I try to roleplay and use the sword outdoors when I have a lot of room, and the dagger in cramped city spaces where maneuvering is harder.