PDA

View Full Version : ACIII France anyone?



deutscherju2009
12-07-2010, 02:38 PM
Just think. I'm sure few of you are actually aware of the history of France but I know some basics and just from those basics I know it is amazing! France's history as well as major cities would make it a perfect setting for the next AC I think. Especially with the French Revolutoin. Kill some corrupt officials maybe? Kill cheating husbands or wives?

rileypoole1234
12-07-2010, 02:45 PM
France would be good and i'm pretty sure it's gonna be there, but I still wish they would make AC3 in London.

EmperorxZurg
12-07-2010, 04:25 PM
The funny thing is that I'm related to King Louis XIV, so I would probably have family portrayed as templars....sweeeeet XD

ninja_7_7
12-07-2010, 04:29 PM
I still and will always hate the French Revolution. I hope its not there.

EmperorxZurg
12-07-2010, 04:33 PM
but whyyy? you get to see people going crazy and turmoil happening at every corner! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Keksus
12-07-2010, 04:39 PM
No. Hell no. Ubisoft has to be stupid too use Assassins in the French revolution. This event is far to important for the whole history of europe. The democracy in europa just exists like we know it because of the french revolution. It would just be tasteless to say assassins did all this.

Also you would be forced to fight for the terror regime of Robespierre. I doubt that the assassins would defend christianity, which Robespierre wanted to see abolished during his regime, because christianity is linked to the templars in the AC universe.

They already went a dangerous way when they said the second world war and hitler was the plan of the templars. I mean: Over 6 millionen jews died because of this and they're just saying in their game "Yeah, it was because of the templars." Of course it's just a game, but you should really think about the things which really happened and the thing you should use for the story of your game.

I would say that they really shouldn't make an AC game in france during the french revolution.

Besides this there's a simple point related to the gameplay: It was a revolution. You could say there was war in the cities. This wasn't only about some politicians. This was about the people and the "bad" people who died weren't assassinated ... exept for one ... they were executed.

Also another point about the gameplay:


but whyyy? you get to see people going crazy and turmoil happening at every corner!

Wouldn't even be possible to add social stealth at all.

But well, my main points against this setting are written at the beginning of the post.

EmperorxZurg
12-07-2010, 04:47 PM
uhh...Keksus, you know Altair had a Christian father, right? The assassins are apathetic towards religion, as long as it does not take freedom from the people. Even in the project Legacy game, the assassin made sure not to spill blood in the Church to keep it clean for the people who still worship there.

also, I was kidding for that last post. Irony and stuff http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif how could anyone be socially stealthy in a chaotic environment?

Keksus
12-07-2010, 04:51 PM
As far as I know we killed a lot of christians in AC1 and AC2. And how would you use a guy who want's to abolish christianity in a game about bad templars and good assassins?

Also there is the point that a lot of innocent people were executed during that time. Over 800 every day ... in the name of the revolution. Yeah, great setting: Let's fight for the guys who kill ... sorry, I meant EXECUTE innocent people.

EmperorxZurg
12-07-2010, 04:58 PM
we killed a lot of people POSING as Christians. Remember how most of them said they never really believed? And were only in it for the power? Assassins have nothing against believing whatever you want. That's why they killed people posing as muslims too in AC1.

yeah, I know XD but again, I was being sarcastic. The Revolution isn't that great a time because of all the chaos and such. I will NOT accept feudal Japan though. never in a million years.

DarkicoN14
12-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
we killed a lot of people POSING as Christians. Remember how most of them said they never really believed? And were only in it for the power? Assassins have nothing against believing whatever you want. That's why they killed people posing as muslims too in AC1.

yeah, I know XD but again, I was being sarcastic. The Revolution isn't that great a time because of all the chaos and such. I will NOT accept feudal Japan though. never in a million years.

Whats wrong with japan?

Keksus
12-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Whats wrong with japan?

Maybe he expects the game would be like pokemon.

I never heard arguments why people don't want feudal japan only that hey "don't like it".

Don't know whats wrong with the setting though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...7b48&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgCwqSJ7b48&feature=related)

Reminds me: I wanted to import this game.

LadyGahan2010
12-07-2010, 07:16 PM
I also wouldn't get a feudal Japan game... Hey, I don't like that idea. (I hope I am allowed).
Why? The whole "ninja" business sounds very kiddie type. Samurai, huge pants, white face geishas (bleh), pagodas with those awful curved roofs... And then before I know all guys will be drooling thinking about anime girls Yuck.
Total seppuku.

X10J
12-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
The funny thing is that I'm related to King Louis XIV, so I would probably have family portrayed as templars....sweeeeet XD

Awesome.

^your concerns are valid, but if anyone could pull off a mature ninja game it'd by the AC Devs.

SWAThawktm
12-07-2010, 08:12 PM
OMG yes! exactly what i was thinking! set it during the frence revolution!

AC III:

main character: Jacques Jean Francois

memories & sequences: (wiki it!)
National Assembly & Tenis court outh
Storming of the Bastille
Women's March on Versailles -Role of women -
Revolution and the Church
Royal flight to Varennes
National Convention
Execution of Napoleon

villain: Louis XVI,(made up person incharge of the other two estates - stealth mission!), Napoleon Bonaparte(final boss & trader)

allies: Robespierre, Louis Antoine, Leon de Saint, Georges Jacques Danton <http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_were_the_main_leaders_of_the_French_Revolution>

!!!UBISOFT!!! Fix AC:Brotherhood AND MAKE THIS THE NEXT AC GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

L_SHunter
12-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Keksus:
No. Hell no. Ubisoft has to be stupid too use Assassins in the French revolution. This event is far to important for the whole history of europe. The democracy in europa just exists like we know it because of the french revolution. It would just be tasteless to say assassins did all this.

Also you would be forced to fight for the terror regime of Robespierre. I doubt that the assassins would defend christianity, which Robespierre wanted to see abolished during his regime, because christianity is linked to the templars in the AC universe.

They already went a dangerous way when they said the second world war and hitler was the plan of the templars. I mean: Over 6 millionen jews died because of this and they're just saying in their game "Yeah, it was because of the templars." Of course it's just a game, but you should really think about the things which really happened and the thing you should use for the story of your game.


Remember, it is just a game. If you possibly think this could be real or worried about how it is precevied as real then you, or said person should be in a hosbital not playing games.

If you are worried about offending people then you and/or the offended need to find somthing better to do. My wife is jewish and she laughed when they said the Holocaust was caused by the templars.

Sorry this had to be said people need to get less sensitive.

ddcowboys22
12-07-2010, 08:24 PM
Would there be an Eiffel Tower in this period? Id love to see France be in AC3. You could infiltrate opulent palaces filled with powdered wig wearing gentlemen and witness all the court intrigues and etc that goes on! The new assassin robe would be interesting to see too. But i did kind of want a darker theme for AC3. I fealt we had a cheery colorful AC2 now i want to see the darker side of the assassin life. Surely its not all chaseing women and becoming rich like Ezio? Some assassins probably were very solitary but just as deadly.

X10J
12-07-2010, 08:32 PM
no, I think.

EmperorxZurg
12-07-2010, 08:37 PM
Keksus, it's not that I just don't like it. The whole role of Feudal Japan that everyone wants is to be "the ninja." But the ninja in reality was a heartless thug for hire that would do the bidding of whoever had the bigger pocketbook since farming didn't get them enough money. They didn't even have a creedo, just get the job done, no matter what. They even killed civilians. I don't approve of such a period for an assassin in this game.

SAVMATIC
12-07-2010, 08:50 PM
ok, it WILL be in France during the revolution and everyone WILL like it. Thank god we have brilliant ubisoft devs making these decisions and not you guys. The time period is very rich with history and chaos and it will possibly be the most intense story yet. The level of knowledge in this thread right now is pathetic, and thats why im so thankful we have DEVS.
social stealth wont be possible? smh, this isnt even close to true so lets just trash that one. if you have a problem with the storyline here, go play another game. thats just your opinion pal, and no one really gives a ****. this game pushes some very radical ideas, so knowing that, if your someone who is sensistive and ignorant, why are you playing these games in the first place. go away. how are you acting like you already know how assassins would fit into the story and how things would work? you know nothing. again, thank god we have devs.

and again, I assure you that the French Revolution will be a more than satisfactory location for the next installment of this awesome series. I care about the series and wouldnt say that if i didnt think it was true. most people just dont know **** about the subject so they will talk **** til the day of release

X10J
12-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
Keksus, it's not that I just don't like it. The whole role of Feudal Japan that everyone wants is to be "the ninja." But the ninja in reality was a heartless thug for hire that would do the bidding of whoever had the bigger pocketbook since farming didn't get them enough money. They didn't even have a creedo, just get the job done, no matter what. They even killed civilians. I don't approve of such a period for an assassin in this game.

I was thinking it might be neat to fight the ninjas, not be one of them. Like the ninjas are the templar answer to the assassins.

EmperorxZurg
12-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
ok, it WILL be in France during the revolution and everyone WILL like it. Thank god we have brilliant ubisoft devs making these decisions and not you guys. The time period is very rich with history and chaos and it will possibly be the most intense story yet. The level of knowledge in this thread right now is pathetic, and thats why im so thankful we have DEVS.
social stealth wont be possible? smh, this isnt even close to true so lets just trash that one. if you have a problem with the storyline here, go play another game. thats just your opinion pal, and no one really gives a ****. this game pushes some very radical ideas, so knowing that, if your someone who is sensistive and ignorant, why are you playing these games in the first place. go away. how are you acting like you already know how assassins would fit into the story and how things would work? you know nothing. again, thank god we have devs.

and again, I assure you that the French Revolution will be a more than satisfactory location for the next installment of this awesome series. I care about the series and wouldnt say that if i didnt think it was true. most people just dont know **** about the subject so they will talk **** til the day of release

my, my, we have an internet tough guy here! Everything you said fits into what you were bashing. You don't know if it will be in the French Revolution, only the scriptwriters know as of now, so thank God we have devs and you're not making the decisions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif
And considering I've studied French history since I was 4, I think I can honestly say I'm not ignorant on the subject.

@XJ: if we HAD to play the Feudal Japan setting, I would much rather be the samurais and fight the ninjas. At least the Samurai had a code of honor to live by. It could be the one place that the assassin have taken over or something

X10J
12-07-2010, 09:54 PM
That's what I meant if we HAD to.

I think I heard somewhere(history channel maybe) that the samurai code of honor was written during the time of piece when the samurai were out of work.

They used to take heads to prove that they actualy did anything in battle.

Also: They're wasn't one group called the samurai, they were soldiers note on one side.

EmperorxZurg
12-07-2010, 11:00 PM
yeah, most of them served a ruling bushogun (or something like that, the Japanese equivalent of a Lord/lady) though. And ALL followed the strict code of morality set forward. So much so that they looked as if they were suicide happy.

zgubilici
12-07-2010, 11:04 PM
There has been extensive discussion in the forums about the ACIII subject, from location, to weapons, to ancestor identity and all possible details involving the end of the trilogy.
We have streamlined them in an AC3 and beyond thread (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/6831010868/p/21) that is already in its second installment.
Please use that thread from now on for all AC3 theories, this will help keep the forum free of too many threads on this same subject.

Thanks.