PDA

View Full Version : The "final" 4.09 will bring NO new planes

alert_1
03-14-2007, 07:25 AM
only Slovakia map? I heard from reliable sources (said on a public forum but I guess it wouldnt be good idea to disclosure teh source) that Oleg team has NO time to implement any new AC in 4.09 till SoW si out (end of 07).Probaly only Slovakia map will be included in 4.09...still dont kow if this info is true, maybe *somebody* shloud clear thing a bit...

msalama
03-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Reliable?

alert_1
03-14-2007, 07:51 AM
Reliable?
From one of plane modeler, he spoke personally with Oleg, but it's only ONE source, so I would appreciate some sort of confirmation of disclaimer..

JG53Frankyboy
03-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by alert_1:
..........I would appreciate some sort of confirmation ................

the next patch release will that be - in one way or the other..............

i would not expect any other "official" words.

JG52Uther
03-14-2007, 07:58 AM
They dont talk to us anymore,they are too busy.Just wait and see.

MEGILE
03-14-2007, 08:02 AM
Damnit when you noobs post misleading speculative thread titles like that, it makes me wanna go snap a biro or something.

ploughman
03-14-2007, 08:12 AM
All this work, work, work. It's getting in the way of me having a good time.

I_KG100_Prien
03-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Part of me says were that to be true, it would be a bummer, but then the other part of me says.. "Okay, so I'm going to have to "deal" with the insane amount of flyables we already have..."

We shall see.

msalama
03-14-2007, 08:40 AM
...so I would appreciate some sort of confirmation of disclaimer..

Hmmm... dunno, but sounds like the ol' rumour mill just grinding as usual to me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Now don't get me wrong. I'm definitely not here to dis your sources and / or information, but as you know there're always some WILD WILD stories circulating when a patch is due...

We'll see is MHO http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

horseback
03-14-2007, 11:29 AM
I just keep hoping they'll finally fix the doggone AI gunners to something like the realistic ranges and accuracy. I'm heartily sick of the fighter vs. bomber contest being stood on its head.

I could frankly give a rat's patoot about any new planes at this point, although a new map is always nice.

cheers

horseback

alert_1
03-14-2007, 11:34 AM
IMO, problem is taht Oleg is bound to finish SoW before end of 2007 and he has absolutely no time for anything more (excluding 3rd party map(s))
He "may" return to IL series (to include a few last planes) after SoW release.
Personaly, have no problem with it, but if it's true I like to hear that officialy, that's all folks..

LEBillfish
03-14-2007, 12:23 PM
We'll always want more, and I'd bet maddox games would love to give it....So I'm just grateful for what we get.......As to SOW and an IL2 patch after, that would be a terrible mistake as the point of making a new sim is to sell it, not have folks not buying it as they keep getting more free stuff for what they have...

So once SOW is near release, I'd not count on it/more from Maddox Games for IL2, nor should they...

ytareh
03-14-2007, 01:36 PM
Fact is that once BOB is released we will all drop this sim like a hot coal.So you can understand Oleg wanting to put max effort into BOB and his waning interest in this sim.Anybody who says that theyve no interest in the planeset of BOB and will keep flying IL2/FB 46 is surely fooling themself.Like, is anybody playing Rome Total War now that the graphically much better Medieval Total War 2 is out?

Old_Canuck
03-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by ytareh:
Fact is that once BOB is released we will all drop this sim like a hot coal....

Not me. When it's time to build a new computer for BoB, I might just delete everything but the IL2 series off this old 3.2 rig and paste IL2 screenshots all over the CPU case in fond memory ... and continued enjoyment. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Mysticpuma2003
03-14-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Old_Canuck:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ytareh:
Fact is that once BOB is released we will all drop this sim like a hot coal....

Not me. When it's time to build a new computer for BoB, I might just delete everything but the IL2 series off this old 3.2 rig and paste IL2 screenshots all over the CPU case in fond memory ... and continued enjoyment. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Without going off on a huge tangent, I will not be dumping IL2 when BoB comes out. I will buy it, and run it, but until the Bomber and USAAF add-ons come out (not even confirmed or mentioned), IL2 will be on my system for a long time.

BTW, if you set landscape perfect, and water 3,effects 2 and then go into your confi.ini file and set Forests to 3.....how good does this game look. Almosy BoB standards!

Now imagine that running on a new rig, really smoothly at these resolutions; 2560x1600,1920x1200 or higher when BoB comes out, and man this sim has ages left in it! Certainly me for me anyway, especially with so many campaigns and mission out there. I just wish in QMB you could set more planes to fight each other. Ah well.

IL2:1946....forever!

Cheers, MP.

TgD Thunderbolt56
03-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Yup...me too. I don't think there will be any Yak's, IL2's or Lavochkin's in SoW:BoB and there certainly won't be any P-47's or P-51's anytime soon after its release either.

I'll be around this sim for some time to come methinks.

TB

waffen-79
03-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by TgD Thunderbolt56:
Yup...me too. I don't think there will be any Yak's, IL2's or Lavochkin's in SoW:BoB and there certainly won't be any P-47's or P-51's anytime soon after its release either.

I'll be around this sim for some time to come methinks.

TB

Best post so far

English planes aren't my favorites and the 109E isn't my prefered typ of 109

Bearcat99
03-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Pffttt .. if no pklanes were ever added to this sim again.. even though I would love to see an Avenger if nothing else... it would still be the best WWII flight sim of the last ten years.

Originally posted by Mysticpuma2003:
Without going off on a huge tangent, I will not be dumping IL2 when BoB comes out. I will buy it, and run it, but until the Bomber and USAAF add-ons come out (not even confirmed or mentioned), IL2 will be on my system for a long time.

BTW, if you set landscape perfect, and water 3,effects 2 and then go into your confi.ini file and set Forests to 3.....how good does this game look. Almosy BoB standards!

Now imagine that running on a new rig, really smoothly at these resolutions; 2560x1600,1920x1200 or higher when BoB comes out, and man this sim has ages left in it! Certainly me for me anyway, especially with so many campaigns and mission out there. I just wish in QMB you could set more planes to fight each other. Ah well.
IL2:1946....forever!
Cheers, MP.

Between the Uber Quick Mission Generator (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=367) and
Mission Mate (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=8) that is not a problem. Toss in Sturmoviser (http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1171) (Which I have yet to use but even if it does half of what it is supposed to it will rock the house), this sim has at least another 3-5 years in it.

Biggles2111
03-14-2007, 02:21 PM
[QUOTE]

QUOTE]

Agree. On my newish SLI Rig the graphics seem as good as some of those posted showing BOB.

XyZspineZyX
03-14-2007, 03:00 PM
We will see what the final patch brings. Personally I can't see it just being one map. Why bother?

ploughman
03-14-2007, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Biggles2111:
[QUOTE]

QUOTE]

Agree. On my newish SLI Rig the graphics seem as good as some of those posted showing BOB.

Let's wait and see. Frankly, if this game doesn't blow our collective socks off when I'm released I'm going to be suprised.

-HH- Beebop
03-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Fact is that once BOB is released we will all drop this sim like a hot coal.So you can understand Oleg wanting to put max effort into BOB and his waning interest in this sim.Anybody who says that theyve no interest in the planeset of BOB and will keep flying IL2/FB 46 is surely fooling themself.Like, is anybody playing Rome Total War now that the graphically much better Medieval Total War 2 is out?
You are mixing apples and oranges here. FPS/RTS games are not at all the same as a simulation.

IL2/FB/PF is SOOO much better than European Air War but there are still lots of folks playing EAW.
Falcon 4.0/whatever the current version is, is an extrememly popular sim even though it's original engine is ancient by todays standards.

So why do people still fly them? The gameplay is good and in the case of the two mentioned above, there have been plenty of 3rd Party additions to the original game.
IIRC Oleg said that he will approve some 3rd Party additions to this game. But with all the missions, campaigns and skins still being made it's not likely that everyone will "...drop the game like a hot coal."
As in the posts above, for many folks it will be a matter of having a beefy enough computer to run BoB at acceptable levels. We are spoiled with the downright gorgeous graphics most of us can realize. And as others have posted, it will be awhile for your favorite plane to get added to SoW but since it's available now in FB/PF this game remains viable.
I kept EAW on my computer even after I had the original IL2 Sturmovik as there were senarios that I couldn't do in IL2. But when FB came out EAW was off the drive and now resides in a place of honor as a rememberance of a great game that got me immersed in flight simming. And until SoW reaches the "Forgotten Battles" level of content I'd be willing to bet that lot's of us, me included, will keep FB/PF on the hard drive and fly it often.

Gibbage1
03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
It would be a sad loss of work. The CW-21B was my best work for IL2, and to never have it see the sky's would be sad for me. Maybe Oleg would give me permission to convert it to MSFS or something. The only problem is I dont have the cockpit model. That was done by another modeler and sent into Oleg.

msalama
03-14-2007, 05:16 PM
That was done by another modeler and sent into Oleg.

Ask for his / her contact info from 1C and maybe you guys can sort it out? And oh yeah, I don't think you _need_ Oleg's permission if you want to release it for MSFS! It's your work and thus copyrighted to you, isn't it?

Zeus-cat
03-14-2007, 05:51 PM
I will be playing this game for years to come even if all we get from now on is the Slovakia map (like Bearcat though, the one plane I would love to see is teh Avenger).

Anyway, the level of stuff in this game is simply outstanding. It will take years for any other sim, BoB included, to get to a level anywhere near this one.

Monterey13
03-14-2007, 08:54 PM
I will continue to play this for quite some time. I am happy with it.

The thing I notice about some in here is that they are never happy, and always want more. If a new patch comes out, then within a few hours you are seeing posts in here wondering when the next patch will be. It is never ending. Some people are just never going to be satisfied.

For now, I could care less about BoB. It'll come out when it comes out. In the meantime, I have a great flight sim to play.

Gibbage1
03-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by msalama:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">That was done by another modeler and sent into Oleg.

Ask for his / her contact info from 1C and maybe you guys can sort it out? And oh yeah, I don't think you _need_ Oleg's permission if you want to release it for MSFS! It's your work and thus copyrighted to you, isn't it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sold the model too Luthier for PF. I dont think its up too Oleg at all. As a freelance modeler, I cant just go using models that I sold! Thats bad for biz. We will see. I hate to see a model go too waist.

Feathered_IV
03-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Fingers crossed. The CW-21 is the one thing I'm hoping for to round out the sim.

msalama
03-15-2007, 01:15 AM
I sold the model too Luthier for PF.

OK, that makes a difference. A bloody shame nevertheless to see a good model go to waste http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

But how about licensing them out from now on instead of selling them, BTW? That way you'd - to my understanding - retain a right to do with the originals as you please. Just a thought though, or in other words I'm not saying I know your business better than you do or anything like that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

GIAP.Shura
03-15-2007, 01:38 AM

No, but a lot of people are playing the graphically inferior Medieval Total War because it has better AI and better modability. Or to use a more appropriate comparison, there are a lot of people who play Falcon 4, a game which is 9 years old, in preference to LOMAC. Similarly, I'm sure there are a few people here who play IL2 on lower graphic settings than they could in order to get better playability. Still, if certain IL2 gameplay issues are resolved by SoW I think there is more than a grain of truth in what you say.

Termitedelight
03-15-2007, 02:14 AM
It would be nice to see the P-61 Blackwidow and maybe the Bearcat. I can name a few more but I don't want to be greedy.

Antoninus
03-15-2007, 03:51 AM
I still play Rome (with mods) instead of M:TW2 and Il-2 was and is a great sim, but there is no point to continue development and support ad infinitum. The engine without doubt has it's flaws and it is over 5 years old now. If only half of the made promises come true with BOB the point where all work on Il-2 engine is stopped should be rather sooner than later.

They could easily double the number of flyables or maps to "complete" Il-2, but there would still be no moving carriers on dogfight maps. I strongly prefer to have the new engine more quickly; with real wind and weather, an altitude model that does not stop at 10.000m, better DM, especially for ships or an improved campaign engine instead of the 300 plane for Il-2 that suffers from the same deficits as the 230 we already have in game.

Breeze147
03-15-2007, 06:20 AM
When will the Korean War add-on be coming out? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

blairgowrie
03-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Probably makes sense that there will not be any new aircraft in the final patch. If there were any modeling issues found after the release, there would have to be another final, final patch.

Aeronautico
03-15-2007, 08:26 AM
I still play RTW (with mods) while I have M2TW, too. The latter is awesome but I prefer the former for what the historical period is concerned. Same could happen with SoW:BoB until new theatres are available. I foresee both of them being installed and played at the same time.

EctoGamma
03-15-2007, 09:49 AM
While it would be great to get even more aircraft, to be honest we have tons and I think they have been very good to us so far.

tagTaken2
03-15-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Breeze147:
When will the Korean War add-on be coming out? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

Excellent question.

For me, the Il-2 series will die the moment we have BoB with workable 6dof. If I can see over the hood, you're toast. Sounds are the next on the list.

WWSpinDry
03-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Some of us in my squad have no interest whatever in BoB. That may change some day in the future when/if it expands to cover the full war, but until then--no thanks. Some of us still fly Red Baron 3D, for that matter, for the same reason: it's a better overall sim than the alternatives, the eye candy is a big so-what?

-HH- Beebop
03-15-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Aeronautico:
... I foresee both of them being installed and played at the same time.
Ah, a man with dual montitors for his dual cores. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif But...does he have dual hands for his dual keyboards? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

StellarRat
03-15-2007, 02:00 PM
Who cares? The only major planes we are missing are a full cockpit US Torpedo Bomber and some full cockpit US or UK heavy bombers. UBI/Oleg have been unable or unwilling to give these planes for over four years now. Another bizarre version of some relatively unknown fighter that they made 2 copies of is hardly what this game needs.

horseback
03-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Actually, we are missing a number of significant aircraft besides the carrier torpedo bombers and the heavies:

Typhoon
a 'roundtailed' Spitfire Mk IXc
Spitfire MkXIVc/e
the real F6F-5
Hs-123
SB2C Helldiver
Ki-44 Tojo
Hawk 75/P-36 in all it's glorious varieties.
CW-21
Oh, and what the hell, I'd personally like to see a flyable P-35 and P-43

But I'm not holding my breath. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

cheers

horseback

FE_pilot
03-15-2007, 04:02 PM
I would love a Helldiver as a flyable or even AI.

Monty_Thrud
03-15-2007, 04:23 PM
If we get the Slovakia map and the Malta map and of course the AI sorted, i will be happy as Larry.

the AI is paramount...everything else is a great bonus.

Inadaze
03-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Monty_Thrud:
the AI is paramount...everything else is a great bonus.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

knightflyte
03-15-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm at the point with "IL-2 '46" AI that I will be paying SERIOUS attention to BoB's AI.

It will really irk me if the trucks have working suspension and the AI will still suck.

I love this game, but the affection is fast waning.

Maybe I just need a break. It's no fun anymore.

Old_Canuck
03-16-2007, 12:10 AM
If IL2 had a flyable B-24, I'd beg Leadspitter to paint peace signs all over it. But you'd all shoot it down anyways.

WWSpinDry
03-16-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm still a wee bummed at no 'Vader, but the Boston helps make up for it a little bit.

GerritJ9
03-17-2007, 07:03 AM
I'm not sure about a Malta map in the pipeline, but apart from the Slovakia map there also is a Bessarabia map in progress.

jermin122
03-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by blairgowrie:
Probably makes sense that there will not be any new aircraft in the final patch. If there were any modeling issues found after the release, there would have to be another final, final patch.

Agree!

EiZ0N
03-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Obviously the more planes the better, but what we have now is amazing and it wouldn't be the end of the world if there were no more planes.

I'd rather they spent their energy converting planes over to BOB :P

Bandit.426Cdn
03-17-2007, 08:25 PM
I certainly won't be "dropping the game like a hot coal".. It's taken me 3+ years to gather together all the gaming components specific to IL2 and flight simulators in general - I've only just gotten the last bit of hardware that should keep me happy for a while - and with SoW still on the distant horizon, i also upgraded my IL2 game computer completely this past February so that i may finally 'max out' IL2 - It likely will be in service for 2+ years before I can enter the upgrade cycle again, so from a hardware point of view, IL2 is it for the foreseeable future in terms of affordability.

I am still exploring and enjoying the variety of IL2's large plane-set, despite some of the glaring gaps in it. The various utilities available from third parties really expand it's versatility as a game, in enjoyment, and lifespan on my HD.

It's not like SoW will be filling those gaps initially either, it'll be quite a long period of time before SoW matures to the point where it'll have a varied planeset that won't bore me and it'll become more attractive to buy into it.

My $.02..