PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My TrackIR5 is on the fritz!

Superjew1
06-28-2009, 02:02 PM
I dont get it, I just got the thing, but today it went on the fritz. I tried everything, restarting the pc, uninstalling the program then reinstalling it, no matter what I do, the track IR thing will jump around constantly without any rhyme or reason no matter where I put my head/camera and it wont even respond anymore to me pressing f12 to center it. Im not sure whats wrong, can anyone help me?

One thing I noticed that shows me its acting weird is instead of the green LED staying on ALL the time, it flashes and when it flashes it screws up where Im staring at.

UgoRipley
06-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Did you try switching off the lights in your room ?
Do you have TrackClipPro (the headset clip thingy), or just a baseball-hat ?

Post your problem here, they're more than willing to help.
http://forum.naturalpoint.com/...list&Board=60&page=1 (http://forum.naturalpoint.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=postlist&Board=60&page=1)

Superjew1
06-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Its a trackclippro Tried turning off the lights, did not seem to help at all.

Blindman-
06-28-2009, 02:32 PM
I recommend that you go to View, then Tracking and look to see if only 3 lights (your reflectors) show up. If there are other sources of IR in the room it will detect them and help you to eliminate them.

Good luck Superjew1.

Falcke
06-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Make sure that under 'Tracking target', you select trackclip pro.

Superjew1
06-28-2009, 04:53 PM
I think, Im not sure how, but my reflectors were falling out of the feild of view for the camera, so I raised my seat a bit, tilted the camera downward and it hasnt given me a problem since.

Oh and I put it in a different USB port.

SeaFireLIV
06-28-2009, 04:56 PM
There, no panic. The TIR can simply move a little\be hit by too many light sources, your headtracker is off or even just need the program restarting and sometimes lose effective tracking.

Chivas
06-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Now that you have your Track IR seeing the three LED's, make sure the three LED lights are in the middle of the test screen. This will give your head more room to move without the Track IR losing track momentarily.

brp51d
06-29-2009, 07:58 AM
These are all good suggestions and anyone could solve the problem. One other possibility. How is your Track IR connected? I have found that for most reliable operation it shoulfd be plugged into a usb port on the motherboard. A powered hub is likely ok but an unpowered hub or usb port on a monitor might not supply enough power. I had this problem with symptoms like you described. My TR 5 was originally plugged into a usb port on my monitor. Problem was solved by connecting directly to motherboard usb port.

Ritter_Cuda
06-29-2009, 08:09 AM
power hub seem to mess up mine. so I go with the MB connection