PDA

View Full Version : UBI, Goliath, Council ETC

O_SHOGTUK_O
03-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Why must you continue to do this with the R6 series?

Originally these games were made by people who knew what made a good/realistic game. Now, business men in suits are giving in to the loud mouth, spoilt customers who by no means represent the majority of the R6 fans.

Let me put it in metaphor format http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif

People say you must be cruel to be kind. This is true in many ways. A child wants to eat sweets and watch cartoons all day long but this will result in a lazy fat child. To ensure your child is mature and healthy, you must prevent them from doing certain things they want to do. They will realise that you made the right decision later on in life, especially when they see children who are given everything they want. Reality is not fair, lovely or 'gimmicky'. Your probably wondering where i am going with this...

Raven shield was the 'strict' but wise parent. It did not give in to the childish requests from those who do not know true life (or in this case: true combat). It is a game that requires practise/improvement of skills and has a lot of room for improvement. It is a game that follows true weapon ballistics and physics more accurately than any other game i have played. FMJ bullets penetrated people and hit people/windows behind them, this did not even happen in lockdown...

I dont know anything about game making or programming but i would logically attempt a guess about how shooting/hitting/physics work. I am saying i dont know so please dont flame me for being wrong. With many arcadish games (BF2 etc and console games), it seems as though everything is programmed. This means nothing can really happen that has not been programmed to happen that way. Raven shield strikes me as a game where they: created the world/phsyics/ballistics etc and left it at that. This then allows players to play exactly how they want. Grenades do not bounce stupidly far off walls. If you fire a bullet, the bullet actually flies through the air so if you put your sight on a moving target you will not hit it. A knowledge of real life ballistics comes in handy with a game like this. In lockdown its like: getting a headshot is programmed so even if your put the sight on the head of a moving target, you will get it. Its like once u press 'fire' with the sight on a head, the computer goes 'BING' headshot activated! Raven shield creates the world with realistic physics then leaves the rest to u. A head shot on a moving targets is something rarely achieved.

Devs (or the people that pull their strings) now give in to the moany, lazy gamers. This is the real reason our game is getting so poor. Let me say, since i have got back online after not having internet for two years, i have been playing RVS. The majority of the people in the servers dont really voice their opinions on these forums. Many player who cannot be bothered to better their tacitcs and skills, complain about games (many complained about RVS being complicated but compared to real life, it is simple/in my opinion close to the perfect balance of reality and gaming). Some devs unfortunately do not like hearing all the flaming so give in to the screaming children. The RVS 'playing' community is still huge, does this not say something?

Basically, the spoilt brats who complain spoil things for the majority. The devs think of these as representing the community but this is far from true. Like i have said, barely any gamers i find in competetive (uk and european) 'adversarial' servers come on these forums. These are the people who lose out.

I am bablling on here so i will stop...
UBI please please stop doing this. I know the kids scream but do not give in to them, they will buy the game either way (the screaming is an attempt/bluff to get their way.

Devs, Pleae PM me. I would be very glad to help with the future of this series. I do not have a big online CV like those selected for the council but believe me when i say i know exactly where you have gone right and exactly where you have gone wrong.

Damn i talked a lot... sorry if you got this far http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sleepzzz.gif

fires2006
03-16-2006, 02:36 AM
Imparfait chill out dude. You're over-reacting. This is a game forum its not like hes trying to end world hunger or stop the war in Iraq. Hes simply expressing an opinion for what ever its worth, flawed or not. So relax.

Deosl
03-16-2006, 03:21 AM
If you want to help out here it will help if you post your ideas directly on the forums, instead of 'forcing' the devs. to PM you.

Believing is seeing on an internet forum atleast...

O_SHOGTUK_O
03-16-2006, 07:18 AM
I have to many ideas to post (plus any old person could use em ie. another company)

You get auto kicked? i dont know any gamers (apart from people with poor pc's or people who join servers in far away lands) that that happens to. You have just had bad experiences so you cannot blame the game for that. Plus punkbuster is not the game. stop being so childish and why the hell did you overreact like that? Ever heard of sticks and stones? grow up...

Quote:
Ravenshield for many reasons is NOT the game we want reproduced.
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024...24/showpollresults/Y (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/8321083124/showpollresults/Y)

Who is we? obviously you... Bugs? what bugs? Playing in a compatible server with a good pc, i have no bugs at all. I rarely get a frag bug and when i do its because i go into a bad server in europe (i never ever get bugs in UK servers). The problem is: people base their opinions off cicrcumstantial problems (ie. a bad server or a server that they get owned in). This is not a game. A game is its potential in the optimum environment (bandwith etc).

Me saying i know where they have gone wrong is not a belief. I do know exactly where they have gone right and wrong. If i have to say i know better than the 'quote: online parasites' (words which i would never use), then so be it. Judging by the lack of knowledge of combat realism balanced with enjoyable gameplay and also the real reason a company such as UBI make games (business/money), not many actually give realistic ideas. Many people who give ideas are too unrealistic. Though many have good ones and are very much to the point (ted smith, kun fu, subzero just to name a few).

O_SHOGTUK_O
03-16-2006, 07:50 AM
PS. You spoke of democracy. A democracy is merely a word. A word to give people illusions of control (bit simaller to these forums considering our feedback is almost worthless). Politics and democracy are just the science of control. Unfortunately, shepards are needed to leed the sheep. The leaders of countries do exactly what they want, they make people believe they have a say in order to have an easier life. Democracy? American ellection? You live in Canada, surely you know.

'If people believe they are free, they will not feel the need to fight for freedom'

Woosy
03-16-2006, 08:31 AM
Well I don't know who you have been talking to Imparfait, but alot of people want a reproduced Raven Shield do you know why? One because it has everything the series has, and evolved the series kept planning mutiple teams included FPWV etc...

What alot of people I've talked to want the game to be improved in certain areas because there are flaws, by having better grahics a more robust server support, random spawns, no running and gunning real to life CQB tactics etc.. Yes we know RVS has bugs and flaws, every game has, a lesson in life is to live and learn, and know better next time.

I would want that and built from ground up, I don't know what you're on about with the american attitude, so what if america is the biggest market? You still got to make a game that appeals to the greater good, and people have spoken out saying they want the old rainbow six. I have said it so many times on this messageboard I think I need a neumatic drill to get through somtimes... but the fact is when a game is working and is appealing on console, PC format you don't change the core gameplay ever!

You listern to the community and see what they want changed, many wanted random spawns and no run and gun, so what you do you take the core gameplay and game foundation from the previous working game, build it up from scratch and improve on what didn't work, this is called logic they did it with SCCT. To not do this, will create failures like Lockdown where by they didn't include what was from the previous game, there was no real improvement in the gameplay and it alienates.

I don't totaly agreee with the OP but he has an opinion, and if you didn't like or agree with there isn't a need to come down and wack it without no actual backup. I see tons of threads asking for RVS2, so I say practice what you preach and stop trolling and baiting.

Brettzies
03-16-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Woosy:
Well I don't know who you have been talking to Imparfait, but alot of people want a reproduced Raven Shield do you know why? One because it has everything the series has, and evolved the series kept planning mutiple teams included FPWV etc..
I agree, and further, I think this was their best attempt at "appealing to a wider audience," and it worked. Most hardcore R6 vets consider RS to be the hayday, and maybe it is. However, RvS kept enough of the old school and put in enough to keep "new" player's happy. FPWV and eye candy really is what attracts new players.

It may not be perfect, but I think it struck a good balance in terms of appeal, especially when they converted it for the console side. Unfortunately, they went too far with Lockdown and hence we are in in our current situation of re-evaluting what worked and what didn't. Instead of being an improvement on the series for both console and PC, Lockdown was more of a step back. Ah well, hopefully they will get better.

O_SHOGTUK_O
03-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Agreed with both posters. Let me just say incase i have not: i do not believe RVS to be perfectly real or prefect gameplay but it is very close. Really all perfection is, is something that does its job fine and has no problems (perfect is not 'amazingly brilliant' like some people think). Perfect is just what you need, nothing more, nothing less. RVS is a good balance between realism and gameplay. 'if it aint broke, dont fix it' as a forum member's sig says. All i would ask for is improvements on features (weapons, maps, player movements/abilities ie. prone rolling, dropping to the floor, crouch rolling etc etc and any other features that are not far fetched or realistic), physics, graphics and general gameplay.

The game has kept people playing the same old maps for such a suprisingly long time, they must have done something right.