PDA

View Full Version : Why do we have to pay an extra 5 for this stuff?

DazedUp
10-22-2011, 01:11 AM
I don't get it. If you preorder from game.co.uk (the leading game selling website in the UK)

To get the signature edition ( which is by it's content weaker from the US sig. edition ) you have to pay an extra 5 to get: Exclusive box art, singleplayer soundtrack ( available at youtube day 1)
Ezio's ultimate armor, the 2 exclusive multiplayer characters. We don't even get the Ember's Anime and we have to pay an extra 5 for this virtual stuff while when you preorder from gamestop you get all this for free?

Every other game has been kind enough to give you all of this content free for pre-ordering, so why not ACR? ( Saint's row the Third, Battlefield 3, NFS: the run, Uncharted 3 etc. )

I've also noticed some other complaints from people over other editions, but if the content is VIRTUAL, why the Locationism http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

SleezeRocker
10-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Well I honestly can tell you myself why it's 5 pounds more more but..kind of sounds like a small price to get at least 'some' extra stuff, netter than nothing..if you ask me.

plus we North americans don't really get it free, we still pay tax :P

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 01:22 AM
gamestation are doing the us pack all in for 50

embers
soundtrack
vlad map
armour etc.

Moultonborough
10-22-2011, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
Well I honestly can tell you myself why it's 5 pounds more more but..kind of sounds like a small price to get at least 'some' extra stuff, netter than nothing..if you ask me.

Not in my state. No sales Tax, I love it. But really 5 does not seem that bad a increase.

DazedUp
10-22-2011, 01:29 AM
It does to me when almost every other game on the market is giving this out for free and we have to pay 5 for some singleplayer armor and 2 multiplayer characters.

I bought the cheaper version, since I actually live in Europe so i have to pay for shipping etc.

SleezeRocker
10-22-2011, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by DazedUp:
It does to me when almost every other game on the market is giving this out for free and we have to pay 5 for some singleplayer armor and 2 multiplayer characters.

I bought the cheaper version, since I actually live in Europe so i have to pay for shipping etc.

Least you get two, in America we have to choose Jester, Crusader or Dr (PC), unless we want Jester and crusade, gotta pay 60$ for another copy.

@moulton ah you must live in wyoming is it?

Moultonborough
10-22-2011, 01:39 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DazedUp:

Least you get two, in America we have to choose Jester, Crusader or Dr (PC), unless we want Jester and crusade, gotta pay 60$ for another copy.

@moulton ah you must live in wyoming is it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

New Hampshire actually. This is off topic but no seat belt law, helmet law, and no food tax in stores or income tax. But anyway, 5 may be a lot to some people but at least it is not as much the the Animus Edition.

hrhtom
10-22-2011, 01:42 AM
god thats tough

i think i would have to pick the crusader for the historic value

though the jester has got a badass hat ....

DazedUp
10-22-2011, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by hrhtom:
god thats tough

i think i would have to pick the crusader for the historic value

though the jester has got a badass hat ....
Jester for sure. If I did have that extra money for the Sig. Edition when I preordered, once i get the game I would only play with jester.

kriegerdesgottes
10-22-2011, 01:52 AM
I wouldn't say the U.S. edition is better than that. The only thing I want from the signature edition is the Vlad the impaler mission and I guess I am sold now on wanting Embers. At least you guys get a choice in what edition of the game you get. We actually aren't even really getting one this time. We just get pre-order bonuses.

SleezeRocker
10-22-2011, 01:57 AM
@Moulton ah I see!

@Krieger Yeah least elsewhere they get more tsuff and even Canada can get the AC Bible.

oh well for me the sig edition was already worth it for the osundtrack (I love me some instrumental music) and the Vlad level+sword. ammo+ i can live w/o and Jester, eh just a bonus, hope he has good custom stuff, at least we get more in this preorder than ACB's standard preorder (just harlequin)

crash3
10-22-2011, 05:29 AM
theres no point in pre-ordering, all dlc is released anyway round about february, not sure why someone would pay extra for an art book or some kind of special casing

LightRey
10-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
theres no point in pre-ordering, all dlc is released anyway round about february, not sure why someone would pay extra for an art book or some kind of special casing
The DLC will cost money too, y'know.

crash3
10-22-2011, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
The DLC will cost money too, y'know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know im just sayin theres no point in pre-ordering to get part of the dlc when you can just download the whole lot from psn for a tiny bit extra

LightRey
10-22-2011, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crash3:
The DLC will cost money too, y'know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i know im just sayin theres no point in pre-ordering to get part of the dlc when you can just download the whole lot from psn for a tiny bit extra </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You'll get it sooner. That's kinda the point of it all. Besides, with the Animus Edition you also get things like the Encyclopedia, not just artwork.

thekarlone
10-22-2011, 07:20 AM
Here in Spain there's a special case: the Game's Special Edition is cheaper than Normal Edition (althought both are expensive).

Normal Edition: 66,95
Special Edition (Game): 64,95
Collector Edition: 76,95
Animus Edition: 100,95 (UbiShop) or 99,98 (GameStop).

Jexx21
10-22-2011, 07:30 AM
Embers isn't an Anime...

why the hell do people call it an Anime? Anime looks entirely different.

Anyway, people in the US who don't want to buy from GameStop don't really get anything at all, so :/

Biomedical-Fire
10-22-2011, 07:33 AM
I would've liked to of had the Ultimate Edition that Canada gotfor ACR instead of the toys from Necca. It seems lately that North America has been forgotten by games companies when it comes to CE's. I'm hoping that this will all change soon because I am currently working on an online petition that will hopefully change things. After I'm finished with it, I'm going to notify Kotaku, IGN and other gaming news website's about it and hopefully get enough exposure to get many signatures and make Publishers and Developers take notice that we gamers the world over all want the same.treatment when it comes to releasing Collectors Editions.

LightRey
10-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Embers isn't an Anime...

why the hell do people call it an Anime? Anime looks entirely different.

Anyway, people in the US who don't want to buy from GameStop don't really get anything at all, so :/
Huh, yeah. Anime is completely different.

BK-110
10-22-2011, 08:20 AM

Here in Denmark 25% of the price is VAT, our console games normally cost between 500-550 DKK, which is somewhere between 90 and 100 USD. As for the Animus Edition, I think it costs about 140 USD here...

Chronomancy
10-22-2011, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Biomedical-Fire:
I would've liked to of had the Ultimate Edition that Canada gotfor ACR instead of the toys from Necca. It seems lately that North America has been forgotten by games companies when it comes to CE's. I'm hoping that this will all change soon because I am currently working on an online petition that will hopefully change things. After I'm finished with it, I'm going to notify Kotaku, IGN and other gaming news website's about it and hopefully get enough exposure to get many signatures and make Publishers and Developers take notice that we gamers the world over all want the same.treatment when it comes to releasing Collectors Editions.

North America is not the only country which is suffering from missing out on CE etc.

I doubt IGN and many other popular gaming websites will care to be completely honest unfortunately.

Don't take ^ as a personal attack.

Biomedical-Fire
10-22-2011, 10:49 AM
Oh no, no offence taken. IGN was actually the reason why that I'm doing one. They ran a story about an online petition that was circulated back in 2007 when gamers asked 2K & Irrational Games for an Bioshock CE and it was an success. They were told by both companies that if they collected 5,000 signatures they would do one, after the exposure by IGN, they got 20,292 signatures. So it was because of IGN that I am doing this.

Calvarok
10-22-2011, 06:24 PM
Because that's the deal that game.co.uk went with. End of story.

Krayus Korianis
10-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Lol. All the UK gets with their "special edition" is the Ezio Ultimate Armor... No Embers, No Vlad mission, and only two MP Chars.