PDA

View Full Version : The point of leaving the Animus.

TheMusingMoose
11-24-2010, 09:38 PM
What is the point of being able to leave the animus. Besides talking and reading e-mail, and finding the stupid artifacts. One of the artifacts is the Medici cape! <spoiler alert> How does fabric last that long, and why does Desmond care? No one else seems to notice that you've collected them. Also, why on earth does Desmond have a hidden blade. He doesn't need one. After all, Desmond is invincible, so he could just beat Abstergo down with his fists! And there is never ANYONE to kill while outside the Animus.

So my point is, why did they waste time making a vestigial feature, when they could have been doing something more worthwhile, like making the campaign longer?

Caligula__
11-24-2010, 09:40 PM
[SPOILERS]
you're meant to post the spoiler BEFORE you actually reveal it, I didn't know the Medici Cape was one of the artifacts
[SPOILERS]

TheMusingMoose
11-24-2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry, I didn't think it mattered, considering it has absolutely no relevance to anything in the plot.

P.S. I also knew that you were supposed to post the spoiler first.

Nadaclos
11-25-2010, 12:13 AM
You get 1 archievement to find the first artifact, but more like that i dont know..i mean there is no reward (so far), no answer from Lucy or the others, no nothing, i just like the items mean to do something, but Ubi forgot to put "that something" in the game.

DecanDK
11-25-2010, 12:29 AM
Well, unlike the AC1 and AC2,
i use the (Leave Animus) to save my game. "Xbox 360"
In AC2 you/i had to visit a shop or something like that,
to make sure the (Saving) logo just ran,
to make 100% sure the game was saved.
This way, i start exactly the same spot when i play again, as when i left the game.
Other then that,
i don't think it has a bigger purpose then the artifact hunt.

Chariflame
11-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Mainly for people who want to see more depth to the behind-the-scenes story and want to see some character development from the modern Assassins. So yeah, no real point apart from grabbing some achievements, unless you actually care about the main plotline.