PDA

View Full Version : the damage model in 4.0 & 4.01

CKY_86
07-03-2005, 05:03 AM
hi all

do you think the damage model has changed at all since 4.0 & 4.01?

i ask this as i was online & noticed that i found it very easy to get a kill with MG.

2 examples. the first, i was in a tomahawk 1 & came onto a oscar's 6 gave a quick burst & his left leading edge was flaming.

second example, again in the same plane i swooped down on a russian bomber (DB something) from his 8 o clock high, gave another burst & his right wing came clean off.

so has the damage modl changed? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2005, 05:11 AM
Hello,

Yes, the DM has changed and it is more realistic or not?

Have a nice day.

Sensei

HoneySeeker
07-03-2005, 10:11 AM
From what I've read - with a few notable exceptions aircraft damage models weren't touched, but weapon effectiveness has been bumped up slightly (except for the default MG151/20 loading, which gained the MG shells it previously lacked). Don't forget that, in the Tomahawk, you are hitting with two .50 and four .303 (or .30) inch calibre machine guns; which is going to put some hurt on lightly-armoured aircraft like the Ki-43 and DB-3.

Added to that, one would expect the DB-3 to have a fairly simple damage model anyway, as it's an early-game AI-only aircraft.

VW-IceFire
07-03-2005, 03:01 PM
I think the .50cal got more API rounds thus the Japanese planes light up faster.

Platypus_1.JaVA
07-03-2005, 04:02 PM
9 out of 10 times, my RPM regulator (or something) gets wrecked when attacking bombers with the Hurricane. Making the RPM's skyrocketing.