PDA

View Full Version : Some more thoughts on possible AC3 settings...

FatRascal
12-08-2009, 01:23 PM
In the last couple of days I've seen a couple of things which have prompted some more thoughts about possible future directions for AC3.

1) A trailer for that new "Saboteur" game.

It looks bit like a slightly low-rent version of an Assassin's Creed game with a WW2 setting and some (almost certainly slightly shonky) racing sub-games. I noticed stealth kills, climbing buildings (I think it was Notre Dame in Paris) and one or two other AC-like features.

This made me think that Ubi should steer well clear of WW2 for AC3. Either because Pandemic have already "been there, done that" with Saboteur and if it's good, then fair play to them. If it's cr@p though, then it could deter people from getting behind a WW2-themed AC game.

2) A trailer for the forthcoming Sherlock Holmes film directed by Guy Ritchie and starring Robert Downey Junior as Holmes. From the trailer, this looked to strike almost the EXACT sort of look and feel that I'd love to see in an AC game set in Victorian London (or at least part of AC3 perhaps).

I'm sure the Sherlock Holmes stuff will be on Youtube somewhere if you want to have a look.

Sep.

caswallawn_2k7
12-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Victorian London would be a good setting and it is a massive city (even back then) but the other advantage of London in that period is there are existing map's and records of architecture so they could recreate it pretty much perfectly.

but they would need to avoid thing's like Sherlock Holmes as he is already a fictional character and as such would be locked into copy rights.

FatRascal
12-08-2009, 01:56 PM
True, true, but they COULD use the character of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, in much the same way that they've used Da Vinci in AC2.

Conan Doyle was quite an investigator into the strange and unusual in his own right, as well as being a qualified medical doctor if memory serves.

Sep.

caswallawn_2k7
12-08-2009, 02:00 PM
it is possible they could use him as he is a real person, but they still have to stick close to history. but the problem with London/England is they could remake London and it could be huge, but what other cities would they use? as people would eventually get sick of the narrow streets and pretty dark setting of London in that time.

thekyle0
12-08-2009, 03:29 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...024/m/8251094497/p/1 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8251094497/p/1)