PDA

View Full Version : Defense For Altair; Offense to Ezio

tjbyrum1
11-04-2010, 03:13 PM
Many many many people say Ezio is a better Assassin than Altair. This is NOT the case, not at ALL.

First off, Altair was an Assassin WAY much longer than Ezio will ever be. Second off, Altair led an Assassin's Guild WAY before Exio ever did. Third, Altair was trained WAY more than Ezio ever will be.

Now let me acknowledge some critical response.

"Ezio can use TWO Hidden Blades, a Hidden Pistol, and Multiple Weapons... unlike Altair."
That is simple Gameplay mechanics and features. Why couldn't Altair use two hidden blades? Simply because he didn't have access to them. Also, just about EVERY good gadget (the second hidden blade, the pistol, the poison blade, etc) was ALL created by Altair, which means Altair used each one WAY before Ezio ever did. The creators over at Ubi decided to add them in II, and never thought about them in I. They're smart, Ubi is, they actually add good stuff to their games and make sequels better.

"Ezio can assassinate people in different ways than Altair could, and he can jump to places where Altair couldn't."
Mere gmaeplay elements being added to the game just to enhance it. The creators simply found flaws in the first one and asked "How can we make this better?". So, like they did, they made it better. Altair could very well do everything Exio can do, it just never was implemented to the game.

"Altair cannot even swim!"
Gameplay element. Ubi knew drowning was a BIG flaw in I, so they simply added it to II.

Now I DO like Ezio, more than Altair (only because Ezio has a better presentation and style, but Altair was and will always be badass." But when it comes to the better Assassin, it is Altair. Altair will always be better than Ezio, no matter what.

In fact I can almost GUARANTEE you that if AC I's character WAS Ezio, and II and BHood's character was Altair, all who say Ezio is better would then say Altair is better. Imagine this was so^^... "Now let's make AC 2. This has Altair, but let's take out the features of swimming, advanced assassinations, the hidden gun, the poison blade, the fact you can...."

No. AC 2 was just made newer, with newer and better feature.

It is a true fact (not opinion) that Altair is the better Assassin, though Ezio's character was better in my opinion.

Got something to say about my thoughts? Post and let me reply.

zomgcookie
11-04-2010, 03:16 PM
You had to make a new thread for this when you could have just posted in the poll...don't think anyone was saying that Altair wasn't a badass but, Ezio was more of a badass. That is all.

tjbyrum1
11-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Allow me to go find the poll.

PhiIs1618033
11-04-2010, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
Second off, Altair led an Assassin's Guild WAY before Exio ever did.

Yeah... it's kinda hard to be earlier than your ancestor. :P

zomgcookie
11-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tjbyrum1:
Second off, Altair led an Assassin's Guild WAY before Exio ever did.

Yeah... it's kinda hard to be earlier than your ancestor. :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE> He means by age, Ezio leads his order in his 40s, while Altair started leading in his 30s. Though Ezio did not need to form one until then. Plus altair is given one, while Ezio builds one from the ground up.

jlorence
11-04-2010, 03:43 PM
The only reason Ezio is better is because the game developers are significantly better now than they were in AC1. The only reason Ezio has better equipment is because Altair is the one that discovered them to begin with.

People seem to forget that better gameplay doesn't necessarily mean better assassin.

DarkicoN14
11-04-2010, 03:47 PM
also altair was an assassin all his life ezio started around 18

AubreyWilborn
11-04-2010, 04:42 PM
Ezio is much better than Altair, and here's why:
The only way you can compare Altair and Ezio is by gameplay features available to both. These two men don't exist in real life, so the only way you can compare them is gameplay.

That being said- Ezio is miles ahead of Altair. Ezio is dangerous with just his hands, while Altair needs a weapon. He can't disarm a guy and then kill him with his own weapon like Ezio can. Plus, Ezio has all kinds of sick unarmed-combat killing moves, like the neckbreaker.

Plus Altair can't swim, so if his prey is on a boat, they are safe. Ezio can kill two people at once, disappear with smoke bombs, and shoot people with a gun. He can kill someone on a horse, from the ground or from another horse. He can poison people. He can do whatever-Ezio is more of a well-rounded killing machine. True, that's only do to game design, but that's all we have to compare the two on.

tjbyrum1
11-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by j_lorence:
The only reason Ezio is better is because the game developers are significantly better now than they were in AC1. The only reason Ezio has better equipment is because Altair is the one that discovered them to begin with.

People seem to forget that better gameplay doesn't necessarily mean better assassin.

X10J
11-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:
The only way you can compare Altair and Ezio is by gameplay features available to both. These two men don't exist in real life, so the only way you can compare them is gameplay.

That being said- Ezio is miles ahead of Altair. Ezio is dangerous with just his hands, while Altair needs a weapon. He can't disarm a guy and then kill him with his own weapon like Ezio can. Plus, Ezio has all kinds of sick unarmed-combat killing moves, like the neckbreaker.

Plus Altair can't swim, so if his prey is on a boat, they are safe. Ezio can kill two people at once, disappear with smoke bombs, and shoot people with a gun. He can kill someone on a horse, from the ground or from another horse. He can poison people. He can do whatever-Ezio is more of a well-rounded killing machine. True, that's only do to game design, but that's all we have to compare the two on.

no mate I can think of 2 ways of comparing them: 1 gameplay, 2 character/personality

now, for number 1 please refer to the original post

number 2 is a matter of taste, and as such cannot be argued. However somethings to keep in mind:

a. We get one year plus a small journal to look at Altair, but we get an entire lifetime to look at Ezio. Difficult to compare the two.

b. Ezio was written after Altair. This allowed the writers to examine Altair and decide what they wanted to do differantly for Ezio. Therefore Altair was, at least partialy, responsible for who Ezio was.

XxD3fW1shxX
11-04-2010, 10:12 PM
u cant just compare off of gameplay there is always hidden depth to characters u need to research that arent always bluntly explained

DrBo
11-04-2010, 10:20 PM
Despite all of Altair's training he was still a cocky ****** that got people killed due to his stupidity. Not to mention he broke the own tenants of the creed as he pleased. Ability wise, they're exactly the same, but Ezio is a better character, and a better person.

X10J
11-04-2010, 10:24 PM
yea but he moved away from that and into a more apologetic, leaderlike person.

DrBo
11-05-2010, 01:20 AM
Once a ******, always a ******. Altair loses.

PhiIs1618033
11-05-2010, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by DrBo42:
That's just plain ignorant.

Altair became a level-headed, professional assassin. You know what drove him to break the tenets? Adha, a woman/girl he loved was taken away by the templars. Following this, he got brash. This is a direct explanation of Altair's willingness to expose himself.
Also, Ezio was a ****** at the start of the game. Wasting all his money on women and wine, not caring about the poorer people in the city, getting in fights...

Kakashi590
11-05-2010, 06:34 AM
they were in different situations its just as simple as that comparing the two is ignorant.

extrememuffin
11-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by j_lorence:

this is were you are wrong. because we have only gameplay to base our arguments on (and personal taste) it means that the gameplay decides who the better assassin is. Ezio has better leadership qualities (people WANT to listen to him even at the start of the game when he was a little stuck up compared to Altair were people were generaly ordered to follow him), he could swim, disarm, blend into his surronding more effectivly, jump higher, free run more effectivly, assassinate horse to horse, and most importantly ride a horse in the city http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif. i left out things like use two hidden blades, hidden gun, and poisen blade because we can assume since Altair invented those he could also use them.

if we switched the characters so that Altair had these abilities and Ezio didnt then Altair would be the better assassin. since the Developers didnt put it into the game for ACI then that means Altair didnt have these abilities and there is no way around it, you just have to accept it.

Colossus_1191
11-05-2010, 10:50 AM
I'd say Ezio is more skilled, but Altair was more intelligent.

If there was a fight, I'd want Ezio on my side. If there needed to be a plan of attack, I'd prefer Altair handled that.

LaCava1
11-05-2010, 10:55 AM

Actually, Altair's prey ISN'T safe if they're on a boat. One of his targets in AC1 WAS on a boat, and you need to get to him.

extrememuffin
11-05-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:

Actually, Altair's prey ISN'T safe if they're on a boat. One of his targets in AC1 WAS on a boat, and you need to get to him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well if he was on a boat that wasnt docked or anywhere near a dock then you would be pretty safe. of course in AC2 if the gaurds werent so damn blind Ezio wouldnt of being able to make it to the boat either

LaCava1
11-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by extrememuffin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AubreyWilborn:

Actually, Altair's prey ISN'T safe if they're on a boat. One of his targets in AC1 WAS on a boat, and you need to get to him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
well if he was on a boat that wasnt docked or anywhere near a dock then you would be pretty safe. of course in AC2 if the gaurds werent so damn blind Ezio wouldnt of being able to make it to the boat either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It wasn't docked, but it wasn't too far away. You had to free run on posts.

and by the way... WATCH THE LANGUAGE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

extrememuffin
11-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by triforceman5:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by extrememuffin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by triforceman5:

well if he was on a boat that wasnt docked or anywhere near a dock then you would be pretty safe. of course in AC2 if the gaurds werent so damn blind Ezio wouldnt of being able to make it to the boat either </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and by the way... WATCH THE LANGUAGE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i remembered that it wasnt docked when i was typing it thats why i added the part were it has to be far away

and all i said was damn http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

salted onions
11-05-2010, 11:24 AM
In a fight, I still think Altair would win.

Ezio can quickly and easily decimate a group of guards in AC2 and especially in ACB. in ACB, his fighting style from gameplay seen is practically like a dance, jumping from enemy to enemy in a flourish of graceful movements and power blows, slitting their throats and stabbing their flesh. He confuses the enemy, and intimidates them, and leaves them no room to attack just because they don't know who he will go for first.

This is fine and all against a group of inexperienced, frightened guards, but against one single a master Assassin of the same level, trained in the art of defensive fighting and countering? I think Ezio's ruthless behavior would be the death of him.

Altair's fighting style is much more methodical and slow paced. He waits for his opponent to make a move, which is when he strikes once, and strikes hard in a single fatal blow. He leaves no room for error. His stance is rigid, but his movement flows when the timing is right.

Ezio may be able to out do a group of guards due to his aggressive, terrifying efficiency and deadly blows, but against the methodical, defensive Altair, I think he had met his match.

LaCava1
11-05-2010, 11:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by extrememuffin:

and by the way... WATCH THE LANGUAGE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah i remembered that it wasnt docked when i was typing it thats why i added the part were it has to be far away

and all i said was damn http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh, I see.

I was being sarcastic; I myself swear like a sailor, but refrain on the forums. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dchil279
11-05-2010, 11:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j_lorence:

this is were you are wrong. because we have only gameplay to base our arguments on (and personal taste) it means that the gameplay decides who the better assassin is. Ezio has better leadership qualities (people WANT to listen to him even at the start of the game when he was a little stuck up compared to Altair were people were generaly ordered to follow him), he could swim, disarm, blend into his surronding more effectivly, jump higher, free run more effectivly, assassinate horse to horse, and most importantly ride a horse in the city http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif. i left out things like use two hidden blades, hidden gun, and poisen blade because we can assume since Altair invented those he could also use them.

if we switched the characters so that Altair had these abilities and Ezio didnt then Altair would be the better assassin. since the Developers didnt put it into the game for ACI then that means Altair didnt have these abilities and there is no way around it, you just have to accept it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most of the weapons and assassination technigues that Ezio used, he had gotten from the codex, which was written by Altair. This means Altair had invented these almost 300 years earlier. Did Ezio ever invent HIS OWN techniques/weapons? no

Alabama Love
11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Whoever said that basing the argument off of gameplay was the only way, is completely wrong. If that was the case, then there would be no point in comparing them at all.

Also, Altair CAN swim.

obliviondoll
11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Altair wins.

Why?

Working on personality, Ezio is more brash and outspoken, joking about things and generally very open and friendly, where Altair is more withdrawn and sel-contained. This gives Ezio lady's man points and Altair badass points.

Equal so far, but different. It's all about perspective. I like both personality styles for their respective eras. They fit the worlds they live in.

The part most people are arguing is gameplay though.

First off, NO, gameplay is NOT the only thing we have to judge them on, we've seen and heard plenty which gives us a concept of their motivations, intelligence, behaviour in non-combat situations, etc. We've seen a close look at Altair for a year, and a less in-depth look at a larger portion of Ezio's life. From the snapshot of Altair, he appears more disciplined than Ezio, but less relatable, and harder to get along with. Secondly, EVERYTHING Ezio has and does in AC2 that affects gameply was created by Altair. Including the hidden gun - Leonardo built it, but did so using plans Altair provided.

On a pure gameplay level, if we drop the hidden gun, on the grounds that master assassins would only get into a fight in the training ring anyway, and such a weapon would never be suitable there, Altair wins.

Why? Because he has a balance between offensive and defensive actions. Ezio is short-changed on the ability to break a solid guard. If Altair decided to stay on the defensive, Ezio can't do anything about it. If he decides to play the waiting game, and sit on the defensive himself, Altair can step in and use a guard-break attack, leaving Ezio exposed. This is something Ezio can't do.

Here's hoping they fix that in Brotherhood.

EDIT: Also, they mentioned Altair being unable to swim was a bug with the Animus programming.

I still don't think either of them should be able to swim while wearing heavy enough armour to take 4 hits in the chest with a sword AND covered in heavy hooded robes.

extrememuffin
11-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by AlabamaLove:
Whoever said that basing the argument off of gameplay was the only way, is completely wrong. If that was the case, then there would be no point in comparing them at all.
well there is no point in comparing them some people just like to. idk why but they do.

AubreyWilborn
11-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by PhiIs1618033...:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrBo42:
That's just plain ignorant.

Altair became a level-headed, professional assassin. You know what drove him to break the tenets? Adha, a woman/girl he loved was taken away by the templars. Following this, he got brash. This is a direct explanation of Altair's willingness to expose himself.
Also, Ezio was a ****** at the start of the game. Wasting all his money on women and wine, not caring about the poorer people in the city, getting in fights... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I still hold to Ezio as a better assasin-and, as someone else said-a better person. Now, I'm a PC gamer, so the only experience I have with ALtair is AC1. However, based off of that, Ezio is way far ahead of Altair.

Altair is arrogant, cocky, rigid and hard-headed. Plus he can't disarm, can't shoot, can't "dual kill", and can't kill someone with his bare hands.
Oh, and he only has access to up to four weapons, whereas Ezio gets all kinds of swords,daggers, maces, polearms, crossbows, poison, etc.

Now onto Ezio. Ezio is just as smart as Altair, plus he has charisma. He's a natural leader. If Ezio and Altair both went to the same High school, Altair would be the arrogant jock giving nerds wedgies for fun. Whereas Ezio would be the football player who could persuade the science club and the mathletes to follow him willingly. He's a good guy, even though he's fictional, lol.

mrfishy101
11-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Personally I have only played a small part of AC1, but from what I've played they seem even, if Ezio doesn't win. First, everyone says that Altair has more training so he's better, when in fact that only favors ezio, because he's an amazing assassin with far less training. Another point is that some have said Ezio is too unthinking (for lack of better word) and ruthless when fighting. However I think most people are thinking of young teens and early twenties Ezio. The Ezio from brotherhood and late 2 is much more levelheaded and skilled.

salted onions
11-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by mrfishy101:
Personally I have only played a small part of AC1, but from what I've played they seem even, if Ezio doesn't win. First, everyone says that Altair has more training so he's better, when in fact that only favors ezio, because he's an amazing assassin with far less training. Another point is that some have said Ezio is too unthinking (for lack of better word) and ruthless when fighting. However I think most people are thinking of young teens and early twenties Ezio. The Ezio from brotherhood and late 2 is much more levelheaded and skilled.

Well honestly, Ezio, when he's older in Brotherhood, seems to become even more ruthless and violent in his fighting style, as seen through his chain killing style and such. Then again that could just be a gameplay-choice. But we don't have much else to go on

The_Revealer
12-06-2010, 05:34 PM
To say that what you think is true fact and not an opinion is the epitome of ignorance. Also, whether or not Altair Ibn La Ahad is a better assassin then Ezio Auditore Da Firenze is not for us to decide. Leave that to the people that spent time and money making and developing the game.

-- Prejudice is the inevitable downfall of mankind

ShadowRage41
12-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Both were exceptional Assassin's. I am not sure one is better than the other. I liked Altair's stoic demeanor very military like. very matter of fact.

I have enjoyed the evolution of Ezio, he was young at the start of ACII and we watched him develop into a Master Assassin. It's only natural people would feel an affinity for Ezio being that he has been the main Character in two games. I am not sure one is better than the other. Both of them are Kick A Assassin's.

X10J
12-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Agreed.

MinerVAX09
12-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Altair wins.

Why?

Working on personality, Ezio is more brash and outspoken, joking about things and generally very open and friendly, where Altair is more withdrawn and sel-contained. This gives Ezio lady's man points and Altair badass points.

I don't know man..Being badass with no ladies, kinda makes you gay, total opposite of badass http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Heartist_of_All
12-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Nice post, OP. I agree.

I like how people keep bringing up "Altair can't disarm blah blah blah"... so going back to the gameplay, huh? That's the whole reason why AC2/ACB gets more praise. And that easily blinds people into thinking who the better assassin is.

Think of it as real life, what... Altair couldn't disarm somebody? Of course he could. Give him a break. He was a loyal Assassin who got manipulated and wanted to do things his way to get even.

Heartist_of_All
12-07-2010, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by MinerVAX09:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Altair wins.

Why?

I don't know man..Being badass with no ladies, kinda makes you gay, total opposite of badass http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Someone obviously hasn't played AC2, or was crunk off their mind to remember it...

SpyderNynja
12-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
On a pure gameplay level, if we drop the hidden gun, on the grounds that master assassins would only get into a fight in the training ring anyway, and such a weapon would never be suitable there, Altair wins.

Why? Because he has a balance between offensive and defensive actions. Ezio is short-changed on the ability to break a solid guard. If Altair decided to stay on the defensive, Ezio can't do anything about it. If he decides to play the waiting game, and sit on the defensive himself, Altair can step in and use a guard-break attack, leaving Ezio exposed. This is something Ezio can't do.

Here's hoping they fix that in Brotherhood.

They did http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif your theory is now invalid. Also, AC2's Ezio would still have the quick step advantage to defense which could serve as a perfectly useful counter to a guard break.

ShadowRage41
12-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by MinerVAX09:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Altair wins.

Why?

I don't know man..Being badass with no ladies, kinda makes you gay, total opposite of badass http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was mentioned by one of the Assassin's in a conversation with Altair concerning his wife, that he hoped one day he would find her. As I have stated Altair was very matter of fact and stoic. Obviously he either loved his wife "OR" he took his oaths quit seriously. It suits his no nonsense character perfectly.

DemonLordSparda
12-07-2010, 08:13 AM
Alright, those saying that Altair built these weapons and wrote down the designs are well aware that he got these ideas from the apple right? If he had not spent time with the apple there would no codex. I don't understand anyone who says Altair is better based of plans he gleaned from the apple.

In fact the handling of the apple is what separates the two in my opinion. Altair kept it with him always and withdrew himself from people. Ezio used it only a couple times and eventually sealed it in a vault under the Coliseum. To me it seems like Ezio did the less selfish thing, however they were both working to prevent the end of the world.

So with the intrusion of the Apple on both of their characters all we have left is innate ability. Both can counter, both can dodge, both can grab, both can guard break. So that's pretty similar, Ezio just has a lot more options, including heavy weapons and the crossbow, both of which Altair did not make.

Then you have to figure something, in a historical sense fighting styles have been updated over the years. In Altair's time the name of the game was opportunity. Waiting for an opening and striking. In Ezio's time it was all about not giving anyone the opportunity to exploit an opening.

So then it comes down to a fight, just them, their fists, their swords, and their daggers. Who would win? Who could know? They are pretty even. Ezio would probably open with a guard breaker but Altair could dodge. Altair may then follow up with a grab but Ezio could break that easily. Then Ezio may lead in with some blows, and if Altair countered he could just deflect the counter blow. It would be a long evenly matched fight based on what those men have seen and been through.

So I'm not advocating either side, I'm saying they are quite even and they are both Assassin's of the highest order. So what it really comes down to is personal preference.

Personally I like Ezio just a tad more, but Altair will always be the first Assassin I used and I will never forget how cool it felt to play as him.

ShadowRage41
12-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by DemonLordSparda:
So I'm not advocating either side, I'm saying they are quite even and they are both Assassin's of the highest order. So what it really comes down to is personal preference.

We have a winner- This^^^^

ChaosxNetwork
12-07-2010, 08:26 AM

What that is the one thing you cant do as in real life it is just advancement of gaming technology and ideas and in game, Ezio had Leonardo to make them where as Altair was the one who designed them.
The choice is completely personal its who ever's character you preferred who ever's style of fighting you preferred.
Atair is my favourite.

MrLaneFox
12-07-2010, 08:27 AM
they lived in two completely different time periods, of course they're going to be different styles. Splinter Cell has Night Vision and weapon Silencers, should he be using a sword and shield instead?

Kaena2012
12-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Ok people just because Altair cannot dissarm, etc does not mean Ezio was better. I mean it's the devs that decided to add that gameplay and crossbow, poison , gun , etc it's because Leonardo built the weapons for him. Don't forget that Altair was already a Grand Master Assasin and did Ezio not just become one in Brotherhood?
They are both great Assasins and really do not know why people argue over such little pointless things. Oh and one can perhaps argue that Desmond with the bleeding effect may eventually become better then all of them even thought i don't see it anytime soon

MinerVAX09
12-07-2010, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Heartist_of_All:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MinerVAX09:
Altair wins.

Why?

Someone obviously hasn't played AC2, or was crunk off their mind to remember it... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nahh..I've played AC2, I was just making fun of this post...There should be no comparison between the two, there should be no defense or offense between the two. We've all played the game and enjoyed each game with their (let's put it all in one word) style, and if you have a problem with Ezio, just keep it to yourself.

irishferrydog
12-07-2010, 08:16 PM

And how do you know that they weren't real, my friend?

irishferrydog
12-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Now, I haven't played ACI in a while (I really need to buy that!!), but I'm pretty sure Altaīr was not a ******.
Ezio is quite ******y at the beginning of ACII, otherwise douchiness is a not a factor.
They're both badass... totally badass-assins
Judging on experience: Altaīr is a much better assassin, seeing as he was born as one so had a lifetime of training, and he designed and used the extra equipment Ezio has Leonardo re-create in ACII.
Judging on game development: obviously Ezio, because all of the adjustments and additions available in ACII/ACB, but not in ACI because they were not thought of at the time... (but seriously, can we even count that as proof that Ezio is better??)

They're both skilled at what they do. They both have different personalities. They are related to each other.
This is why Assassin's Creed is awesome.
The assassin's in future AC games will not be better than Altaīr and Ezio, they'll just have more advanced equipment.