PDA

View Full Version : I have bad news..Don't open this if you do not want to see the BIGGEST SPOILER

Azula2005
09-04-2011, 07:57 PM
Ok you opened it..

You can still turn back now

Fine...
Ezio dies.... 1524 (aged 64-65)

Believe it or not (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ezio_Auditore_da_Firenze)

RzaRecta357
09-04-2011, 08:04 PM
You know that's just a wiki site and some random kid somewhere in America wrote that right?

It isn't true, because it isn't known yet.

That's like the date of Embers. Someone is assuming he dies during it, but doesn't know for sure.

Jexx21
09-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
You know that's just a wiki site and some random kid somewhere in America wrote that right?

That's like the date of Embers. Someone is assuming he dies during it, but doesn't know for sure.

Actually it was confirmed in the Making of the Encyclopedia video. You have to read the pages.

EDIT: By the way, the birth-death dates had a source number behind them. Ever thought of checking that out?

Assassin_M
09-04-2011, 08:11 PM

You are made to say "No it isnt true" you always oppose, RzaRecta
and you say it like its a fact

Jexx21
09-04-2011, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

You are made to say "No it isnt true" you always oppose, RzaRecta
and you say it like its a fact </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He also insulted most Americans when he posted that, as if we are inferior or something.

RzaRecta357
09-04-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:

Actually it was confirmed in the Making of the Encyclopedia video. You have to read the pages.

And don't be a *******, thinking that Americans are automatically inferior to whatever nationality you are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't suggesting anything about America. So that's hilarious.

Anyway, I didn't know it was in the Encyclopedia. I stand corrected then.

Jexx21
09-04-2011, 08:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

And don't be a *******, thinking that Americans are automatically inferior to whatever nationality you are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wasn't suggesting anything about America. So that's hilarious.

Anyway, I didn't know it was in the Encyclopedia. I stand corrected then. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It WAS sourced in the wiki page.

Blind2Society
09-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Ezio dies? Captain Obvious has struck again. Oh, and the only thing that would make me feel insulted is if he's is another non-American who thinks he knows everything about us (we all know what assuming does, don't we?). Anyway he is more than likely right.

EDIT: The encyclo eh? I wonder what other info it will divulge.

kriegerdesgottes
09-04-2011, 08:30 PM
I can't believe how many times I watched that video and didn't notice one time that it says that. Good call.

donngold
09-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Wow altair lived for almost 100 yrs ezio was mid 60's...
The good die young

LightRey
09-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Ahem...

DUH!
People die. It's a normal phenomenon.

Thank you.

Eurostar7
09-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Ezio looks MUCH older than 65 in Embers. He looks almost 80 in Embers.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by donngold:
The good die young
64/65 isn't exactly young. Especially for those times. In fact it's around the average age of death for males in the western world.

blazefp
09-05-2011, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
Ahem...

DUH!

Thank you.

Why do you always post my ideas before me? xD

masterfenix2009
09-05-2011, 05:01 AM
Ahem...

DUH!

Thank you. This

bokeef04
09-05-2011, 05:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by donngold:
The good die young
64/65 isn't exactly young. Especially for those times. In fact it's around the average age of death for males in the western world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

people lived the same amount of time, in Sparta you were part of the military till you were 60, then you could become a politician

average life expectancy is an AVERAGE

example 1.
If 100 people are born, 50 die in the first year, and 50 live to be 100(exaggerated example i know) what is the average life expectancy?

Example 2.
If 100 people are born, 50 live to be 50, and 50 live to be 100 what is the average life expectancy?

according to my maths Example 2 has the higher average life expectancy, but people live to the same age regardless, the reason the life expectancy was lower during ancient times was due to higher infant mortality

blazefp
09-05-2011, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by donngold:
The good die young
64/65 isn't exactly young. Especially for those times. In fact it's around the average age of death for males in the western world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

people lived the same amount of time, in Sparta you were part of the military till you were 60, then you could become a politician

example 1.
If 100 people are born, 50 die in the first year, and 50 live to be 100(exaggerated example i know) what is the average life expectancy?

Example 2.
If 100 people are born, 50 live to be 50, and 50 live to be 100 what is the average life expectancy?

according to my maths Example 2 has the higher average life expectancy, but people live to the same age regardless, the reason the life expectancy was lower during ancient times was due to higher infant mortality </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well what you said til "the reason the life expectancy is lower" is totally right, after that is just partially right.
Is true that 70% (not extremely accurate) of the kids died before 5 years old, however life expectancy only starts to being recorded afterwards. Till then is just considered infant mortality.

In ancient times people had the same life expectancy as people nowadays...in Mozambique, which is 35-40s.

Live expectancy (http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/34/6/1435.full) (notice is .org so it isn't just an american kid trying to share what he learnt at school)

Sick_one12
09-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Well its not suprising that Ezio dies because i would have found it very cheesy and dumb if they made him found a way to be immortal or something like that.

But...whats a little bit annoying is the fact that ubi spoiled his date of death in a freakin enzyclopedia trailerhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

odovoro
09-05-2011, 07:15 AM
hmmm that's not really a spoiler
everyone knows that this is the last game with ezio soo... that

MT4K
09-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Sick_one12:
Well its not suprising that Ezio dies because i would have found it very cheesy and dumb if they made him found a way to be immortal or something like that.

But...whats a little bit annoying is the fact that ubi spoiled his date of death in a freakin enzyclopedia trailerhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Ubisoft didn't spoil it. They simply was showing off the Encyclopedia.

It was the fans who was looking for any little bits of informations they might be able to inadvertently spot while watching the video who spoiled it (if you are going to blame anybody).

Then there's the fact that you have yourself to blame for going into topics marked with spoiler warnings also.

dxsxhxcx
09-05-2011, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by donngold:
The good die young

that's the price you pay for not being stealthy enough and shout you're Ezio Auditore da Firenze everywhere... lol /jk

don't you think it'll be boring if every assassin we'll play in this game die at the same age, same way and reach the same status (all of them being Mentors of the order), I really hope that in AC3 Ubisoft decides to change this formula a little, a person don't need to be the Mentor or die of old age to be badass, and two Mentors in the same family is enough... :P

blazefp
09-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
The good die young

that's the price you pay for not being stealthy enough and shout you're Ezio Auditore da Firenze everywhere... lol /jk

don't you think it'll be boring if every assassin we'll play in this game die at the same age, same way and reach the same status (all of them being Mentors of the order), I really hope that in AC3 Ubisoft decides to change this formula a little, a person don't need to be the Mentor or die of old age to be badass, and two Mentors in the same family is enough... :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ezio and Altair are not from the same family

dxsxhxcx
09-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
The good die young

don't you think it'll be boring if every assassin we'll play in this game die at the same age, same way and reach the same status (all of them being Mentors of the order), I really hope that in AC3 Ubisoft decides to change this formula a little, a person don't need to be the Mentor or die of old age to be badass, and two Mentors in the same family is enough... :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ezio and Altair are not from the same family </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was talking about Desmond's family

blazefp
09-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
The good die young

I was talking about Desmond's family </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's even worse. Desmond is from 2012, it's normal that at least one of his ancestors may have been a mentor. Also if he was talking about Desmond's family than he should have said 4 mentors too :P Alta´r, the son of Alta´r (I can't remember the name), Mario and Ezio. And if W.M. is the actual mentor than probably Desmond would have 5 ancestors that were mentors.

Sick_one12
09-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by MT4K:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sick_one12:

Ubisoft didn't spoil it. They simply was showing off the Encyclopedia.

It was the fans who was looking for any little bits of informations they might be able to inadvertently spot while watching the video who spoiled it (if you are going to blame anybody).

Then there's the fact that you have yourself to blame for going into topics marked with spoiler warnings also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well youre right about that!But i personally,was just watching the trailer because i was interested in the enzyclopadia.and its not like you have to pause the video to get an exact look at the information,i was just looking at the wrong spot at the wrong time!im not making a big deal about it since its not that important and its my own fault but im just saying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dxsxhxcx
09-05-2011, 08:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by blazefp:
The good die young

I was talking about Desmond's family </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's even worse. Desmond is from 2012, it's normal that at least one of his ancestors may have been a mentor. Also if he was talking about Desmond's family than he should have said 4 mentors too :P Alta´r, the son of Alta´r (I can't remember the name), Mario and Ezio. And if W.M. is the actual mentor than probably Desmond would have 5 ancestors that were mentors. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was talking about the assassins we control,I didn't pay attention to the others, but you're right, Desmond's lineage is Mentor's factory... :P

MT4K
09-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Sick_one12:
Well youre right about that!But i personally,was just watching the trailer because i was interested in the enzyclopadia.and its not like you have to pause the video to get an exact look at the information,i was just looking at the wrong spot at the wrong time!im not making a big deal about it since its not that important and its my own fault but im just saying http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I suppose they could have taken a few moments to blur stuff like that out, but they probably didn't think to do so, or they just didn't think it was that big of a deal. Plus it's interesting at least in my opinion to see what little bits of extra informations you can gather from trailers and such. Almost like little secrets for us to find :P.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokeef04:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
The good die young

example 1.

Example 2.

according to my maths Example 2 has the higher average life expectancy, but people live to the same age regardless, the reason the life expectancy was lower during ancient times was due to higher infant mortality </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well what you said til "the reason the life expectancy is lower" is totally right, after that is just partially right.
Is true that 70% (not extremely accurate) of the kids died before 5 years old, however life expectancy only starts to being recorded afterwards. Till then is just considered infant mortality.

In ancient times people had the same life expectancy as people nowadays...in Mozambique, which is 35-40s.

Live expectancy (http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/34/6/1435.full) (notice is .org so it isn't just an american kid trying to share what he learnt at school) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly. The average life expectancy is excluding infant mortality and death by unnatural circumstances.

naran6142
09-05-2011, 09:40 AM
well now we see ezio's whole life

birth to death

it makes sense that he dies, i wasn't that surpised to hear ubi would do that

but now im really excited to watch embers

squirrelyxd
09-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Honestly you shouldn't rely on something like a wiki since they are edited about everyday and aren't really useful. I say we wait till Revelations and Embers is revealed. My only question is: What's next for the series? o.o

blazefp
09-05-2011, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by squirrelyxd:
Honestly you shouldn't rely on something like a wiki since they are edited about everyday and aren't really useful. I say we wait till Revelations and Embers is revealed. My only question is: What's next for the series? o.o

You don't need to rely on Wikia. Just freeze the encyclopedia video somewhere when they talk about the characters. There you can see "Ezio Auditore da Firenze (1459-1524)"

squirrelyxd
09-05-2011, 10:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by squirrelyxd:

You don't need to rely on Wikia. Just freeze the encyclopedia video somewhere when they talk about the characters. There you can see "Ezio Auditore da Firenze (1459-1524)" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but Ubi might change something like that. You really never know. It's best to go by the actual games and releases by Ubisoft than what 12 year old kids write on wikis. lol /justsayin.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 10:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by squirrelyxd:
You don't need to rely on Wikia. Just freeze the encyclopedia video somewhere when they talk about the characters. There you can see "Ezio Auditore da Firenze (1459-1524)" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but Ubi might change something like that. You really never know. It's best to go by the actual games and releases by Ubisoft than what 12 year old kids write on wikis. lol /justsayin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, they won't. The Encyclopedia is definitive.

Jexx21
09-05-2011, 12:32 PM

The funny thing is, is that most things on the wikia are sourced, and if they aren't, they are taken down. You have no idea how a wiki works do you?

And by the way, I think Ubi devs have said that they check the AC wiki sometimes when they need to know something.

Either that or the Mass Effect devs...

maybe both.

yly3
09-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Geesh, and I was expecting some mindblowing-a-la-AC2-ending spoiler like Ezio being Subject 16 lol.

LightRey
09-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

The funny thing is, is that most things on the wikia are sourced, and if they aren't, they are taken down. You have no idea how a wiki works do you?

And by the way, I think Ubi devs have said that they check the AC wiki sometimes when they need to know something.

Either that or the Mass Effect devs...

maybe both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
"Sourced" doesn't mean verified. I've seen more than enough "sourced" material on the wiki that were just assumptions based on those sources or was taken from an unreliable source.
The wiki isn't as trustworthy as it would like to appear.

Samuel032593
09-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Of course he dies!!! What, you think he lived forever or something lol Everyone pretty much knew for sure that he would die, unless the theory that Desmond is just another incarnation of the past assassin's Ezio and Altair is true. But how he would come about being this incarnation would be a spiritual thing unless Altair figured out how to pass himself down each descendant which would be pretty strange for Altair. But it could answer the question that was made in the last codex page, which is what answer to eternity did Altair find in the Apple when he took that last look in? And the spiritual answer would be totally out of the ball park for an AC game, considering the whole point of the series is to enlighten others and see through the lies of superstition. In the game anyway, not in real life but you get the idea. I kinda figure that they died http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Samuel032593
09-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Though, Altair figuring out a way to pass himself down each generation is a pretty cool idea, could explain why they always look the same way too. And like I said it would explain what Altair found in the codex that he didn't record when took that last look. Just thought I would point this out individually for discussion purposes, kinda cool I think. Though Improbable http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Calvarok
09-05-2011, 05:12 PM
I don't think this is any surprise. Embers was set up to be the very end. One thing people should realize is that Ubisoft is not going to rely on the fact that he dies at X age to be the big shocking reveal. It's going to be what happens along the way.

LightRey
09-06-2011, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
I don't think this is any surprise. Embers was set up to be the very end. One thing people should realize is that Ubisoft is not going to rely on the fact that he dies at X age to be the big shocking reveal. It's going to be what happens along the way.
Exactly.

sassinscreed
09-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Gabrieldebeta:
Ok you opened it..

You can still turn back now

Fine...
Ezio dies.... 1524 (aged 64-65)

Believe it or not (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ezio_Auditore_da_Firenze)

so? i was sure ezio isn't alive in 2012 even before i saw this "HUGE SPOILER"

Theclownofgod1
09-06-2011, 02:46 PM
I think Ezio is 65 in Embers... So I guess this is ''kind of'' a spoiler.. We may see him die in Embers.

LightRey
09-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Theclownofgod1:
I think Ezio is 65 in Embers... So I guess this is ''kind of'' a spoiler.. We may see him die in Embers.
It seems quite likely. I guess the focus is now mostly on how rather than if he dies.

kriegerdesgottes
09-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Yes, Darby said in an interview (which I'll have to dig up) that he is 64 in Embers.

Here it is at 8:10 http://www.nowgamer.com/videos...tions_interview.html (http://www.nowgamer.com/videos/1022635/assassins_creed_revelations_interview.html)

blazefp
09-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Great, according to the encyclopedia video, Ezio dies at 1524. At this age he is 65. With a little luck we may see him die http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

rileypoole1234
09-06-2011, 07:22 PM
*sniff*....*sniff* I'm really gonna miss Ezio. Revelations will be brilliant, but it'll be sad too, knowing that it's our last adventure with Ezio Auditore. I felt the same way at the end of Jak 3. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif