PDA

View Full Version : Please ...The Definitive Answer to Hosting Games on Ubi.soft.

stubreez
01-03-2005, 05:19 PM
A freind and i have been playing il2 for around 2 years.After numerous failed attempts at connecting,we gave up.Now we both have copies of FB 1.22,(i also have aep and pf)and are attempting to get online ,together ,on games we can HOST!!!!!.....We are not using routers,he has a NTL cable connection,and i have Eclipse ADSL 512. We are currently running the same version(1.22) and can connect to other servers independently. Also we use port 21000.

I am CONVINCED this thread will be useful to many others. thank you to contributors of helpful advice. (and to Oleg Maddox and team.)

Capt.LoneRanger
01-03-2005, 05:46 PM
If you are refering to the UBI.com - game-lobby, forget it. The problem, besides the lobby itself, which has a nasty memory-leak to name the most important of the many bugs, is the neccessity to select your internet IP in the IL2setup.exe located in your IL2-folder.

Without that, you'll get a failed or timed out connection (the server is sending the information to your LAN-adress, which is obviously not available on the internet)

If you wish to play online, check for

http://hyperfighter.jinak.cz/

It's an easy to install and use and completely free program. You can easily set up servers and advertise them.

Taylortony
01-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Try this

http://www.airwarfare.com/tech/conn.htm

stubreez
01-04-2005, 12:17 AM
Yep,have read lots of threads here.The airwarfare one is a mine of detailed info.Gonna try Hyperlobby.
Thanks chaps.

stubreez
01-08-2005, 03:24 PM
THANK YOU HYPERLOBBY!!!

And Airwarfare,an invaluble resource for tuning your comp to il2.

Now... Advice on direct I.P linking please.How can i go direct to my mates machine via the in game link on v1.22?

Cheers,Stubreez http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/icon_twisted.gif

PiX.
01-08-2005, 04:57 PM
stubreez:

If you want to connect to a friends computer or them connect to you using the game itself & not something like Hyperlobby or All Seeing eye..this is what you do.

1 of you has to be the Host, so the others can join that game.It would be best if whoever has the more powerful computer & better Net connection is the host.

The person who Hosts the game will then go to their Main menu of IL2 and choose the button Multiplay,this will take them to the next menu to get the server up and running.

On this Menu you are given 2 options..Join server & Create new server,the Host will choose Create New Server & this will take you to the next Menu.

On this Menu you can choose your Gametype,Ammount of players & Password for your server if you want it.It will also give you the option to give your server a name.Once these are done..click the button Create & onto the next menu.

In this Menu you choose the Map you are going to play,choose your map from the different maps and this is where you make your settings for the game by going to the Difficulty button,once done..choose button Load.once loaded the server is ready for your mates to join.

Now the servers up & running on the Host machine..the people who want to join that server have to do this..

Go to the Main menu of IL2 and choose the button Multiplay,they will then go to another menu with 2 options..join server & Create new server.They will choose Join server..onto the next Menu.

In this Menu the infomation put into it must be corret or it will not work!
Whoever Hosts the game must give their IP number to the guys who are going to join the server.All they have to do is type in the IP number in the multiplayer game menu.

You dont have to type in the port number :21000,
for example lets say the IP number of a server i want to join is 67.18.111.250:21000 then in the IL2 multiplay menu i would enter 67.18.111.250 & press the button join.

i remember when i first got the game and wanted to have a server running so my mates could join aswell..i didnt have a clue how to do it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif i hope this helps you.

Bearcat99
01-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Dont..

PiX.
01-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Bearcat99:

Im sure this is the correct way for 1 person to host a server with the ingame menu and his mates to join the server that he has just created?

If ive given out wrong info..i do apologise,please advise on correct info.