PDA

View Full Version : Why not add an in-game server browser to the game?

9th_Bloodfist
12-28-2004, 09:14 AM
It seems alot of people that are new to the game have a hard time playing online so they just give up at it. Why not add an in game server browser like most games on the market? Hyperlobby is a 3rd party client that most people use, and half the time it doesn't really show true numbers of people in the game, and if you can't get into a server your fopced back to desktop which can be quite annoying sometime. I believe with an ingame server browser and the ability to host games from with in it would certainly boost this games popularity online. As of now, anyone who is new to the game and clicks on multiplayer is in for some severe dissapointment when they are either forced to join by ip or use ubi.com. Anyways thats just my thoughts on a way to better this game, maybe yall feel the same or different about it.

Troll2k
12-28-2004, 02:53 PM
Pacific Fighters has a server browser and so has all the games in the series.There is a "play at Ubi.com" on the multiplay window along with create or join a game.

9th_Bloodfist
12-29-2004, 08:48 AM
Ok maybe you miss understood me by what I call a server browser. Yes pacific fighters does have play it on ubi which sends you back to desk top and then launches ubi, whic is pretty much worthless. You can also join by IP, but you need a persons IP to join. And in a game server browser like the ones that you find in games like bf1942, call of duty, and numerous other titles, allows you to view or creat a server from within the game without ever going back to desktop. It would basically be like viewing hyperlobby only form with in the game. Many server browsers even let you see the properties of that server and who is in it. Personally I believe it would encourage more people who aren't familiar with hyperlobby to play online, which in return could only help boost this game series since most people now like to play online yet alot of them are confused on how to join with this game as compared to the simplicity of other games. Also, if you were able to launch while the game was open, you wouldn't have to go through the waiting of the game to actually load before you even connect. Add all the time in that you spend actually waitng to get in to a game ( especially dissapointing if the server is full ) and compare that to other games and it's a huge difference! Also with the use of an ingame server browser, if you decide to dissconnect from a current game, it sends you back to the server list instead of completley closing the game like this one does. I just don't understand why they haven't even considered trying this yet.

Weather_Man
12-29-2004, 10:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I just don't understand why they haven't even considered trying this yet. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

UBI has a system in place they use for all their MP games. Whether it's better or not is debatable. It would take a lot of time and money to create a new browser like you mentioned. It's not going to happen.

I actually like ubi.com they way it is. You don't get the chat with in-game browsers and you can launch it ubi.com independantly of the game.

Cadet_Bobo
12-29-2004, 12:01 PM
I thought you meant we should have an in game browser so we'd have something to do while flying to the middle of the Pacific and back. But I've never been too bright!