PDA

View Full Version : 1946 vs all 3?

gaijinronnie
02-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Just a quick question.

I have IL2 FB, Ace Expansion and PF install together. Now, in IL2 1946, is there anything that I don't have, seeing that I've bought all the previous titles over the years?

The description of what's in 1946 is a little confusing. It seems that I should have everything, but the description makes it seem like it may have more.

Clarification? Thanks!

gaijinronnie
02-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Just a quick question.

I have IL2 FB, Ace Expansion and PF install together. Now, in IL2 1946, is there anything that I don't have, seeing that I've bought all the previous titles over the years?

The description of what's in 1946 is a little confusing. It seems that I should have everything, but the description makes it seem like it may have more.

Clarification? Thanks!

knightflyte
02-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Since the release of Pacific Fighters there have been 3 paid add ons.

Pe-2

Sturmoviks Over Manchuria

'46

The IL2-1946 disc is the complete IL-2 series. It included:

Forgotten Battles

EAP

Pacific Fighters

Pe-2

Sturmoviks Over Manchuria

'46.

The complete series on the IL-2 1946 DVD is patched up to ver 4.06. It has new joystick configuration, maps, planes, campaigns ,and will keep you up to date with most online fliers.

I'm not positive on the total list of planes and maps released since PF. There have been a lot and the majority have come in free patches. ("PF Merged" ... that is FB,EAP,PF.... patches up to ver. 4.04.)

Xiolablu3
02-09-2007, 11:06 PM
The content you already have is free with IL2-1946.

You are paying for the 3 new addons that knightflyte mentions when you buy it.

gaijinronnie
02-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Thanks a ton guys.

I think I'll just stick with what I have, and wait for BoB to hit the shelves later this year.

Bearcat99
02-09-2007, 11:41 PM
....... and it is worth it...

XyZspineZyX
02-10-2007, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaijinronnie:
Thanks a ton guys.

I think I'll just stick with what I have, and wait for BoB to hit the shelves later this year. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bear in mind that when SoW:BoB hits the shelves, it will not replace this sim, as it will be at the beginning only the Battle of Britian.

BoB will take time to cover all the bases that this sim has. BoB will not have the flyables, the maps, or the 3rd party content such as skins, campaigns, utlities, etc that this sim has at the outset

How can it? It's taken years for this sim to cover the ground it has. Buy what you like, but as mentioned, you are not being charged for the 'old' things you already have in FB, you are paying for three addons, which include hundreds of skins, new campaigns, objects, aircraft, and maps. When BoB comes out, it will not automatically cover all that

Hoatee
02-10-2007, 01:11 PM
Might be worth mentioning as well the possibility of a re-install or installation on a new machine. In these cases it is (imo) rather more prudent to have one dvd rather than a bunch of seediez and patches.