PDA

View Full Version : "...Those Who Came Before..."

vanbuskirks
09-24-2008, 12:42 AM
WARNING: Possible SPOILERS, but who hasn't played it by now.

I was just finishing up memory block three on one of my many play throughs and I picked up on a piece of dialog from Vidic that I hadn't really caught the full meaning of before. During the conversation where he tells Desmond that ABSTERGO has been responsible for all of the major discoveries and technology and etc. for the past century, Desmond asks something along the line of, "what makes you so special that you invent all of these things" to which Vidic responds something like this: "To be honest, Mr.Miles, we don't invent them, we borrow them...from Those Who Came Before..." I had never really caught the true implications of that last sentence. I was wondering if any of you had given thought to what he means by this and the implications it has for the overarching story line. Could 'Those who...' be Aliens? Early Christian (or just religious) figures? An earlier civilization on earth? I am assuming that 'Those who...' are the folks that created those lovely pieces of Eden and what not. By the by, I've always wondered about the connection of the piece of Eden to the garden of Eden from Adam and Eve. It does kind of resemble an apple. Just wondering if anybody had thoughts on this or just wanted to start a conversation.

M-dahaka
09-24-2008, 08:03 AM
It means they don't invent things, but they steal them from other cultures. They took the pieces of Eden and they were also hunting for the holy grail. They just take artifacts they need to rule the world and this is what he means by "those who came before", since the pieces of eden weren't invented by Abstergo, but by other people.

vanbuskirks
09-24-2008, 10:00 AM
I know that ABSTERGO didn't invent those things, what my actual question was, was who actually created the things they borrowed, like who created the piece of eden? Obviously, with the kind of power it has, it had to have come from a technological advanced people, or from divine powers. I was just speculating as to who could have designed such an object.

AskThePizzaGuy
09-24-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm pretty sure this has not been revealed yet, as it is one of the unanswered questions in AC. I don't think the piece of Eden came from humanity, but like you said, from divinity.

Vendetta11
09-24-2008, 11:41 AM
piece of Eden

I thought the piece of Eden came from aliens........

AskThePizzaGuy
09-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Vendetta11:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">piece of Eden

I thought the piece of Eden came from aliens........ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why not? I wouldn't be surprised if they went that far.

Account_Deleted
09-24-2008, 11:50 PM
AZTECS
their the ones with the lost city of gold
and they were surperior because of technogly weren't they?

AskThePizzaGuy
09-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by Account_Deleted:
AZTECS
their the ones with the lost city of gold
and they were surperior because of technogly weren't they?
Mayans would've been a better guess.