PDA

View Full Version : Possible compromise for 190 cockpit view. Just an idea.

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Let me start by saying that opinions are like a**holes, every ones got one. Having said that, how about this as a compromise that maybe Oleg and the users would agree to.

I find my self flying in "Wide" view quite often. It gives me a little bigger picture as to whats goin on around me.

In the 190's, this view "feels" as though I am sitting in just the right place in the cockpit, albeit low, and as such, the heavy framing of the cockpit doesn't seem to be such a hinderence as when you switch to the sims "Normal" view.

The only thing missing in the wide view is the ability to see the gunsight pip. If it were made visible, and bright enough (because of the slightly increased distance from the pilot to the sight), I think it would resolve the issue, at least to my satisfaction anyway.

Of course, raising the pilot seat a couple of "scale" inches, would make the change perfect.

IMHO. S!

Leutnant Jaeger, Jagdgeschwader 3 "Udet" I/Gruppe

XyZspineZyX
08-17-2003, 11:58 PM
Let me start by saying that opinions are like a**holes, every ones got one. Having said that, how about this as a compromise that maybe Oleg and the users would agree to.

I find my self flying in "Wide" view quite often. It gives me a little bigger picture as to whats goin on around me.

In the 190's, this view "feels" as though I am sitting in just the right place in the cockpit, albeit low, and as such, the heavy framing of the cockpit doesn't seem to be such a hinderence as when you switch to the sims "Normal" view.

The only thing missing in the wide view is the ability to see the gunsight pip. If it were made visible, and bright enough (because of the slightly increased distance from the pilot to the sight), I think it would resolve the issue, at least to my satisfaction anyway.

Of course, raising the pilot seat a couple of "scale" inches, would make the change perfect.

IMHO. S!

Leutnant Jaeger, Jagdgeschwader 3 "Udet" I/Gruppe