PDA

View Full Version : The Harlequin's Guild

Pitalla
08-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Heya, I have been thinking about the Harlequins and entertainers of AC. I belive that they are not templars but a different kind of guild, the guild of the entertainers.

You know in real life this kind of guilds can manipulate and influence the people with movies, pop culture etc... In this case they would act as a neutral party to both Templar Mazons and Assasin's.

I know that in the FB application Harlequin Cain and his sister where templars. But alas that was a templar program so as far as I know they could had corrupted the truth >=(

I like to think that the harlequins have some rivalry with the Assasin's because their acrobatics and stuff, and they often get in fist fights.

So what do you think?

LightRey
08-18-2011, 04:14 AM
They were Templar agents as described in Project Legacy.

thedeadman_47
08-18-2011, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
They were Templar agents as described in Project Legacy. yeah they were recruited by the courtesone

Pitalla
08-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Yeah I know, but still I think it would be pretty cool to have them as a neutral party. Like in the original AC2, there was going to be an entertainers guild with fire crackers and all that.

LightRey
08-18-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Pitalla:
Yeah I know, but still I think it would be pretty cool to have them as a neutral party. Like in the original AC2, there was going to be an entertainers guild with fire crackers and all that.
Oh you mean the random ones on the street. I don't think there ever was a guild for that. Though I guess the assassins could work together with a traveling circus or something.

Pitalla
08-18-2011, 01:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pitalla:
Oh you mean the random ones on the street. I don't think there ever was a guild for that. Though I guess the assassins could work together with a traveling circus or something. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In AC2 documental of development. They explained that they where going to be a helping faction like the mercenaries, thieves etc... but they got discarded.

It would be cool if they where there, even if they couldnt help you in roles for the game. As I explained how they would act in modern times, do you think it is a cool idea?

Jexx21
08-18-2011, 02:01 PM
No. They were already established as villains, and the harlequins in Brotherhood were more of an easter egg.

LightRey
08-18-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
No. They were already established as villains, and the harlequins in Brotherhood were more of an easter egg.
He's not referring to the 2 harlequins of the MP, but harlequins and street performers in general.

Pitalla
08-19-2011, 02:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
He's not referring to the 2 harlequins of the MP, but harlequins and street performers in general. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exacto! Considering that they are neutral, some could be more inclining to help one side more than the other.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 02:06 PM
The Romanti (gypsie performers) in Revelations seem to be basically that. So yeah.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
The Romanti (gypsie performers) in Revelations seem to be basically that. So yeah.
Just to make sure, are you saying you can work together with the Romanti in ACR?

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 06:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Just to make sure, are you saying you can work together with the Romanti in ACR? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep. they replace courtesans. They play music and juggle and stuff. I think they work a lot better with the courtesan mechanic, because when you sent Courtesans, they just danced for a bit and the guards just clapped. REAL renaissance guards would have dragged each of them away immediately after they presented themselves. But with actual entertainment, the lack of such actions makes more sense.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
Just to make sure, are you saying you can work together with the Romanti in ACR? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yep. they replace courtesans. They play music and juggle and stuff. I think they work a lot better with the courtesan mechanic, because when you sent Courtesans, they just danced for a bit and the guards just clapped. REAL renaissance guards would have dragged each of them away immediately after they presented themselves. But with actual entertainment, the lack of such actions makes more sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Cool. I hope they get some funny lines for laughs.

Pitalla
08-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, if done right they will be hilarious! >=P

lukaszep
08-20-2011, 04:15 PM
You can see the group of gypsies in the E3 gameplay demo btw, they're standing outside the tower that you blow up.