PDA

View Full Version : The Animus 3.0?

tjbyrum1
04-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Abstergo had the Animus 1.0 to my knowledge. Rebecca built the Animus 2.0.

*SPOILERS*

The end of Brotherhood had these two guys (I am sure they're guys) strapping Desmond into 'the machine', which is an Animus of course.

So perhaps this is the Animus 3.0? Or do you think they're using Rebecca's 2.0? Or possibly Abstergo's Animus 1.0?

If so, this will mean a whole new interface for single player. What do you think?

ThaWhistle
04-05-2011, 12:09 PM
doubtful, it probably just the animus 2.0 again.

SWJS
04-05-2011, 02:05 PM
No doubt Desmond's parked his unconcious bum in Rebecca's Baby.

tjbyrum1
04-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
No doubt Desmond's parked his unconcious bum in Rebecca's Baby.

...what?

SWJS
04-05-2011, 04:33 PM
...what?
*sigh*

"No doubt Desmond's back in the Animus 2.0"

the two guys are assassin higher-ups, and they're using the 2.0 on Desmond.

tjbyrum1
04-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Oh. I didn't quite get the first part.

DeSabellis
04-05-2011, 05:24 PM
It's funny that you mention that Abstergo had the Animus 1.0.

*Spoilers all over*

If you read the Assassins Creed Fall comics, subject 4 is shown in an Animus in 1985 and 2000 that looks different from the one in Assassins Creed. I wonder what this Animus was designated... .5? Since the one in 2012 is 1.0... I mean... oh well.

It could be possible that maybe in the next game there might be a newer Animus... but you have to figure that the two men (William and someone else) would have had access to Rebecca's animus (named Baby by the way since you didn't understand the joke http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blush.gif ) since they packed it up in the van when the left for the vault in Rome.

The graphics and the interface didn't change after the ending obviously... but it's also not the next Assassins Creed game. From a development point of view, it just wasn't done because the game was over.

*Still spoiler*

After the DLC, Desmond slips into a coma... which in a way was foreshadowed by Vidic in the first game. He might not even need an Animus. Though I must admit I would personally detest to the idea of Desmond just dreaming his memories.

tjbyrum1
04-05-2011, 06:40 PM
Sorry, I do not read comics. I find them boring and meaningless (comics in general).

All I know is from the games, and through my own research of the game.

Randy 355
04-06-2011, 03:06 AM
The Animus in AC1 was 1.28, so maybe version jumps are just extremely uncommon. Rebecca calls her Animus "Animus 2.0", but as far as I'm concerned, that's an unofficial version number. She simply calls hers that because it has benefits over the old one, and a different interface.

Sizzlemon
04-08-2011, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by EzioTheAssassin:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...what?
*sigh*

"No doubt Desmond's back in the Animus 2.0"

the two guys are assassin higher-ups, and they're using the 2.0 on Desmond. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You make a fair point. But because these 2 guys are high ranking Assassin's then wouldn't they have lots of money to build a better Animus that can reduce the side effects of the Animus of Animus 2.0?

Just asking...

El_Sjietah
04-08-2011, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Sizzlemon:
You make a fair point. But because these 2 guys are high ranking Assassin's then wouldn't they have lots of money to build a better Animus that can reduce the side effects of the Animus of Animus 2.0?

Just asking...

You need to figure out a way to reduce the side effects first, before you can throw money at it. Money is never the cure, only a means towards it.

Ruscris2
04-08-2011, 05:15 AM
Animus 2.1?

Saqaliba
10-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Apparently the Animus in Revelations was influenced by Roger Penrose and Rene Magritte. So it should be a cross between these ideas:

http://im-possible.info/images/art/sculpture/d0ppler/lego-triangle.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Roger-Penrose-Kachelstruktur.jpg/800px-Roger-Penrose-Kachelstruktur.jpg

http://www.artexpertswebsite.com/pages/artists/artists_l-z/magritte/Magritte_TheBlankCheck1965.jpg

http://online.kitp.ucsb.edu/online/plecture/penrose/oh/01.gif

Saqaliba
10-04-2011, 07:27 PM
ABSTERGO
http://unrulednotebook.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/penrose_triangle1.png

Jexx21
10-04-2011, 07:33 PM
I think there won't be an Animus in AC3, just Desmond controlling the Bleeding effect through the Nexus.

Agentbarto
10-04-2011, 07:36 PM
The Black Room design was influenced by Penrose's designs and other Impossible Shapes. The animus itself could be a different model but is likely to be the Rebecca's baby.

And the Abstergo Animus in the comics is to be considered a prototype. The "1.0" model of anything is typically considered to be the first true incarnation of a product, anything below it is a prototype.

naran6142
10-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I think there won't be an Animus in AC3, just Desmond controlling the Bleeding effect through the Nexus.

i think that is definitively possible

as for the animus in ACR, every game i think has had an improved animus so ACR might as well

the assassins might have transported him in the Animus 2.0 to their hideout, then put him in a more advanced animus that is better equiped to stabilize desmonds mind

Agentbarto
10-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so sure about that, there will be a new ancestor, and the current nexus (basically a bridge) only works between Altair, Ezio and Desmond. So to say that Desmond can control a bridge between he and an ancestor that have only begun to synch is kind of tricky at least given how I infer the nexus to work. The only real reason a nexus needs to be created is because Desmond has synchronized with his ancestors so deeply that the Animus is confusing all three genomes.

dxsxhxcx
10-04-2011, 07:44 PM
this thread is a little old but since this information wasn't posted here yet, in the teaser trailer we are able to see the Animus version, it'll be the Animus 2.8 or something like that..

EDIT: Animus version 2.03

naran6142
10-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so sure about that, there will be a new ancestor, and the current nexus (basically a bridge) only works between Altair, Ezio and Desmond. So to say that Desmond can control a bridge between he and an ancestor that have only begun to synch is kind of tricky at least given how I infer the nexus to work. The only real reason a nexus needs to be created is because Desmond has synchronized with his ancestors so deeply that the Animus is confusing all three genomes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well its possible that desmonds mind will now be able to separate himself from his ancestors, so maybe they will use the animus to find the next ancestor but after that desmond will be able to control it without being effected by the bleeding effect

they hinted at desmond being able to control his genetic memory in AC2

Agentbarto
10-04-2011, 07:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agentbarto:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so sure about that, there will be a new ancestor, and the current nexus (basically a bridge) only works between Altair, Ezio and Desmond. So to say that Desmond can control a bridge between he and an ancestor that have only begun to synch is kind of tricky at least given how I infer the nexus to work. The only real reason a nexus needs to be created is because Desmond has synchronized with his ancestors so deeply that the Animus is confusing all three genomes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well its possible that desmonds mind will now be able to separate himself from his ancestors, so maybe they will use the animus to find the next ancestor but after that desmond will be able to control it without being effected by the bleeding effect

they hinted at desmond being able to control his genetic memory in AC2 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That first part seems plausible but I'm thinking that is more like the vision Desmond had of Altair in AC II.

Also is that the hint you're referring to? 'Cause I'm skeptical of whether his mind is actually in "control"

naran6142
10-04-2011, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Agentbarto:
That first part seems plausible but I'm thinking that is more like the vision Desmond had of Altair in AC II.

Also is that the hint you're referring to? 'Cause I'm skeptical of whether his mind is actually in "control"

when the team was talking about the bleeding effect, shaun mentions it would be a bad thing if he could control it, but no one has to this point

to me that was sorta hinting that desmond would have some kind of control over the bleeding effect and his genetic memory

Agentbarto
10-04-2011, 08:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Agentbarto:

when the team was talking about the bleeding effect, shaun mentions it would be a bad thing if he could control it, but no one has to this point

to me that was sorta hinting that desmond would have some kind of control over the bleeding effect and his genetic memory </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can get on board with that. The Bleeding Effect can be seen as a product of synchronization. However, I still think that because it's a new ancestor the nexus is strictly between Desmond and specific ancestors. So the animus has a definition of Desmond when comparing him to the other two ancestors but when you compare him to a new variable (ancestor #3) none of that has any bearing because you have a reshuffling of Desmond's psyche with the new ancestor's persona.

LightRey
10-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Damn you Escher and your nature defying art inspired by Sir Roger Penrose!