PDA

View Full Version : x52 problems

Krismorrow
02-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Just recently bought a X52 new off the net.. Infact I just got it yesterday.

Played it for about 30min and noticed all of a sudden the stick would start strobing and would go on and off on and off.. so i put it into a diffrent USB port and it seemd to do the trick.

Well now today im getting the same thing. Wondering if this is a problem other people have had with SAitek or if its just me.. Its not like my computer is underpowered as im at 750w

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Make sure the cord between the throttle and stick fits tightly. You may want to post on the saitek forums, their support hangs around and is pretty good about helping out.

frior-one
02-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Are you sure you have not mapped/pressed the "I" button on the throttle which is the "Clutch" buton. When pressed can strobe the lights to indicate that you can re-set them on the fly?

Capt.LoneRanger
02-13-2008, 06:28 AM
That happens to me, too. The fency lights on the X45 need a lot of power and when I have all USB-ports used, I usually get flashing lights on the stick after restarting my PC. You can simply unplug and replug them again, then it will work.

If you connect it to different ports, you have to be sure it's recognized correctly. Sometimes you need to reinstall drivers.

It's not the PU of your PC that is the problem, it's your board that has to transfer it to the periphery. It's even worse if you have things like scanners or printers connected with a very long cable or if you use a memory stick.

Lucius_Esox
02-13-2008, 01:01 PM
That happens to me, too. The fency lights on the X45 need a lot of power and when I have all USB-ports used, I usually get flashing lights on the stick after restarting my PC. You can simply unplug and replug them again, then it will work.

If you connect it to different ports, you have to be sure it's recognized correctly. Sometimes
you need to reinstall drivers.

It's not the PU of your PC that is the problem, it's your board that has to transfer it to the periphery. It's even worse if you have things like scanners or printers connected with a very long cable or if you use a memory stick.

Just answered a question for me I didn't even ask lol.. Now I know why that happens.. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Krismorrow
02-13-2008, 04:59 PM
So then should I be alarmed by this and notify the Ebay guy who I purchased this from

Or a farley common thing with no longterm problems?