PDA

View Full Version : Are you serious?

Ajesto
07-01-2009, 11:41 AM
I played through the story mode, seemed fine, was entertaining, very little problems, noone to mention actually.

Then I head over to the multiplayer part, then all I get is connection timeout, login error, kicks,, constant laggs, unable to connect and to top it off "You wont be able to play online with this profile" Are you kidding me?

I've played 1 good match, and the rest has been hell and impossible to play!
Seriously, when you make a game, which the story mode is completed in 3 hours, and you advertise that kind of multiplayer gaming, make sure it works. I feel ripped off!

EDIT: now I cant even logg on to the Internett lobby at all!

Dr.Strooi
07-01-2009, 11:58 AM
2 Days ago there where no servers available, so I contacted Ubisoft abaut this.
Yesterday the problem was gone and a played a few multiplayer games without any problems.
Today the game won't connect and I recieved the following answer from Ubisoft:

-------------------------------------------------
Hello ...

Unfortunately we have no Online cd keys available ... The license for Online gaming is held by Microsoft, so get in contact with them and see if they can help you further.

We have been informed by Microsoft that the on-line play is no longer available, this particular title was released within their budget exclusive range and Microsoft are no longer providing on-line access.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Ubisoft do not support the Online gaming, only the off line...

If you, the customer feel you have been sold an incomplete game you should return this back to the distributor/retailer and possibly have a word with Microsoft.

Apologies for the inconvenience...

Kind Regards
Ubisoft Technical Support
----------------------------------------------

grimscyth
07-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Yeah I have the same damn problem I keep getting connection timed out. This is ridiculous I bought the game just for the multiplayer because it looked good now I read everywhere it's not working. Seriously epic fail...

Ajesto
07-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Im on pc thou, I hope that was meant for xbox? else im gonna be ****ed off!

How can they say its microsoft, I can understand if xbox live is down, but seriously, they should fix this **** on pc.

Can anyone of you connect to the internett lobby on pc?

Dr.Strooi
07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
The answer I got from them (posted above) is about the PC version.

Ajesto
07-01-2009, 12:13 PM
WHAT? I dont get it, if they wrote that, they should loose their right to make pc games, because this is totaly ******ed.

sleepingcobra
07-01-2009, 12:13 PM
Dr. Strooi are you sure that's real? That just doesn't seem possible. How come the multiplayer for COJ is still working fine?

And no - I still have not been provided a new serial number to play online.

Ajesto
07-01-2009, 12:17 PM
I dident need the serial UNTIL I was going online.
This game has no protection, so you dont need your serial until you are gonna play online, I actually played the whole story mode without even looking at the serial.

So what are you on about when you say "online serial" I dont get it?

Dr.Strooi
07-01-2009, 12:22 PM
@sleepingcobra: Can you connect to a PC multiplayergame right now? 'Cause I can't log in.

@Ajesto: I don't know why they talk about an online serial. I didn't ask about it.

@sleepingcobra: If I'm sure? It's an answer from teh regular UBI helpdesk. But a really strange one if you ask me.

AlkoZonder
07-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Can anyone of you connect to the internett lobby on pc?
nope...
->you wont be able to play online with this profile<-
now itīs absurdly not funny http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

sleepingcobra
07-01-2009, 12:25 PM
I downloaded the game through GameStop for my PC. After the download completed I installed the game. After I installed the game I had to enter a "CD Key" provided in an email to activate the game. When I got into the game, I went to play in multiplayer immediately (it's why I bought this game). In order to get into the multiplayer lobby, it asks that you provide a "serial number." The "serial number" is usually the same thing as a "CD Key." So I entered the "CD Key" - but it didn't work. So I can't get into the multiplayer lobby.

UBI is recognizing that this is a real problem. I'm not just confused or making this up.

sleepingcobra
07-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Now that people who couldplay online can't even play online - it sounds like something that would happen if UBI were "resetting" the serial keys so that this doesn't happen again. It sounds like they were supposed to provide separate serial numbers and CD keys with every game - but didn't. Hopefully they quickly issue a new set of serial numbers for all of us.

Dr.Strooi
07-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Got an update, just 1 minute ago:

--------------------------------------------
Hello ...

MY apologies ... I have sent out a wrong reply to you totally !!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)) Another game with another issue... getting tired http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The game has just been released ... and there are a few reports that people has issues with internet connections... So possibly there suddenly will be more people on the net to play with you...

So if you could just bare with this a day or 2 and there should be more gamers out there...

Let me tough know how it goes....

Kind Regards

Phew, sounds better than the first message.

Ajesto
07-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Is anyone actually online? I mean I was online 2 hours ago, not its totaly dead

Aionion88
07-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Cannot log in to internet lobby.

I'm on a PC.

Dr.Strooi
07-01-2009, 12:39 PM
I informed the man about the login problem. If I recieve an answer I'll post it here right away.

Ajesto
07-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Good, but this is still sad http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

El_Tabarnacos
07-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Just wait one or two days guys !

Dr.Strooi
07-01-2009, 01:10 PM
Still had no answer, but the Multiplayer is working again. I'm online right now.

DrImpossible
07-01-2009, 01:13 PM
I've been having problems too but I'm on now.

Dot-empire
07-02-2009, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Strooi:
Got an update, just 1 minute ago:

--------------------------------------------
Hello ...

MY apologies ... I have sent out a wrong reply to you totally !!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)) Another game with another issue... getting tired http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

The game has just been released ... and there are a few reports that people has issues with internet connections... So possibly there suddenly will be more people on the net to play with you...

So if you could just bare with this a day or 2 and there should be more gamers out there...

Let me tough know how it goes....

Kind Regards

Phew, sounds better than the first message.

Very few issues with online? I hear and read everywhere => Problems connecting loby , Connection timed out etc....

XF1Switchman
07-02-2009, 09:35 AM
I am extremely ****ed.

I played Call of Juarez more than 90% of all who have played Call of Juarez and bought COJ2 only for multiplayer.

I cannot even join 90% of the player-run servers. When there is one I can join, the max player limit is so low they are all full.

I am very ****ed at ubisoft/techland for this piece of **** multiplayer.

$54 dollars for this? Seriously? That's ****ed up.

Dr.Strooi
07-02-2009, 09:39 AM
****! (Just a test to see if you typed **** yourselve or if you typed **** and became **** automattically).
But yes, Seems you 're ****ed.

XF1Switchman
07-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Why go through all the trouble of making a game if you do not even make sure the game is strong IN THE ONLY ASPECT THE REAL CALL OF JUAREZ FANS ARE INTEREST IN!!!!

Dr.Strooi
07-02-2009, 09:47 AM
I guess when the game is a little older there will probably be enough different servers to play on. (In The Netherlands the official releasedate is today)
My experience so far is that 12 players on the multiplayer is not too little. The maps are not that big. In fact, I think the multiplayer is great.

Dot-empire
07-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Strooi:
I guess when the game is a little older there will probably be enough different servers to play on. (In The Netherlands the official releasedate is today)
My experience so far is that 12 players on the multiplayer is not too little. The maps are not that big. In fact, I think the multiplayer is great.

You live in the netherlands? I live in belgium and know people of the netherlands that have this game also. Can you please explain how the **** you made the MP in game work.. i get ALWAYS server timed out ..

antewalle
07-24-2009, 02:26 PM
This is ****ty, Seriously, been trying to connect to internetlobby all day, when i realized it didnt work i finished the game, then i tried again, still not working, anyone else experience this today?

EvolMonster
07-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Its been down since yesterday.
Do they not want people to play this game or what?!

markyturner
07-24-2009, 03:44 PM
I can't log in either. The mp connectivity of this game has been a total disgrace.

The sad thing is, when you do get a game that works, it's really good - some of the best mp I have played in ages.

A good product let down by abysmal service.

And Ubisoft can say anything they like - they have their name at the top, so the buck stops with them.

I don't understand why they don't use Steam to provide the mp this game needs... would make sense to me.

The whole thing is a crying shame.

Eric_490
07-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Techland the people who MADE THE GAME are working on a patch to fix many of the issues and the dedicated servers are in the BETA stage.

Go to callofjuarezfans.com and make an account then check out the forums to learn more about up and coming stuff for COJ:BIB

Gib007
07-24-2009, 04:18 PM
Whoa, there's hundreds of bad comments about this game's multiplayer on this forum, and I agree with all of them!
Funny thing is that there must be thousands of players who don't ever visit this forum - they must also be fuming in their pants!
We *really* need the game fixed. We are owed that much at the very least, after being kind enough to purchase it and not torrent it, which fortunately for some and unfortunately for others, is very, very easy to do these days.

ClintTheSquint
07-27-2009, 06:10 PM
Seems strange but I can always host with no problems, or very few http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif But when ever I join any other game I loose connection after 5 minutes or so http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Techland will have to do something soon at the last count there are 10220 players in the PC multiplayer game.

aziz420
07-29-2009, 08:14 PM
The reason I get games on 360 instead of pc. With 360 version i haven't had a single problem to date.

Only thing I hate is the sticky AIM...even noobs can snipe because if that.

Rider_999
08-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by aziz420:
The reason I get games on 360 instead of pc. With 360 version i haven't had a single problem to date.

Only thing I hate is the sticky AIM...even noobs can snipe because if that.

I prefer buying the console version too, mostly because it's quicker. But I haven't had problems with the MP on my PS3 too. That makes me curious because as far as I know the online features on the PS3 work the same as on the PC, unlike the 360 which has an own network. Or am I completely wrong?

vukashin
09-02-2009, 11:49 AM
What means to send a serial number where can I find it?I mean when I want to play a multiplayer!!PLEASE HELP

WillMunny18
09-08-2009, 10:27 PM
If you have the PCDVD version it should be on the back of the manual. If its through steam I have no idea.