PDA

View Full Version : AI Unlimitted Ammo?

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Hey all I just had an intersting confrontation with a 109 and wanted your thoughts. My game was set with ammunition set to limited and my opponent was skill level Ace. Now I am no Ace myself but I was in the mood for a long dogfight. The 109 quickly got behind my Hurricane and for about 5 mins he took pot shots at me. I eventually (and shortly) got on his six took a few shots and ran out of ammo. I quickly disengaged and headed for home, but the 109 wasn't finished with me! Again the 109 took shots at me for about 5 more mins...eventualy knocking me from the sky. Now while falling I was thinking, how the Hell didn't he run out of ammo! I don't know if the AI can run out of ammo in this game or not. I do know that they try to run for home sometimes, but I think this is because of other reason (damage,outnumbered, etc). Anyone know the answer? Thnx.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Hey all I just had an intersting confrontation with a 109 and wanted your thoughts. My game was set with ammunition set to limited and my opponent was skill level Ace. Now I am no Ace myself but I was in the mood for a long dogfight. The 109 quickly got behind my Hurricane and for about 5 mins he took pot shots at me. I eventually (and shortly) got on his six took a few shots and ran out of ammo. I quickly disengaged and headed for home, but the 109 wasn't finished with me! Again the 109 took shots at me for about 5 more mins...eventualy knocking me from the sky. Now while falling I was thinking, how the Hell didn't he run out of ammo! I don't know if the AI can run out of ammo in this game or not. I do know that they try to run for home sometimes, but I think this is because of other reason (damage,outnumbered, etc). Anyone know the answer? Thnx.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 05:01 PM
My understanding is:

If you select limited ammo the AI enemy gets limited ammo.

If you notice the AI usually takes short bursts. You can get a better handle on it by doing a trailing view behind an enemy AI. Ctrl+F2 is the command I think. You can enter the Ctrl+F2 several times and get behind the aircraft you want.

You can weasel off a lot good shots, if you make short bursts at better positions and distances. You can pick up on a little better targeting, if you tag along behind an enemy AI in combat for a while.

Actually, you can also learn a great deal from making tracks after you're done. Select the manual options on the replay in order to have a lot of control of the track.

----------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 05:13 PM
hi,
You`re right. The AI has unlimited ammo.

I was also flying in a hurricane followed by a bf109.
It didn`t shoot burst but the whole time.

I think that this is something for the
following patch.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 05:21 PM
The AI does not have unlimited ammo. I find they waste it, and run out long before I do.

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 06:46 PM
The AI DOES NOT have unlimited ammo! Test properly! Like the other guy says the AI simply uses his ammo more realistically. Nooby AI will waste it often, but more experienced ones, like the ACE will not be so wasteful, waiting to get in range and only shooting when he can hit (in short bursts) Listen carefully, by the time he got you he most probably was reduced to his light guns. You`ll learn as you fight them

This puts it all into perspective, /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 07:44 PM
Thnx for the replies everyone. I would assume that the AI would be limited like myself, and have witnessed certain AI fire short bursts instead of spray and pray. However I failed to mention that this particular Ace was sparying quite alot. Now I am no Ace or pro at this game but it didnt feel right at the time, but perhaps it was genuine and I am overreacting or it might be a rare bug perhaps. I will stick to the majority here because i KNOW you guys are a little more seasoned then me. Thnx again.

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 09:50 PM
Keep in mind that the early 109's had a LOT of MG ammo (about 1000 rpg.) Look at them while they're firing (an opportunity I've had all too often) and you'll see the cannon goes quiet after a while, but the MG's will keep going for quite a bit longer. Flying a 109 in QMB will also show you how long the MG's fire. Just hold the trigger down and see how long the ammo lasts. With 1.1b, these machine guns will now also do some damage (usually) and need to be respected.

Blotto

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter craft, no matter how technically advanced." - A. Galland

"Look, do you want the jets, or would you rather I slap the props back on?" - W. Messerschmitt

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Ai doesn't have unlimited ammo, I just played vs 3 Hurry Mk2, and they just dumped all their ammo shooting at my Jug, and start Screaming ":My guns are empty"... and so on That maked me notice : My jug took some serious number of hits from thpse 7.62, But they seemed to have no effect, tough, only some scatches, but no licking fuel or anything...

<center>"The show must go on..."<center>
<center>http://www.btinternet.com/~jj_b/vaw/images/iar81t.jpg </center>
<center>A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great'
landing is one after which they can use the plane again<center>