PDA

View Full Version : 4.01 wont let me fly single missions, any ideas?

Dr...Watson
08-21-2005, 08:39 AM
See my previous post.

Multiplayer did work, quick start did work, but when I load a single mission or campaign I see my aircraft in F2 view but can't get in the cockpit. If I load that mission and add another aircraft and select as player, then its ok.

Edit "Now after re-installing I cant get in the cockpit in any mission, great!" Back to the drawing board.

I re.installed the lot, the correct sequence, I tested each stage and found the problem happened only after installing 4.01!

Is there any fix, any way to unistall 4.01. What should I do, I have already wasted a whole afternoon trying to fix it.

I just noticed it mentions not to install using 2 drives, it worked for me, surely that cant be the reason since I only have this problem after 4.01 Looks like I will do it all again, the day is shot anyway

VW-IceFire
08-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Well tell us the order of patches, which patches you used, and what the filesize of those patches are.

Dr...Watson
08-21-2005, 10:06 AM
I checked that

FB
AEP
PF
3.03m
4.01m

I have just downloaded 3.03 and 4.01 again.

I will install from a single drive and see what happens.

Dr...Watson
08-21-2005, 12:16 PM
I just got it going.

No idea what was wrong before as I did the same install twice today and second time it work. (after downloading both patches again).

One must have been corrupt or something.

THank god, nearly had the keyboard thru the monitor!

Back to business. THx for the advice

VW-IceFire
08-21-2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah...thats what I was getting at with file sizes. Probably a corrupt download.