PDA

View Full Version : 4.05m Full Mission Builder "Delete Key" Crash Bug.

WTE_Tigger
05-15-2006, 09:17 PM
S!

To the best of my knowledge there are two major bugs in 4.05m. One was identified as the problem that can be fixed by using the 4.04m .exe files and this fix worked for me.

However there is the "Delete Key & Backspace Key" Crash that many of us Mission builders experiance in the FMB.

100% of the time i press the delete key when editing breifings in the FMB and it crashes. Every time no matter what. Maybe 10% of the time I press the backspace key it does the same thing.

So there is a seperate FMB BUG that should be fixed ASAP. Please understand these are not that same bug as the apparant memory crash caused when you use the bastardised .exe files supplied with the uncleaned boontybox version of 4.05m. I replaced the 4.05m exe's and solved one problem, but the FMB Bug continues to be a issue.

As i spend a lot of time making new missions as many of us do, this is a substantialy annoying problem and spoils for many of us a large part of the enjoyment we have. Please fix it ASAP.

Regards

WTE Tigger

ivankuturkokoff
05-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Tigger.

Oleg is aware of this bug and it is being addressed. It is awkward and not everybody is getting this bug, though I think the majority of us do.

Some workarounds are to do any editing in the properties file.

Another alternative is to build and edit the mission in 4.04 (as long as you dont want Human Flyable PE2s) then copy iot to 4.05.

-HH- Beebop
05-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by ivankuturkokoff:
...Some workarounds are to do any editing in the properties file.
Another way around this until the fix is Shift_E's Quick Mission Tuner which allows editing the briefings. I wouldn't be surprised if some other programs would as well.

Another alternative is to build and edit the mission in 4.04 (as long as you dont want Human Flyable PE2s) then copy iot to 4.05.
Could you put the Pe-2 in the 4.04 mission and when transffered into the 4.05 version it would become flyable?

Aviar
05-19-2006, 09:45 PM
Could you put the Pe-2 in the 4.04 mission and when transffered into the 4.05 version it would become flyable?

Yes.

Aviar

WTE_Tigger
05-23-2006, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback, as long as Oleg and crew are aware of it and it's being addressed. It is very annoying though http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

|ZUTI|
05-29-2006, 04:39 AM
This bug appears only if you try do delete spaces. At least that's what i came to find out. If i tried to delete some emptly lines in my text, it would crash. So i always pit . or something like that at the end of the space(s) and select area that i want to delete (same as in all editors) and just press delete key.

Works fine. No crashes.

-HH- Beebop
05-29-2006, 07:10 AM
It's still an annoying bug!
One thing, it gets you to hit the 'Save' key more often and that's not a bad thing.

Thanks for the workaround |ZUTI| until this bug is fixed.