PDA

View Full Version : Oleg: this is what BnZ AI should look like

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 10:22 PM
Dear Oleg & team; I was inspired by a track I saw on the net and so I have produced one myself where I'm going to show you how the AI should handle BnZ airplanes like the 109.

In the track I pitted myself against an ace-level Yak 9k on full real minus external views (so that I can show the damage I inflict to the poor chap), my self being on a 109 k4, on the Moscow map in winter so that the enemy is visible against the ground.

I have been using cam 2 pan (TrackIR lookalike) so that's why you see the view move so often.

In short, instead of the current AI that wastes whatever advantage of speed or altitude it had accumulated, you should try to implement such very very easy maneuvering into the game. It's all a matter of keeping the bird fast and shooting straight.. The simple BnZ maneuver I did is perfectly repeatable and works against most allied planes.

It's annoying to see ace level 109 lose fight to average I-16..

The track:
http://80.205.59.83:8080/weblank/shared/res/companies/-1863893114392849130/attach/109vsyak9k.zip

XyZspineZyX
09-14-2003, 10:22 PM
Dear Oleg & team; I was inspired by a track I saw on the net and so I have produced one myself where I'm going to show you how the AI should handle BnZ airplanes like the 109.

In the track I pitted myself against an ace-level Yak 9k on full real minus external views (so that I can show the damage I inflict to the poor chap), my self being on a 109 k4, on the Moscow map in winter so that the enemy is visible against the ground.

I have been using cam 2 pan (TrackIR lookalike) so that's why you see the view move so often.

In short, instead of the current AI that wastes whatever advantage of speed or altitude it had accumulated, you should try to implement such very very easy maneuvering into the game. It's all a matter of keeping the bird fast and shooting straight.. The simple BnZ maneuver I did is perfectly repeatable and works against most allied planes.

It's annoying to see ace level 109 lose fight to average I-16..

The track:
http://80.205.59.83:8080/weblank/shared/res/companies/-1863893114392849130/attach/109vsyak9k.zip

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 02:30 PM
Sorry a little bump.. I want this thread to stay in page one for today so that dev team may see it. Thanks for reading!