PDA

View Full Version : SeeWolves

aurgolo
11-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Dear Friends, I had no more news about seewolves.

Has it been released?
Is it definitely made of stolen mods? Or not?
Or maybe some mods are stolen and others are new?

Does anyone know something about it?

Ciao a tutti

andrea

wizzard019
11-24-2005, 09:09 AM
Yeah seen that Add-on here in Austria too,whats its all about?is it good?Or is it just a collection of mods?

aurgolo
11-24-2005, 09:18 AM
I did not see it in italy yet

Anyway I think it is a collection of stolen mods (maybe not all stolen but good part for sure)

Boudewijn19991
11-24-2005, 09:35 AM
it's just a collection of stolen mods. Why do you think a lot of people have an image under their reply with boycot X1 software on it. Don't buy seawolves support the modcommunity. Why pay for free mods.

bunkerratt
11-24-2005, 12:17 PM
any mod in seawolves you can get for free at a few different sites like subsim or uboot.realsimulation.com if you need to spend a few bucks just contribute to the site insted .. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

aurgolo
11-24-2005, 12:35 PM
Ok, good

I think that things are clear now.
The only thing is that I have no time in installing and finding mods.
Do you know a quick way to do that?

Thank you for your support

ciao

andrea

bunkerratt
11-24-2005, 01:00 PM
ok..the first thing to get in my honest opinionis the jonesoft mod enabler ..and read the readme as always before installing ..it's pretty painless ..good luck

TheRealWulfmann
11-24-2005, 03:59 PM
Number 1: There are no stolen mods on Seawolves.

2; Many or most of the mods on Seawolves can not be DLed anywhere.

The problem was besides making there own mods they were going to add free mods as an addition assuming they were free and it was OK.
Really, that was dumb.
But, that set off a serious war in our community which got out of hand and many just never got over it.

Seawolves got permission to use some of those in this add on and removed others that the original mod maker did not give permission.
Most mods are actuually copyrighted UBI material so even the mod makers do not have real permission.
Seawolves does have permission from UBI for their mods.

I prefer to use freeware mods and make most myself being a mod maker but for those that do not have the time or inclanation Seawolves is an alternative.

If you feel the original intention was improper then do not get Seawolves but to say the mods on it are stolen is blatantly inaccurate

Don't suport X-1 if you chose, fine. but, don't support lies about the subject either. Do what suits you but keep your head down as the anti-X-1 crowd can be a little strong.

Wulfmann

larrypenner67
11-24-2005, 05:50 PM
I bought it. I was getting a bit tired of SH3, and I was nervous about just trying random mods.. so this kinda seemed like a middle ground for me. So far so good.. I like the milk cow idea, i've had a couple patrols over 100,000 tons now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Also this mod adds a lot of atlantic action, and adds harbors in canada, NY and boston etc. Milk cows are not far off from there so you don't have to go all the way home to get more weapons and fuel.

Also there are GATO missions in the pacific in here which are good fun. Makes me ready for SH4 now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kaleun1961
11-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by aurgolo:
Ok, good

I think that things are clear now.
The only thing is that I have no time in installing and finding mods.
Do you know a quick way to do that?

Thank you for your support

ciao

andrea

You have no time to download or install mods, but you want a quick way to do that. Those are incompatible aims. It's like asking it to rain but not get anything wet. You either invest the time to install mods or you do without, it's that simple, unless you know someone who can come over to your house and do all that work for you.

aurgolo
11-25-2005, 02:23 AM
I know it is not easy to install mods, and for that reason I am ready to pay for an add on like seawolves. At the same time I do not want to give money to people who stole other people's work....
Why the mods community do not prepare a collection of mods easy to install (like seawolves) and sell it and share the income?

HW3
11-25-2005, 03:02 AM
Why don't you use JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler or JSGME to install mods? It can't be simpler to use it, just unzip the mod, take the folder and drop it in the mod folder, click a button or two and your done.

aurgolo
11-25-2005, 06:08 AM
Ok I promise that I will do that.

Last step: where do I find a set of "suggested" mods to install (or the best ones in general)?

thank you again

ciao

andrea

wizzard019
11-25-2005, 07:04 AM
To Lrrypenner67: So you think its kinda good stuff,just want to know cause it cost bout 24 Euro here and thats quite a lot of money for something that isn't really good..

TheRealWulfmann
11-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by aurgolo:
At the same time I do not want to give money to people who stole other people's work....
Why the mods community do not prepare a collection of mods easy to install (like seawolves) and sell it and share the income?

The mods are not stolen and most are by X-1 with the others by permission of the mod maker.

The reason the mod makers cannot sell the mods is most mods are modifications of UBI copyrighted material. You must have permission from UBI to sell mods of their work.
X-1 (Seawolves) has permission and to my knowledge they are the only ones that do.

Wulfmann