PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Among the Assassins

Lxndr77
11-25-2007, 09:59 PM
As soon as you come out of Masyaf (Assassin stronghold) and are approaching the 1st viewpoint if you use your eagle vision you will see a fellow assassin highlighted red while the others are blue.

Is this one of the guys who helped the Templars get in at the beginning? I've killed him and all that happens is the rest of the assassins attack me and the victim respawns at a later time. Do I have to do something prior to killing him or is this just some quirk of the game?

menasor
11-25-2007, 10:04 PM
i got that guy as well. no idea what thats about.

Lxndr77
11-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Maybe Ubisoft can explain

DeAdLy2323
11-25-2007, 10:09 PM
probably just some random thing, is he outside the city gate or inside, because if he is outside i can see why he would be red instead of blue

menasor
11-25-2007, 10:14 PM
outside Musayaf. once ya leave the area and head into the Kingdom you can see him. on the right of the path, dead body on the ground. Assassin clan member standing over it, with another walking towards him.

the one walking over is the one thats red, but he too is in full Assassins gear

ensangfroid
11-26-2007, 12:36 AM
More likely than not, it's just another glitch among many.

Lxndr77
11-26-2007, 11:25 AM
if it is a glitch its the only one i've come across

Pr0metheus 1962
11-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Possibly a Templar spy. The other assassins, not having your 'Eagle Vision' wouldn't know he's a spy and would therefore think you were the aggressor.

Not saying it's a fact, but at least it's a way to look at it that makes sense.

T_Spoon_UK
11-26-2007, 11:43 AM
It's probably a glitch...

eWaster
11-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by T_Spoon_UK:
It's probably a glitch...

Very likely.

ctuagent15
11-26-2007, 01:28 PM
I've seen that guy too and I've just had a idea about him

Warning Spoiler only read if you have finished the game

highlight to read

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Could this be like one of the first guys that your master brainwashes using the artifact and/or as a hint to the player about what is going to happen at the end</span>

Just a idea I had

Lxndr77
11-28-2007, 10:50 PM
u never no

dirtybird21
11-29-2007, 05:03 PM
K, So i checked this out and it is very weird, It's always the same person and he reacts different than others... If you just look at him, He is always looking around him like someone's following him, And if he see's you, he'll turn around if you go behind him, The other guards will look at you until they can't turn their neck anymore then look away.. Also i stood next 2 a normal assassin guard for awhile, Nothing happened. Then i stood near him for awhile and all the sudden out of nowhere he attacked me and all the assassin guards started chasing me... Very interesting.

Malocchio21
11-29-2007, 09:24 PM
Could this be like one of the first guys that your master brainwashes using the artifact and/or as a hint to the player about what is going to happen at the end

Try assassinating him...maybe it's a secret achievement/mission...or maybe it's just nothing.

Cerus
11-30-2007, 11:16 AM
I found this guy today too and did kill him. Nothing happend except that I got chased by the "fellow" assassin guards. God, I loved my horse at that moment. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Tela
11-30-2007, 11:26 AM
I tried assassinating him as well. After, I blended, the other assassins did nothing, but the "awareness" started blinking red instead of yellow.

Lxndr77
11-30-2007, 11:50 AM
i replayed the 1st mission (the Traitor of Masyaf) and you ask your boss what is to become of Jamal (the guy who helped open the gate [not the guy who you bring to your master to kill]) and your master goes off on a speech about how some evil men can be saved and some cannot. Then he sends you to kill Tamir. I think this Jamal guy is the "red" assassin. Either that or some kinda glitch/easter egg. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

DriftS13
11-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Just reading some of the previous posts and I probably should be in the dummies section haha. Ok I have only started the game and I have been floating around the game just picking up flags and killing some of those soldier dudes but I dont really know what I am doing, I see on here I'm suppose to kill some dude but on the tasks list when hitting the select button it doesn't tell me who I am suppose to kill or do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Help please