PDA

View Full Version : Finding targets in-game

cmason089
10-17-2007, 09:29 PM
Got a quick question that may sound ******ed. I'm used to other combat sims where the target or waypoints was marked on the screen somewhere. Sort of some idicator on the screen pointing you in the right direction. Is there anything like this in IL-2? Aircraft are hard to identify unless you're close up, and of course ground targets are nearlly impossible for me right now. I know it sounds like a noob question, but it's just something that would be helpful as I'm learning this game.

Skunk_438RCAF
10-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Hit Bearcat's Nugget's Guide. Its a sticky right up top of this section.

This games does have what you ask for, but only with the cockpit turned off (wonderwoman view) and icons turned on.

cmason089
10-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Damn, that sucks. I like having the cockpit view on.

Skunk_438RCAF
10-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Well this game is more immersive than say, CFS3. It doesnt have a radar on screen.

One thing you CAN do is turn "map icons" on when you are playing. That way you can pop up the map(M key) and see where your targets are. You can do that until you get used to how this game works.

Xiolablu3
10-17-2007, 10:33 PM
You can padlock enemy ground tagets which are close using the 'F7'key as long as you have externals turned on in the settings. (You dont have to use externals tho)

Keep tapping F7 to cycle through them.

I really recommend you leave externals on for the time being as you learn the game, but thats just a personal opinon.

Ukdedicated2 server is one of the few servers to have 'cockpit always on' and also externals on. So you can also play online with these settings and attack the ground targets and win the map for your team. (each team has ground targets to destroy in order to win the map) Bombers are well respected online! (its a tough dangerous job but very rewarding!)

The F6 key will also padlock close enemy planes.