PDA

View Full Version : Tactic

KokoszHull
02-04-2005, 04:20 PM
First,hi to all.

I've got a little tactical question. How can I destroy the bombers effective ?

And second - what is radiator for ??

Thx for answers.

KokoszHull
02-04-2005, 04:20 PM
First,hi to all.

Thx for answers.

Latico
02-04-2005, 04:48 PM
Depends on the type of bomber your attacking. Torpedo/dive bombers are probably better approached from above, or from underneath, or the side. Those back seat gunners can eat you up.

Medium and heavy bombers are probably better to be attacked from the front, aiming at the cockpit. bomb and zoom from anywhere but their direct six.

Radiaters? some aircraft had water cooled engines, same as most cars. The radiater was the cooling system.

cwojackson
02-04-2005, 04:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KokoszHull:
First,hi to all.

Thx for answers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I can't really you a definative answer regarding the bombers, so let me try with the radiator.

There are basically two types of aircraft engines, air cooled radials (the round looking engines) and water cooled (the pointy looking engines).

The water cooled engines use a radiator to cool the engine. The radiator is a mesh like grill that the hot coolent water from the engine is circulated through. The forward momentum of the aircraft force air through that grill which in turn cools the water inside...keeping the engine cool.

A bullet through the radiator is almost sure to cause the coolent to leak out, which will cause the engine to over heat and either seize up or possible catch fire.

I hope that helps regarding the radiator.

FoolTrottel
02-04-2005, 05:02 PM
EDIT: started typing this before I saw previous posters, it's double info, still might add a thing or two!

Hi Kokos!

Destroy bombers effectively?
Stay fast, go for a head-on pass. Make dives from above, or, depending on defensive gunnery of the bomber, high speed from below.

What you should never do (but, what the Fool will always keep trying) is get on their six and pepper away.. you'll surely get some damage...
Keep out of their defensive gunners, and aim for vulnerable parts (cockpit, engine)

Radiator?
The radiator is used in water cooled airplanes to cool the engine. If an engine don't get cooled, it get's hot, and hotter, untill it seizes. It's like central heating, a central unit (the engine) heats water/fluid, the hot fluid is being transported to a radiator (throug some pipes) that cools the fluid by the air flowing round it. There's a pump involved too.
So, if your radiator get's a hit, it start to leak, losing fluid, thus making cooling of the engine no longer possible, thus seizing up the engine.....

Have fun!

Tully__
02-04-2005, 06:35 PM
Air cooled engines usually have radiators too (though much smaller) to cool the engine oil.