PDA

View Full Version : Why?

BLC_Sky
07-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi all,

If played Myst with a friend, and he is total mad of it. In every sentence he uses the word Myst, so my question to you is:

"What makes Myst a must buy?"

Ive tryed to ask him, but he is still playing and not responding :S

BLC_Sky
07-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Hi all,

If played Myst with a friend, and he is total mad of it. In every sentence he uses the word Myst, so my question to you is:

"What makes Myst a must buy?"

Ive tryed to ask him, but he is still playing and not responding :S

Coronagold
07-24-2005, 07:39 PM
You might want to ask his warden. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

I don't even know which Myst game you're talking about.

Myst
Riven
Exile
Uru
Revelations

Be a little more specific. Thank you.

Boyue65
07-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Welp, the core of it is free exploration without the fear of any kind of negative stimulation, such as defeat or real setbacks.

Naquiel
07-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Well Boyue65, i wouldnt say that there isnt any negative effects or setbacks. I wonder how you felt in Myst 3 when you let the bad guy out to soon and he would come up and whack you in the head with a hammer and you would have to start back at where you last saved(wich could of been back a bit). Made me mad when i got got the smack down with that blunt object, but i had fun through the game itself.

compucat35
07-25-2005, 05:41 AM
What makes Myst a must buy? I think part of it is also the fact that you can play a game devoid of massive violence. Granted, some of the endings can be a little scary for younger kids, but overall you can play a game to THINK and ENJOY.

Too many games have as their objective to blow everything onscreen up before they blow you up. Now, every year, they just add fancier graphics and a new plot. It's still the same thing though. At least Myst lets you be immersed in beautiful worlds and lets you use your head instead of your keyboard (mangree puzzle the exception!)

Lastly, there's a rich storyline. Even without the puzzles, the story alone makes me want to see how it all turns out.

That's why I must buy Myst.