//Spoilers//
\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\
//Spoilers//
\\\\\\\\\\\
\\\\\\\\\\\\
//Spoilers//
\\\\\\\\\\\

I came up with my own conclusion about the intention of the Templars. I will start from the very beginning.

We all know by now that Desmond is related to Altair, Ezio and Adam. My conclusion is based on what Subject 16 has given us in the end of Assassin Creed and in Assassin Creed 2.

It is true that the modern day Templars are looking for the artifact, however since they discovered the existence of ''Those who came before'' they wanted more.

''Those who came before where also made out of flesh and blood'' like Mivera states to Ezio, however there kind does not longer exist out of flesh and bones. There kind are now considered divine.

The Templars know about them since Ezio, also Vidic states at the end ''Do you not know, Those who came before''.

There plan is simple, they want to become immortal, and divine. To be able to cleanse the world with immense power and with technoligy not known to mankind.

Subject 16 was special to them, he was a direct decendent of Ezio who played a huge part in there plans. What they did not know untill now was that he is also a direct decendent of Adam. Who was the first human given the power of freedom, a mixture between human D.N.A and ''Those who came before''.

Knowing this they put Subject 16 to the maximum. Like they said, he would sometimes be days in the Animus. Driving him insane, and eventually leading to his suicide. However he knew that he has a near kin, Desmond.

Subject 16 also knew that the Templars would do anything to get there hands on Desmond. He had no choice but to drain his blood, and leave crypted clues. Also in Creed 2, he left the most important one. The Truth.

Now I was thinking how would the templars get any information about ''those who came before''.

Well, there is practicly one possiblity which has been giving aswell. Use Desmond to go all the way back to Adam. Start the revolution, and get the data needed to create this new technoligy.

There are also a whole lot of other theories which add up. Illuminatie, Free Mason, 2012 etc, which are being used in Assassin Creed 2. I hope to solve them all.

Peace guys.

Fairus60
05-15-2010, 08:04 PM
I congratulate you for coming with such conclusions, I thought something similar, but didnt had clear ideas. Well, for what we know now, if their plan succeeds, indeed theey´d be like gods, since they would be the only ones with free will