PDA

View Full Version : Manuvering at night out of base

drbones99
03-18-2005, 06:21 PM
I feel like a dope, but I can never find my way out of base when leaving at night without hitting something. Any tips? Thanks in advance.

archer49d
03-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Wilhelmshaven, don't turn or do anything until you clear the breakwater (light towers)

Kiel, do a 20 degree turn starboard after exiting the pen and wait until you clear the breakwater.

Wolfar777
03-18-2005, 07:05 PM
At Kiel do you mean after clearing the pen area hug the east coast? If I go 20 deg to starboard after leaving the pen I will hit a wall. I hit a sandbar in the strait just after leaving the pen area last night and it ticket me off! Flooding before I even cleared harbor! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

microamp
03-18-2005, 07:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by drbones99:
I feel like a dope, but I can never find my way out of base when leaving at night without hitting something. Any tips? Thanks in advance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another thing you might be able to do is shoot some starburst from the deck gun to help navigate out some. Then hit F5 and plot your course.