PDA

View Full Version : Z-Tweaked v82.12 Nvidia driver

ZappaTime
01-20-2006, 03:55 PM
I recently installed the Z-Tweaked v82.12 Nvidia driver; I usually stay clear of tweaked drivers but there were so many positive comments on Guru3D's forum that I took the plunge (I was about to install the normal 82.12 anyway).

This driver is apparently tweaked for performance and FB/PF had less micro-stutters, I also thought the realistic clouds looked better than previous drivers. Image quality is excellent considering these drivers were tweaked for performance.

The benefits to other games were far more dramatic, especially FEAR, which in heavy firefights lost all stuttering and micro-pauses and I felt it was totally transformed. BF2 also lost some stuttering. Guild Wars had a graphical anomally with 'patchwork' landscape textures and this disappeared after installing the new driver. GT Legends has also never run smoother.

All in all this is definitely the only Nvidia driver I've tried in the last year or so (and that's a lot, with the rate beta and WHQL drivers appear) that I've actually thought 'Wow! that's a significant improvement' (especially on FEAR).

Highly Recommended. Get the Z-Tweaked v82.12 driver and /or read the forum on the driver at www.guru3d.com (http://www.guru3d.com). Every game I've tried seems to benefit from this driver, so far there's been no drawbacks.

[PC Spec: Athlon 2600/BFG 256Mb 6800GT-OC/1Gb ram/Audigy 2/Win XP]

ZappaTime
01-20-2006, 03:55 PM
I recently installed the Z-Tweaked v82.12 Nvidia driver; I usually stay clear of tweaked drivers but there were so many positive comments on Guru3D's forum that I took the plunge (I was about to install the normal 82.12 anyway).

This driver is apparently tweaked for performance and FB/PF had less micro-stutters, I also thought the realistic clouds looked better than previous drivers. Image quality is excellent considering these drivers were tweaked for performance.

The benefits to other games were far more dramatic, especially FEAR, which in heavy firefights lost all stuttering and micro-pauses and I felt it was totally transformed. BF2 also lost some stuttering. Guild Wars had a graphical anomally with 'patchwork' landscape textures and this disappeared after installing the new driver. GT Legends has also never run smoother.

All in all this is definitely the only Nvidia driver I've tried in the last year or so (and that's a lot, with the rate beta and WHQL drivers appear) that I've actually thought 'Wow! that's a significant improvement' (especially on FEAR).

Highly Recommended. Get the Z-Tweaked v82.12 driver and /or read the forum on the driver at www.guru3d.com (http://www.guru3d.com). Every game I've tried seems to benefit from this driver, so far there's been no drawbacks.

[PC Spec: Athlon 2600/BFG 256Mb 6800GT-OC/1Gb ram/Audigy 2/Win XP]