PDA

View Full Version : Versions of the Game

falco223
03-19-2007, 09:33 PM
I have seen a lot about 3 different versions of the game. I preordered from the preorder link from the offical SH4 site, what version is that?
How do I order the other 2 versions and are they available in the U.S.? Can someone explain the 3 versions.
Thanks

falco223
03-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Would someone answer?

banzai_billy
03-20-2007, 01:23 PM
There's probably a shelf version, and a version shipped to other online stores i.e. Amazon, Subsim, etc.

cwhense
03-20-2007, 05:57 PM
I think everyone will ge the same version of the game, unless you are talking about the bundles offers for preorders. I think there was 3 diffent online orders for limited sets.

The US one which included a DVD movies about subs, manuals printed on paper and a posters.
The international deluxe set which included alot of stuff limited to 3000 units. Then there is a britain only one also I don't know what it included, the game is the smae in all of them I would think but the extras are diffent.

I ordered the US and the international versions.
hey I got 2 computers I play games on, I buy two of most games I play for both.

VikingGrandad
03-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Read the "SH4 Complete Packaging & Shipping Info!" sticky thread.

falco223
03-20-2007, 09:58 PM
thanks

JerryHero
11-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by falco223:
I have seen a lot about 3 different versions of the game. I preordered from the preorder link from the offical SH4 site, what version is that?
How do I order the other 2 versions and are they available in the U.S.? Can someone explain the 3 versions.
Thanks

I think everyone will ge the same version of the game, unless you are talking about the bundles offers for preorders. I think there was 3 diffent online orders for limited sets.

The US one which included a DVD movies about subs, manuals printed on paper and a posters.
The international deluxe set which included alot of stuff limited to 3000 units. Then there is a britain only one also I don't know what it included, the game is the smae in all of them I would think but the extras are diffent.

I ordered the US and the international versions.
hey I got 2 computers I play games on, I buy two of most games I play for both.{QUOTE}

I believe there are two shelf versions in the US, at least at Wal-Mart. One has a red disk label, and a manual. The other has a gray disk label, a manual, map, recognition guide, and DVD movies. The red version apparently requires only one patch, since that's all I had to download, but then I took it back and got the other gray version, because a co-worker had it, which is how I found out I had no map, etc. and that one required him to download 3 patches. I put the gray one in and it runs fine with the install from the red one, but there are some features that don't work (grayed out) such as the option to rescue survivors, etc. And I can't find any version info on the disks, packaging or in the game. I thought maybe the gray one was an add-on to the red, since it says "bonus disk" but it has the game too, so it's not an expansion. Any solid answer from the developers?