PDA

View Full Version : possibility to fly a B29

vikingo75
03-26-2006, 04:30 AM
If I load a b29 in the FMB, it's impossible to fly it because of missing cockpit.. are these cockpits available anywhere?

Beaufort-RAF
03-26-2006, 05:00 AM
No.

The IL2 series doesn't have an open architecture (like the Microsoft sims for example).

New content is only issued in official expansions & pathches.

There is absolutely no prospect of a flyable B29.

steve_v
03-26-2006, 06:34 AM
IL-2 Loader (Fly AI Aircraft) IL2/FB/AEP

This utility allows users of IL2 Sturmovik to preview aircraft not normally flyable, albeit from an external view only. This was a feature used during the beta testing stage of the simulation and allowed testing ordinance and flight behaviour.

http://www.airwarfare.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm#088

VF2_Sarge
03-26-2006, 07:42 AM
I think the prospect of any new American aircraft is out of the question.

dog-of-war
03-26-2006, 11:57 AM
steve_v
does the IL-2 loader work with all aircraft up to patch v4.04 ,or does that have any bearing on it(in other words will it crash ,was it designed for earlier patch/game)

Snuffy Smith
03-26-2006, 01:50 PM
Below is a an old post about this. Kami_1 did design a complete cockpit & flightstation layout for the B-29, images of which were posted on the forum for some time; but it proved too resource demanding, and the project died.

Posted Tue December 28 2004 23:23
No, it is not going to be in a free upgrade. It is too resource demanding, and it does not seem enough in demand. Just look at the small number and quality of skins for it at il2skins.com. It is very pretty, but it is boring for most players. If a 4-engine allied bomber is made flyable, it is much more likely to be a B-24, possibly a B-17. If the B-29 appears, it will be in a commercial add-on, such as ACE Expansion Pack. It comes down to a choice between 8-planes with 1-cockpit or 1-plane with 8-cockpits.

The defused or resolved comment just means that the issue of missing emails, illness of a designer, and a temporary loss of contact was long ago attended to.

I myself would dearly love to fly a 29, but it is not in the cards.

slo_1_2_3
03-26-2006, 04:01 PM
I think I'd take a b-17 over a b-29 or maybe a pby.
And I downloaded that IL-2 loader but it didn't do anything, is it because I only have pf?

Billy_BigBoy
03-27-2006, 08:00 AM
Although not flyable with a cockpit I love to fly the mighty B-29 now and than on a server.
She's able to turn an airfield into a moon landscape, she's fast and the AI gunners always take down a couple of gung ho pilots http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif