PDA

View Full Version : Please help... this is a campaign problem. I finish a mission and try to apply it and

sledgehammer2
07-10-2005, 04:40 PM
I hope someone can help me here. I have lost a BoE campaign already because I did not know what to do and just ended up deleting the pilot. Here is what is happening... I fly the mission, finsh it, and at the briefing screen where you see the summary I hit the green Apply button, and then nothing happens. I hit the Main menu button to try to make something happen but the computer seems to be locked up.

I then Crtl Alt Del to shut down and when I boot up and click on that pilot to load his career I get a totally black screen!

It just happened with a stock Luftwaffe campaign and I really don't want to lose it. Can somebody help me out here?

Regards,
sledgehammer2

sledgehammer2
07-10-2005, 04:40 PM
I hope someone can help me here. I have lost a BoE campaign already because I did not know what to do and just ended up deleting the pilot. Here is what is happening... I fly the mission, finsh it, and at the briefing screen where you see the summary I hit the green Apply button, and then nothing happens. I hit the Main menu button to try to make something happen but the computer seems to be locked up.

I then Crtl Alt Del to shut down and when I boot up and click on that pilot to load his career I get a totally black screen!

It just happened with a stock Luftwaffe campaign and I really don't want to lose it. Can somebody help me out here?

Regards,
sledgehammer2

FoolTrottel
07-10-2005, 04:55 PM
Maybe this post (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/49310655/m/314103891/r/3951085362#3951085362) can help you repair the situation?

It will not prevent it from happening again though!

Good Luck !

sledgehammer2
07-10-2005, 05:28 PM
Thanks for putting me onto this but it doesn't seem to be helping. I have been mucking around with this **** thing for awhile and trying to replace the last mission with the one before it but then when I boot the sim up and click on that pilot and try to load that career the screen just goes black. I really don't want to have to delete this career. Can anyone give me any other suggestions? Thanks.

dieg777
07-10-2005, 05:42 PM
there is a link to simhq forum which offers a more complicated solution but might work

http://www.simhq.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=006393#000000

Atomic Martin has a lot of experience with offline campaigns so he might be able to help you

With BOE and TLD and other add ons I have found you have to leave the machine alone for a while until it calculated all the variables and launches you again, do not be too impatient or as you have found out if you quit then you just muck everything up. more RAM helps , I would recommend having 1gb if you dont already have this

good luck

SeaFireLIV
07-10-2005, 05:54 PM
I think it`s a ram problem. I went from 1 gig to 1.5 gig and the problem vanished for me...

Yes, DGEN seems to be soaking up ram on Apply.

sledgehammer2
07-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Well, I've got 1 gig of RAM right now. I have never had this problem until now.

SeaFireLIV
07-10-2005, 06:14 PM
That`s my point. I never had a problem before 4.01 and I had 1 gig. I dunno, I`m just saying it like it happened. maybe DGEN 4.01 has memory leak problems.

I did talk to Starshoy and he reckoned it was lack of memory until I siad I had 1 gig and he seemed stumped. So I added 1 512 meg (cos I had it) and the problem seems to have gone.

sledgehammer2
07-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Well,

I appreciate the feedback and I read thru all these threads, but to be honest it just seemed like a major headache. I was 31 sorties into that career but I just deleted it and started another one.

Being the pessimist that I am I guess I will be lucky if I finish any of my campaigns. So you guys think that it has something to do with a memory leak?

I'm not sure I even know what that is.

FoolTrottel
07-10-2005, 11:45 PM
With 1 GB I do find that after 4.01m it takes significantly more time for it to 'work' after pressing 'apply' when a mission is finished.

It used to be instantaneous in 3.04m, but now, I just need to wait longer (may take up to a minute or so...)

Good Luck!

73GIAP_Milan
07-11-2005, 06:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SeaFireLIV:
That`s my point. I never had a problem before 4.01 and I had 1 gig. I dunno, I`m just saying it like it happened. maybe DGEN 4.01 has memory leak problems.

I did talk to Starshoy and he reckoned it was lack of memory until I siad I had 1 gig and he seemed stumped. So I added 1 512 meg (cos I had it) and the problem seems to have gone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seafire, do you really tell me that it is a LACK of RAM which causes this problem?? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif
I too have 1GB of RAM.. and i'm not really planning of adding more as i simply have no more room for it or i would have to buy a 1024 size chip..

Was there any word of this being corrected in perhaps a next patch?