PDA

View Full Version : Raised seat position.

SOB_PSP303
10-26-2004, 12:51 AM
First I would like to thank you Oleg and your team for grate work on PF. So eagerly a waited on by me since I had the pleasure of trying it and meeting you at Blackpool in June. Even getting shot down by you was a nice experience (bad joystick though).
PF is a wonderful addition to what without shadow of doubt is the best sim ever and I for one could not imagine life with out it.
However I€m dissatisfied with the fact that raised seat position view is available at any speed and altitude.
Some guys are using this view in combat to pop out and in for a better look around, something that I€m sure was not done in real life, diverting the object of full difficulty settings. My opinion is that raised seat should only be accessible when the aircraft has been configured for a landing. I know nothing of programming but I would hope that it€s not to difficult for your hard preset team to make a change so the seat rises for exp after gear is down.
I also have to agree with those that say the new US aircraft are to manoeuvrable at lower speed range but
I understand that€s a very difficult section to get perfection on with so many aircraft available.

Ones again thank you for all the hard work you have been putting in and best wishes to you and family.

Nubarus
10-26-2004, 06:26 AM
So for them it works all the time and for me it only works 1 out of a 100 times.

The toggle seat key has been assigned several times to different keys but it hardly ever works for me.

I wonder if more people have this.

Philipscdrw
10-26-2004, 10:01 AM
This is a good point. Maybe the player should get wounded if he raises his seat at higher airspeeds, as the airstream buffets him. Or if you open the canopy at high speed it gets ripped off. Or a time delay on raising and lowering the seat - I dont' know how the real seats worked, but if you have to crank a handle or something to wind the seat up then it should take longer. That woudl make it less useful.

Philipscdrw
10-26-2004, 10:02 AM
I get occasional problems with the seat raise. I'll be sitting on the carrier, waiting to take off, with the seat raised, and sometimes the view just drops back down again. I don't know why.

SOB_PSP303
10-26-2004, 10:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
I get occasional problems with the seat raise. I'll be sitting on the carrier, waiting to take off, with the seat raised, and sometimes the view just drops back down again. I don't know why. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That€s because seat up position Semmes to be on a timer but one can raise it again.
To those that use it in combat I have to say that I look on it as cheating.

Oleg_Maddox
10-27-2004, 08:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SOB_PSP303:
First I would like to thank you Oleg and your team for grate work on PF. So eagerly a waited on by me since I had the pleasure of trying it and meeting you at Blackpool in June. Even getting shot down by you was a nice experience (bad joystick though).
PF is a wonderful addition to what without shadow of doubt is the best sim ever and I for one could not imagine life with out it.
However I€m dissatisfied with the fact that raised seat position view is available at any speed and altitude.
Some guys are using this view in combat to pop out and in for a better look around, something that I€m sure was not done in real life, diverting the object of full difficulty settings. My opinion is that raised seat should only be accessible when the aircraft has been configured for a landing. I know nothing of programming but I would hope that it€s not to difficult for your hard preset team to make a change so the seat rises for exp after gear is down.
I also have to agree with those that say the new US aircraft are to manoeuvrable at lower speed range but
I understand that€s a very difficult section to get perfection on with so many aircraft available.

Ones again thank you for all the hard work you have been putting in and best wishes to you and family. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let them use it... in such position impossible to fly Ok and especially try to shoot....
However I think we can limit this function with the message "too great speed"

JG53Frankyboy
10-27-2004, 09:21 AM
i like it espacially in the Zero.
spotting groundtarget ore carriers is much easier , controlling the sky is perfekt http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
and i use it while starting never while landing.

but in combat, my seat is down , only the canopy is often opne. these 1-2seconds less time for bailing out can be a life insurance. and i need seldem max speed in a zero while turnfighting ,)

SOB_PSP303
10-27-2004, 06:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oleg_Maddox:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SOB_PSP303:

Ones again thank you for all the hard work you have been putting in and best wishes to you and family. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let them use it... in such position impossible to fly Ok and especially try to shoot....
However I think we can limit this function with the message "too great speed" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Oleg for a fast reply to my €œraised seat€ post.
But as you know it only takes a push at two keys to be back in a shooting position.
It has always been a big plus of your simulator that it very accurately portrayed air combat, with raised seat the element of a surprise attack from the blind side of enemy has now been lost.
I hope you will give this some more thought.

Thanks.

BfHeFwMe
10-27-2004, 11:51 PM
Please do open your canopy, you'll fly so much slower and allow me a better shot. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

JG53Frankyboy
10-28-2004, 07:41 AM
did you ever tested the speed differnce form an open cockpit in PF3.0 ??

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

and sure it isnt woth to mention in a slow flying, sharp turning Reisen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Willey
10-28-2004, 06:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Philipscdrw:
I get occasional problems with the seat raise. I'll be sitting on the carrier, waiting to take off, with the seat raised, and sometimes the view just drops back down again. I don't know why. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also noticed that onwhine. Quite often with a dodgy connection. Seems to be a netcode problem. It's really fricking to have this right in the final approach just some seconds before touchdown - I had this several times now... needs to be fixed.

effte
10-29-2004, 06:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oleg_Maddox:
However I think we can limit this function with the message "too great speed" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Way to go!