PDA

View Full Version : Problems with AC trilogy!!!

Dawnfang
10-26-2007, 05:25 AM
Hey all,

I was just wondering: They said AC will be a trilogy with some parts being set in modernday times (near future). However, do you think a game like AC, where stalking and parcour is very important, could be set in modernday times? After all, ofcourse one could climb a building these days, but in contrast to the guards in medievaltimes, modernday guards don't throw rocks to get you down: they just shoot you down...

Do you think the same game could be set in this time, with all the technology of these days?

GuStick93
10-26-2007, 05:27 AM
only time will tell

Altair_MrAltair
10-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Originally posted by GuStick93:
only time will tell
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif
Indeed, only time will tell, but off the top of my head I can't think of a way to put this game into a Modern/Futuristic world and make it not an FPS game...

yehonatan.roth
10-26-2007, 08:15 AM
i have great belif in this game... and if they decide to put us in the future allthow i dislike the notion i will still buy it because i see great things for this game...

Rogue4152
10-26-2007, 08:17 AM
future will open the door to robot ninja suits that offer camo. (like mgs4 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif)

which would be awesome. and laser swords and stuff

yea.......... thatd be cool.......

lpcrispo
10-26-2007, 08:21 AM
well, policemen here can't shoot you if you are not a menace to their lives...

Lhorkan
10-26-2007, 08:30 AM
That, and if you're just around in the city people won't shoot you at all (whereas they might throw rocks at you in 1191) because they think you're doing cool tricks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

fGuppy88
10-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by lpcrispo:
Unless you shoot the pres

lpcrispo
10-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by fGuppy88:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lpcrispo:
Unless you shoot the pres </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I should have said : unless you are a menace to an innocent live...

Royal.Mist
10-26-2007, 11:57 AM
lol @ the thought of police standing at the base of a building asking as politely as possible for you to come down. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

holland_is_mad
10-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Well if AC 2's Alta´r would climb a modern really high building to get an overview of the area, it would not only take him like 5 mins to get to the top(Even at his speed), but he'd also be arrested when he got to the top. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

avsrule247
10-26-2007, 12:08 PM
I don't think Ubi will create a modern Assassin's Creed. The problem with the modern AC is like the poster said, there would be guns, cars, etc and it would basically be GTA.

They probably have something else in store for us.

Zombie_K
10-26-2007, 02:56 PM
i'd like to see modern day AC and it could easily be done, i mean if the assassins could easily take out the crusades commanders the could surely shape the present and future of the world...so i could imagine a world with advanced tech but not advanced warfare and stuff i mean the assassins could easily have shaped the world to be different then ours is...so it could be doable it'd just need an amazing story. something i think the first ac has set up really well to do

AoKH_newIdea
10-26-2007, 03:10 PM
Changing the way history played out seems pretty silly. I doubt Ubi is lazy enough to make such a cop-out.

You guy are forgetting that a lot of the world's modern cities are still quite primitive, compared to our own cities (i.e., in America, England, etc.).

BellumetPax
10-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I think that it might be a series of crusade games, or other history based games. I am not sure though, its just a theory. Although I would love to see an AC game set in fuedalistic China.

danny.b87
10-26-2007, 03:26 PM
or maby a modern time verion but then still in jerusalem... but i highly doubt that

Clonage2006
10-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Let the enemies have guns. Any assassin as badarss as altair can take them down!

DeadCorpseAC
10-26-2007, 03:33 PM
They are good in what they do. I believe that they (Ubi Montreal) can do a great game.
Maybe, it'll be the best game ever... who knows?! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

saros.exe
10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I can imagine AC happening in our time easily.

What does change when going from medieval to our time?
One thing is that guards will prefer carrying ranged weapons with them instead of swords. And bow / gun is no big difference when you can quickly escape and hide (at least the devs can make the difference small)
Oh yeah, and the streets won't be as narrow as in 1191.
And the gameplay will change from being a kill and run to stealth kill and stealth escape.
You still will be able to escape using crowds, as even if the guards will decide to shoot at you, they would kill off the crowd instead of you.
the assasin can wear a light kevlar.

Just some ideas http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

BTOG46
10-26-2007, 03:56 PM
And it all starts to sound a bit like Splinter Cell. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

MeAltairLol
10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
I agree with BTOG46.

All those suggestions make it sound like either GTA, or Splinter Cell.

saros.exe
10-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Except you got free roam, focus on blades instead of guns, and are not neccesarily working for the good guys. No advanced weapons or gear, more focus on climbing. Gameplay during day and nighttime.
Maybe I haven't played splinter cell enough, but i can easily imagine something that is a modern stealth game without being a Splinter Cell. But even if you can't, think of it this way, AC is a bit reminiscent of Prince of Persia. Does it spoil it? No. And would it spoil the next AC if it was reminiscent of Splinter? hmmm

And gta's are all about killing people. A lot of people. Brutally killing. I see no link in between these ideas and GTA, except for them both happening in our time.

MeAltairLol
10-26-2007, 05:22 PM
Still, I'm sure the developers have something far more original for us! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

deathbringer616
10-26-2007, 05:36 PM
there are alot of games like manhunt (great game) and splinter cell which ,in manhunts case, the main character doesn't use guns often, so yes it is possible to do http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Skaevola
10-26-2007, 08:39 PM
I don't think the games will have to make a transition to traditional stealth. Besides the ranged weapons and wide roads, there's one more important difference: population. There are millions more people than thee were in 1191. In AC, if a guard attacks you, then the crowd takes a few seconds to clear out and then you can fight the guard one-on-one. Now imagine trying that on a crowded New York street. If a cop actually fires his gun into that street, it's not going to end well.

Also, buildings and other weird structures are a lot closer together now. It'd be much easier to leap nimbly from place to place and be two blocks away before the cops even know what they're looking for.

One more wall o' text: Desmond looks much less noticeable in a crowd to me. If he's wandering a busy street and the cops get a report that they're looking for "a man with a hoodie and blue jeans" chances are they won't get anywhere. So maybe, instead of relying more on traditional stealth, the next games are going to go in the exact opposite direction and rely more on social stealth.

Warrior-Within2
10-26-2007, 09:08 PM
They never said that the game is going to be set in the future. They said things will happen that have implications to this very day.

Skaevola
10-26-2007, 09:26 PM
On the contrary, they've said repeatedly that one or both of the other games in the trilogy will be in a present/future setting.

Warrior-Within2
10-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Wingf00t:
On the contrary, they've said repeatedly that one or both of the other games in the trilogy will be in a present/future setting.

Video's please. I've seen all the video's but I don't recall this.

gamepro11
10-27-2007, 02:05 PM
hmmm. if they made this game in the future it would lower my respect for Ubisoft.I think that they might make one more modern, but still not todays modern, like the Civil War maybe...

BTOG46
10-27-2007, 02:23 PM
This quote from one of those who were selected to play the game in Canada, might give cause for speculation.
================================================
"Futuristic Elements?
-Patrice said no to answering any of that before we even asked".
================================================
No to futuristic elements, or no to answering questions...........
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

AirRon_2K7
10-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by holland_is_mad:
Well if AC 2's Alta´r would climb a modern really high building to get an overview of the area, it would not only take him like 5 mins to get to the top(Even at his speed), but he'd also be arrested when he got to the top. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

But surely in AC 2, he'd just save up a bit of cash and get a GPS... save a lot of climbing I would have thought...

Skaevola
10-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Darn it! I can't find anything. But it's common knowledge (obviously; just look at the thread). Plus, you can just find the leaked comics on the internet.

sweetlou280
10-27-2007, 07:58 PM
I was listening to an interview with jade and she was talking about Patrice and all of his good ideas he has for trilogies. One that she mentioned is a french revolution game, which is during the time of the early 1 shot rifles/pistols. I think it would be an interesting game

ocataco
10-27-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by lpcrispo:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fGuppy88:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lpcrispo:
Unless you shoot the pres </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I should have said : unless you are a menace to an innocent life... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

how does that add up?

Warrior-Within2
10-27-2007, 11:18 PM
Once again, since I got no hard evidence proving otherwise all I have to say is: They never said that the game is going to be set in the future. They said things will happen that have implications to this very day.

Tiberius135
10-28-2007, 12:30 AM
I reckon it'd be cool in a future environment. Kinda like Star Wars Bounty Hunter, I really liked the levels in the city in that game.

Legolas00198
10-28-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:
Once again, since I got no hard evidence proving otherwise all I have to say is: They never said that the game is going to be set in the future. They said things will happen that have implications to this very day.

They did in fact at least one of the games in the trilogy WILLbe based in a futureistic setting.

spazzoo1025
10-28-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Legolas00198:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:

They did in fact at least one of the games in the trilogy WILLbe based in a futureistic setting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
if there is a trilogy
why are we using random bolding?

Warrior-Within2
10-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Legolas00198:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warrior-Within2:

They did in fact at least one of the games in the trilogy WILLbe based in a futureistic setting. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Proof please.

IHS_Spitfire
10-29-2007, 04:21 PM
where stalking and parcour

Will people stop calling it 'parcour'

its PARKOUR, I do parkour myself, i thought it was funny when i first saw people calling it 'Parcour' but now its annoying

and Assassins creed would be well good In modern times! the assassin could be Altairs Great x80 Grandson.

nov16.woop
10-29-2007, 04:37 PM
well who said it had to be alitar, it is about them going into some guys mind and finding about this guy alitar.then for futre they look obv into the future and find a guy who has done some siggnificant like alitar.

18 days then am playin it!

Stillzero
10-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Funny how people doubt if Assassins Creed will actually work in a postmodern setting.
If i recall correctly Parkour (with a k, happy ?) is a trend that only recently got some form.
And gathering information,spying and stalking aswell as stealth assasinations are all things that are just as (if not more) common these days as it is in the thrid crusade.

spazzoo1025
10-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by IHS_Spitfire:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">where stalking and parcour

Will people stop calling it 'parcour'

its PARKOUR, I do parkour myself, i thought it was funny when i first saw people calling it 'Parcour' but now its annoying
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Amen, brudda! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

dd22cowboys
10-29-2007, 04:48 PM
The main reason i even want AC is because of the Crusade/setting and the fact that its historically based. If they made the same exact game except in modern times I would not be here in this forum and would NOT buy the game. Thankfully its not cus this game will rule!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Maybe they will go BACK in time more! Assassinating roman generals and senators!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif OR maybe a 1700's time, with Colonial USA, killing for the masons (george washington was one). You could kill like slave traders and greedy merchants!

P.S. If they make a modern sequel i will probably buy it soley to finish the story of altair which will likely be awesome!

GPNM
10-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Stillzero:
Funny how people doubt if Assassins Creed will actually work in a postmodern setting.
If i recall correctly Parkour (with a k, happy ?) is a trend that only recently got some form.
And gathering information,spying and stalking aswell as stealth assasinations are all things that are just as (if not more) common these days as it is in the thrid crusade.
As an activity Parkour is great.

It would not work as a method of getting closer to your Assassination target in the modern world however, due to the security that exists nowadays. If they decide to include a bunch of high tech gadgets then it becomes nothing more than another Splinter Cell.

Assassinations nowadays are performed with poisons, rocket attacks, or guns etc. Not with a hidden blade. And people who perform public assassinations aren't able to simply blend into the crowd and escape with no one remembering what they look like.

If it will be set in the future, then I would imagine that the setting will be far different from major cities of today like New York, London, or Paris (though I admit, it would be awesome to climb the Eiffel Tower and pounce on an unsuspecting victim down below).

Faylinks
10-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by GuStick93:
only time will tell

I just asked time, and he said that it was 3:51..

Stillzero
10-29-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Faylinks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GuStick93:
only time will tell

I just asked time, and he said that it was 3:51.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You made me spill my drink through my nose.
You will pay.

XD lol

membernametaken
10-29-2007, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Stillzero:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Faylinks:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GuStick93:
only time will tell

I just asked time, and he said that it was 3:51.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You made me spill my drink through my nose.
You will pay.

XD lol </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It took me a few seconds to get the joke.

Funny stuff... funny stuff.

Skaevola
10-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by GPNM:
Assassinations nowadays are performed with poisons, rocket attacks, or guns etc. Not with a hidden blade. And people who perform public assassinations aren't able to simply blend into the crowd and escape with no one remembering what they look like.

There was a killing spree "performed" a few years ago by a couple teenagers with longswords. They injured an awful lot of people with their swords, because no one could defend against it. They were eventually shot down, of course, but they got far, just because people can't hide from a precise, graceful blade like they can from a bullet that was shot in a fit of madness.
Now, this is all to make the point that, in modern times, swords can still be powerful weapons. And as for being recognized, if you're wearing a grey hoodie that covers your face and blue jeans, you're not going to be picked out of a crowd.

Hey, why are we poking holes in this, anyways? We want the sequel to work, right? If it's a great AC game in modern times, why would we want to tear it down? Let's try to love it, and if it really does suck, we can just play the first one over and over again!