PDA

View Full Version : decided on the CH stick.....but but but

boxduty
04-13-2005, 03:57 PM
can't afford the pedals.

Worth saving for? Or shall I panic and go for the Saitek X whatever?

I know this has cropped up loads, but I can't help vacillating...I've one shot at buying this, my current stick is moribund, and I'm tending towards something long lasting.

Guess I'm not 100% sure about pedals. Should I be? Sorry if this is old ground, perhaps I need a kick up the Orse on the issue.

But the CH stick...yes. It appeals...

I think...

[Gypsy]
04-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Save up for the rudder pedals... I have all 3 CH controllers (stick/pedals/throttle)... bought each piece separately over a 9 month period (one each 3 months)... worth the wait and the investment... I have had mine for two years now and the entire setup still feels like the day I bought them...

TgD Thunderbolt56
04-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Wait for the pedals. The immediate gratification isn't worth it one bit after a few months and the ever-increasing slop that creeps into the saitek...IMO.

TB

boxduty
04-13-2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks for your comments! I appreciate it!
It helps a lot...

Thanks again

horseback
04-13-2005, 08:57 PM
If you already have a 'serviceable' stick (and I know that nothing else is quite as nice as a well endowed stick), I'd get the pedals now and save up for the stick.

I had a perfectly good Sidewinder Precision2 when I got the Pro Pedals, and it worked fine for the time it took me to come up with the cash for a Combatstick and a Pro Throttle.

Good pedals do more for the sim experience than a good stick IMHO.

However, if you have no stick, or an absolutely awful stick, get the new CH stick.

Either way, you will be more pleased with your purchase by this time next year than you will be the day you make it-CH products are that good.

cheers

horseback

VW-IceFire
04-13-2005, 09:29 PM
When my MS Precision 2 kicks the bucket...hopefully sometime in the distant future...I'm definately going to grab the CH. I hear very good things.

But do they have twist sticks for rudders incase the pedals don't get done all in the same purchase?

Barra-Cuda
04-14-2005, 01:02 AM
I have just the Fighterstick USB and the Pro Throttle USB - Pedals would be nice butttttt take up floor space. I programmed the mini joystick on the throttle to use as rudder and it works very well - so well infact I may never buy pedals - just an idea for those of you not wanting to buy all three. Another word of wisdom - do not ever drop a CH product for if you break/damage any of the plastic housings CH will NOT send you replacement parts, you will have to send it in to them to repair even though electrical parts/switches etc can be ordered and replaced by the owner - they kinda strange about that - don"t know why????????

ChicagoChad
04-14-2005, 10:31 AM
Highly recommended.

No question.

I couldn't fly without my CH pedals/trottle MSFFB2 and TrackIR.

VFA-195 Snacky
04-14-2005, 10:59 AM
I went through 3 X45s over a 1 year period due to slop and parts breaking. I have had my CH gear for just over two years and never had one single issue. If you are serious about flight sims then there is no substitute, get CH. It is expensive at first, but considering how they last and the quality product that you get it is a worthy investment.