PDA

View Full Version : Bodyguard

Kramerisgamer
12-24-2011, 06:44 AM
This ability baffles me. Whenever I use it, it just walks a few feet and spins in circles. But yesterday I saw somebody use bodyguard and I went for the stun but he contested me!He still disappeared but I got stunned. I just don't get it.
If it worked like that for me I would use it all the time. What do you think?

weeklydose
12-24-2011, 07:12 AM
I like Bodyguard because it can create just that extra layer of confusion you sometimes need... but I actually always hope my bodyguard doesn't stun my pursuer, because then I won't be getting any points. I'd much rather take the Lure (and in team games, then go for the free stun).

The spinning around in cicles you mention sounds like a case of your pursuer backing of out of your bodyguard's reach, by the way, or even not being in reach at all.

Kramerisgamer
12-24-2011, 07:17 AM
When he did his spin it was on my pursuer because I still stunned him with a smoke bomb. I used to use bodyguard exclusively but it doesn't seem to be consistent enough. I'll probably try again sometime. But the contested stun really confused me.

Just Krispy
12-24-2011, 07:56 AM
I spent an afternoon trying to get the Pirate's Revenge achievement and I found your observation true. Most of the time the Bodyguard just derped around or just stood there. It helped if the pursuer was in high profile, but as a whole its really not worth it..Decoy works better IMHO.

Lord_Poseidon
12-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Bodyguard works so much better when used aggressively. If you know who's after you, use it on an NPC near him rather than one near you. He'll be focusing on you and probably won't notice that there's another target closing in on him. If he does, the most he might do is try to kill it, suspecting that it's you using disguise, which works out in your favor.

Using it like that, bodyguard is one of my favorite abilities. It just doesn't last long enough to be able to camp anywhere with it, even with a boosted duration.

As for the contested stun... I never even knew that could happen. Unless I'm misunderstanding something. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Kramerisgamer
12-24-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by Lord_Poseidon:
Bodyguard works so much better when used aggressively. If you know who's after you, use it on an NPC near him rather than one near you. He'll be focusing on you and probably won't notice that there's another target closing in on him. If he does, the most he might do is try to kill it, suspecting that it's you using disguise, which works out in your favor.

Using it like that, bodyguard is one of my favorite abilities. It just doesn't last long enough to be able to camp anywhere with it, even with a boosted duration.

As for the contested stun... I never even knew that could happen. Unless I'm misunderstanding something. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
It looked like a normal contested kill(the one where you redirect their punch), and when he did the backhand that would happen before I kill him, he disappeared and I was on the ground.

weeklydose
12-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Poseidon:
Bodyguard works so much better when used aggressively. If you know who's after you, use it on an NPC near him rather than one near you. He'll be focusing on you and probably won't notice that there's another target closing in on him.
Wait, you can pick who you want to turn into a Bodyguard? I thought the ability was that it turned a random NPC near you into a bodyguard. Are you telling me you can lock onto an NPC two blend groups over and turn him, specifically him, into your bodyguard?

I never tried this, because I always thought it was random. I never even lock an NPC when I used the ability.

XxKillaChaosxX
12-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by weeklydose:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lord_Poseidon:
Bodyguard works so much better when used aggressively. If you know who's after you, use it on an NPC near him rather than one near you. He'll be focusing on you and probably won't notice that there's another target closing in on him.
Wait, you can pick who you want to turn into a Bodyguard? I thought the ability was that it turned a random NPC near you into a bodyguard. Are you telling me you can lock onto an NPC two blend groups over and turn him, specifically him, into your bodyguard?

I never tried this, because I always thought it was random. I never even lock an NPC when I used the ability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I've never been able to use the lock to change anyone.

E-Zekiel
12-24-2011, 01:35 PM
It doesn't work on a lock. However, if anyone in its activation range is your shared persona and your ONLY shared persona, it will specifically send that one, and not any other NPCs.

papartusedmcrsk
12-24-2011, 01:37 PM
I have only used Bodyguard once, and everytime I set it off it turned the NPC next to me, Jester or not, into the bodyguard. Sometimes even if there was another Jester it would change another persona into one.

Who knows??

The_Despair_
12-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Yesterday I had my target locked in a blend group and they used bodyguard right before they were in my reach to kill them.

What does my guy do? Kill the bodyguard, NOT the person I was locked on to.

It was at that point I decided that Bodyguard can go **** itself.

A Cupcake Nurse
12-24-2011, 05:15 PM
This has happened a lot with me and bodyguard, though it helps more than hurts. If he starts to spin, its a dead giveaway, but the pursuers will fall back far enough until it wears off. An' then, there are cases where he or she will stun someone perfectly <3 Like a target using Templar Vision (oh how I enjoyed that) but I'm considering to switch it out with something else.

XxKillaChaosxX
12-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by The_Despair_:
Yesterday I had my target locked in a blend group and they used bodyguard right before they were in my reach to kill them.

What does my guy do? Kill the bodyguard, NOT the person I was locked on to.

It was at that point I decided that Bodyguard can go **** itself.
Bodyguards and decoys have kill priority even if you have a lock on someone. It's really annoying.

Lord_Poseidon
12-24-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by weeklydose:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lord_Poseidon:

I never tried this, because I always thought it was random. I never even lock an NPC when I used the ability. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You're right, it is random. But if you lock onto an NPC and you don't have any copies of yourself around you, it'll transform someone near the NPC you've locked. At least that's what I've noticed--maybe it just happens to randomly choose someone near my targeted NPC.

Must admit though, I mostly play deathmatch, meaning I'm normally pretty close to my pursuers anyway, so I don't often get the chance to try bodyguard at a distance.

massmurdera_666
12-25-2011, 12:07 AM
i love the Bodyguard, i've had a few hick-ups with it every now and then but it usually went in my favor, they probably thought i was trying to figure a way out of there before they kill me.

a couple days ago i was playing wanted for a few hours with a group of guys and won almost each match just using morph/bodyguard and collecting mainly stuns (the last few matches they resorted to using TV and running around on the roofs), it was awesome.

and i'm not bragging, i am no way as good as other players, i have yet to break 5500 in any match.