PDA

View Full Version : what happens when i change my hard disk copy to a new computer

pineapple6
03-30-2011, 02:51 PM
i'm gunno get a new computer but i already have downloaded the game on to the computer i have now what happens if i uninstall and reinstall it on ot my new computer? do i keep my saved files or will i have to start a new game?

KingDaniel0
03-30-2011, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by pineapple6:
i'm gunno get a new computer but i already have downloaded the game on to the computer i have now what happens if i uninstall and reinstall it on ot my new computer? do i keep my saved files or will i have to start a new game?

To avoid losing any game progress you might have made, it's better you make a BACKUP of your saved game files, because I think AC:B uses a different method of saving.

Anyways, the Saved games are located under the default folder:

In Win7 and Vista:
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Saved Games\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\Saved

In Win XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\<USERNAME>\Application Data\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed Brotherhood\Saved

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pineapple6
03-31-2011, 07:15 AM
then how would i be able to transfer like save to a flash drive or somtin?

KingDaniel0
03-31-2011, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by pineapple6:
then how would i be able to transfer like save to a flash drive or somtin?

I'm not sure what you are asking, but just COPY or send the entire folder i.e. Saved, from the above Windows path to any USB Pen/flash drive you might be having.

Do you have any USB flash drive ? Or, you can also make a Backup of the saves to the same Hard disk/HD partition on your computer, in which you are NOT installing Windows. But if you are getting a totally New and a different PC, then Saving the data on this HD won't be useful, unless you are going to use this HD, on the new Comp as well.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------

pineapple6
03-31-2011, 11:44 AM
what type of program do i open this file in to save becasue it doesn't have a default one on my computer and also would i have to save the file as the same name, then transfer into the assassins creed folder once i get my new computer?