PDA

View Full Version : Pointless

HotelBushranger
07-29-2005, 03:30 AM
How I am sick with some servers. They include the whole list of flyables, which is great for me, I enjoy flying early planes. The problem is, 90% of the players go for the 44/45 aircraft. Flying on a full-list is pointless when it basically becomes a late war planeset. And I am sick of the uber planes. Flying on one server right now, there are 2 La7 w 3x20, 2 Ki-84C's and 4 (!) Yak3P's. I am flying my faithful Ki-61. While I think I am doing well, there is only so much a med-war plane can do with a horde of superplanes on your 6. I think that if you are to include a full list of planes on your server, you should restrict some planes, i.e. anything 1945, as almost everyone goes for those planes, and just becomes a noob fest.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif ~S~

MEGILE
07-29-2005, 05:39 AM
Join one of my coops.

Early to mid war, MTO PTO and ETO

triggerhappyfin
07-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I agree w you. I tend to choose servers with plane set by year of event...much nicer. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

One thing tho..we dont have enough early war bombers http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif.

Capt._Tenneal
07-29-2005, 08:24 AM
That's what happens when pilots are given a choice of what aircraft to fly. I'd bet those real life Japanese aces in 44/45 would have liked to have flown a Ki-84/c than the outmoded Zekes they were flying. Are there any servers that issue planes to pilots like a real HQ would have done back in WW 2 ?

Then again if you restrict the 44/45 planesets, folks will just go for the 43 planes (or whatever is the latest year allowable).

JG7_Rall
07-29-2005, 08:24 AM
I agree, although I do like flying 44 WC a lot, if I'm in the mood for mid war stuff (which I often am) I hate seeing super props buzzing around me

HotelBushranger
07-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Exactly, theres nothing much BUT super props buzzing around. Its killing the fun to have cruddy nooby planes shoot you down for flying an early plane, it does nothing but punish the player for having a bit of variety. Grrr.

VW-IceFire
07-29-2005, 12:46 PM
Its still very satisfiying if you manage to nail a uber-n00b late war pilot in a plane like a Ki-61 as you know you really bested him completely.

TAGERT.
07-29-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
How I am sick with some servers. They include the whole list of flyables, which is great for me, I enjoy flying early planes. The problem is, 90% of the players go for the 44/45 aircraft. Flying on a full-list is pointless when it basically becomes a late war planeset. And I am sick of the uber planes. Flying on one server right now, there are 2 La7 w 3x20, 2 Ki-84C's and 4 (!) Yak3P's. I am flying my faithful Ki-61. While I think I am doing well, there is only so much a med-war plane can do with a horde of superplanes on your 6. I think that if you are to include a full list of planes on your server, you should restrict some planes, i.e. anything 1945, as almost everyone goes for those planes, and just becomes a noob fest.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif ~S~ A guy is sitting in the doctor's office.. The doctor walks in and says "what can I do for you today" the guys says to the doctor "it hurts when I do this" the doctors says "dont do that"

SeaFireLIV
07-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Nature of Man, m8. It`s only a game, but it represents what a lot of people will do in r\l too. There aren`t many who`ll take something not as good as the latest. It`s honourable of you.

Only solution is restriction.

Badsight.
07-29-2005, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by HotelBushranger:
Flying on a full-list is pointless when it basically becomes a late war planeset. And I am sick of the uber planes. well you wont like 1942 planesets at all then

or 1943

there is gamebreaking uberplanes in all years

WTE_Warg
07-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Can understand where your coming from mate. Can I assume that they are not "full switch" servers but just for fun with icons enabled? Guess it all depends on the intention of the server. Unfortunately, even using the year from the object viewer to determine planesets can be inaccurate. What I tend to do for dogfight mission design, is first pick a map and an air battle that was fought there or in an area that matches the map. From there I have a date and I'll research to see what units and aircraft were actually there. I'll look at the rarity factor and design the mission to reflect this through various means. Always try to keep it balanced. I guess the only way to get changes though, is to keep away from them till they lift there game. Goodluck.
http://members.optushome.com.au/~noseyparker/introduction.html

Pirschjaeger
07-29-2005, 08:43 PM
I have flown on JG/54's Eastern Hotshots server a few times. I have to say it was the best I've flown on so far. The planesets are limited to history and the Eastern Front.

Knocking down Spits, La's, P-51's with a K4, Ta, or a Dora is no fun IMHO. I like the early Eastern Front because it's more of a challenge. I like to fly the Emils, Friedrichs, or Gustavs and when you go against a good Mig, Hurri, Spit, or La pilot I enjoy the fight and challenge.

I think I would only enjoy a late war server, with limited planesets, if the red outnumber the blue 5 to 1 or more. I don't like an even fight. I prefer the advantage to be in my enemies favor, therefor giving me a good challenge. But I haven't seen this yet.

Flying the K4 against 5 P-51's is as fun as it gets. But 1 vs 1 is as boring as it gets.

Fritz

Stigler_9_JG52
07-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Preaching to the choir, son.

HotelBushranger
07-29-2005, 10:53 PM
Its still very satisfiying if you manage to nail a uber-n00b late war pilot in a plane like a Ki-61 as you know you really bested him completely.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Yes, can testify to that. In the afore-mentioned server, F2 is disabled. I don't fly many full real (although it wasnt completely) servers, but when I do I love employing the tactics you never do in fun servers. Anyway, I'm cruising in my 61 Hei (usually use the Otsu, but I wanted to bust some Yak3 balls) and I'm keeping track of a dogfight. Lots of tracers, one plane goes down, turns out to be one of mine. Alrighty, time to go down to the fight. With several thousand feet of height, I am able to get to the Yaks, which usually I couldn't. I spot an enemy Yak3, and go for him. Just having shot down my teamate, I would have supposed he was content with himself and was heading for home. I closed to within 10 metres of him, trigger fingers itchy. I wanted to make sure I didnt @rse it up like most times. Lining up the crosshair, ready, aim....FIRE! The MG 151/20's get to work, open him up like a tin can. Fuselage is ripped in half, a wing shredded off, engines on fire and pilot riddled with bullets. He drops like a sack of spuds. Victory is sweet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

new-fherathras
07-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Tagert said:
A guy is sitting in the doctor's office.. The doctor walks in and says "what can I do for you today" the guys says to the doctor "it hurts when I do this" the doctors says "dont do that"

Exatly!

Why dont you just fly on other servers if its sutch a big problem? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

Da_Godfatha
07-30-2005, 03:09 PM
Forget it dude. Most of the heroes onwhine would have a fit without their 30mm's or their UFO planes. I have been on servers WITHOUT late plane sets, and have seen guys come on and complain about it.

On my Squadron server when the map changes to a early war set, the people start to drop like flys and just us from the Squadron are onboard.

It is sad but true, why do you think there are so many threads (whines) about late war planes? Why no thread about the Hurricane Mk1 or any plane before 1943-45? Hmmmmmmm?

HotelBushranger
07-30-2005, 08:38 PM
Exatly!

Why dont you just fly on other servers if its sutch a big problem?

Forget it dude. Most of the heroes onwhine would have a fit without their 30mm's or their UFO planes. I have been on servers WITHOUT late plane sets, and have seen guys come on and complain about it.

Exactly! I can't just fly on other servers, because, simply, THERE AREN'T! Or at least I'm playing, maybe time zones have something to do with that. Still, last night, there was not ONE server that had players in it that WERN'T 44/45. I know because I joined every one to make sure. They all had the same plane set: F4U-1C, Spit IXe CW, P-38L Late, La-7, Bf-109 G6 or K4, FW 190 A9, Ki-84C. Were there any I missed out? Oh yeah, Some had the P-40M, but who flies that, its such a cr@pplane right?