PDA

View Full Version : Joint-Ops...

squadldr76
07-12-2006, 12:05 PM
Any of you fellas go through the flight program? If so, how is it? Is it very demanding of time?

I've read over the site and got very interested. I just wanted to hear some opinions here about it.

Thanks.

skycaptain_1
07-12-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi squadldr76

Joint ops is excellent.

They have great instructors (some actual pilots)that take you through the basic flight program, it's aimed at the novice and takes you through setting up the game to navigation and formation flying. You may breeze through most of the basic stuff but you'll always find something you never thought about and it will teach how not to srew up a landing ever again..lol

After that you can stay with them and continue through their training program which is excellent again, and they will teach you all you need to know about air combat and tactics as well as how to lead...but you have to be patient if you go there wanting to know how to be a fighter ace in the first 8 week course you'll be dissapointed.

thats a brief summary.

-HH-Quazi
07-13-2006, 01:06 AM
The only time demanding portion of JO is participating in the IL-2 BFS. It is a basic flight school and requires 8 classes, generally every other evening starting on a Wednesday evening, and excluding weekends. Training time for the Euro classes start at 3pm EST. Training time for the US classes start at 8PM EST. Classes generally last three hours. Upon graduation, subsequent classes are given once a week on a Saturday afternoon\early evening, depending on the instructors schedule. It is in these classes that the more advanced information is given and taught.

You should give it a shot if you can commit to the time schedule for BFS. Meps for the August class starts on July 30, with the first class on the following Wednesday. I am one of the instructors for the US class and can tell you that even though I had been flying this sim for well over 3 yrs, I learned alot through BFS. But it is setup for the m8 that just purchased the sim and has never flown a flight simulation. So for the more experienced, there are some portions of class that may be redundant for you, such as take offs and landings which is pre=aticed at the beginning of every class. Proper radio procedures are taught as well during this time. Plus, there is a bit of spice thrown in from time to time to shake things up a bit, all in an effort to teach teamwork and communication.

You will find all of the instructors some of the finest helpful m8s you will probably ever come across. So fill out the app on the JO web site for the August IL-2 BFS classes at www.joint-ops.com (http://www.joint-ops.com) I hope to see you there.

Diablo310th
07-13-2006, 08:51 AM
I've been thru it too and it's an excellent program for new people as well as old vets. There is always something u will learn there with great instructors.